Wizards returning to R/W/B in 2011-12(?)

keynote

Okay--who besides me was honestly half-shocked at the number of Wizards fans that suddenly popped up outta nowhere up in here?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay--who besides me was honestly half-shocked at the number of Wizards fans that suddenly popped up outta nowhere up in here?

Was just thinking the same thing. I mean I haven't been on here all the much for awhile now, but still. How many Wizards "fans" are there all of a sudden.

To see them differentiate a little, I think they should go navy with a deeper red, maybe something like crimson, but not as dark as burgundy or maroon. And maybe leave a touch of the gold. I think they could look different enough from the Nationals. Yeah their current colors are somewhat unique (Minnesota has the same with silver instead of gold, and the Mavs don't look too different with the navy instead of black, not to mention the Magic, who not only have the similar colors but name too and Orlando was there first), but I'm willng to give this a chance.

Oh, and sorry to some of you guys, the "Bullets" will never return.

Was just thinking the same thing. I mean I haven't been on here all the much for awhile now, but still. How many Wizards "fans" are there all of a sudden.

To see them differentiate a little, I think they should go navy with a deeper red, maybe something like crimson, but not as dark as burgundy or maroon. And maybe leave a touch of the gold. I think they could look different enough from the Nationals. Yeah their current colors are somewhat unique (Minnesota has the same with silver instead of gold, and the Mavs don't look too different with the navy instead of black, not to mention the Magic, who not only have the similar colors but name too and Orlando was there first), but I'm willng to give this a chance.

Oh, and sorry to some of you guys, the "Bullets" will never return.

Likewise. It's the Wizards. They have one of the most universally panned identities in sports.

This change to red, white, and blue is a half-measure. It won't change the fact that the name and logos are still awful. Bullets may never return, but something other then Wizards is needed.

A patriotic Wizard huh?

(insert obligatory Sen. Robert Byrd reference here)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A patriotic Wizard huh?

(insert obligatory Sen. Robert Byrd reference here)

I knew someone would bring that up sooner or later...I just didn't want to be the one. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hope Ernie Grunfield regrets the future color change the current ones PERFECTLY defined a Wizard (as one user said here earlier).

Just wondering. How is this true, exactly? What about pale blue, bronze, and black says "wizard"?

I like the current colors for the basketball team because they came with a name change. It made much more sense for the Capitals to switch back to R/W/B.

Now if only they could get rid of the purple theme inside the arena, since that was Irene Pollin's favorite color. The scoreboard has already been switched out but I doubt they're going to do anything with the 19,000+ seats.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

It's probably because there's rarely a reason to post anything about the Wizards here. They haven't done much the past few seasons... at least on the court.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Hope Ernie Grunfield regrets the future color change the current ones PERFECTLY defined a Wizard (as one user said here earlier).

Just wondering. How is this true, exactly? What about pale blue, bronze, and black says "wizard"?

Well it's actually slate blue, GOLD, and black (not trying to be a smartass but this is a sportslogos site). But those colors certainly seem more "magical" than red white and blue to me. I mean when I picture a "Wizard" (which isn't very often), I imagine a dark blue or black robe with gold trim. But that's just me.

Since Wizards aren't things we see in everyday life, it's probably too subjective of a point to argue.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I just don't understand ditching a unique color schemes for another red, white, blue. Not only that, red, white, blue is just NOT a wizard.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well it's actually slate blue, GOLD, and black (not trying to be a smartass but this is a sportslogos site). But those colors certainly seem more "magical" than red white and blue to me. I mean when I picture a "Wizard" (which isn't very often), I imagine a dark blue or black robe with gold trim. But that's just me.

Since Wizards aren't things we see in everyday life, it's probably too subjective of a point to argue.

Again, I don't see how the Wizards' colours are more "magical" then any other colour scheme. In fact at least one iconic image of a wizard supports a red, white, and blue colour scheme. When I think of a generic wizard I think purple and gold, to be honest. If we look to pop culture we have grey and white from Lord of the Rings and the various colours of Hogwarts from Harry Potter.

I think the reason so many people here assume that slate blue, gold, and black is perfect for a team named the Wizards is only because the Wizards have used that colour scheme for so long. Imagine they never switched from Bullets and were still a red, white, and blue team. Would blue, gold, and black seem like the obvious colour choice for a team named the Wizards? I would say no.

Blue, black and bronze COMPLETELY defines a wizard.

Blue, black and gold obviously does not.

You guys are all idiots for not realizing this.

edit:

HAY GUYZ I FOUND A PICTURE OF WHAT THE NEW WIZARDS UNIFORMS WILL LOOK LIEK! A friend of mine got it from a guy who used to :censored: Abe Pollin's maid's brother and they said that this was always Irenes favorite look and purple sucks cuz the Vikings are a bunch of biths and well here it is what do you guys think? This is a FINAL rendering and no one is going to change it.

fantasia_mickey.jpg

(proposed final rendering not going to change EVAR new Whizzards uniform on the right. The left are the proposed new cheerleader uniforms)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Blue, black and bronze COMPLETELY defines a wizard.

Blue, black and gold obviously does not.

You guys are all idiots for not realizing this.

The whole identity sucks anyway. Changing the colours really won't help matters.

Archived