MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Here are two game-worn caps. Both made by McAuliffe of Boston, one was shipped crosstown to Fenway Park and the other to Brooklyn.

5669406559_7fb6710f04_o.jpg

5669977300_596d5f4dc4_o.jpg

Same logo.

5670098973_3690710254_o.jpg

The only difference is that one has an outline.

That's the logo MLB made the "official" Cooperstown Collection mark, only they slapped the Dodgers' traditional notch on top of it.

5669406721_eba1ae33f6_o.jpg

Same logo, only now one has an outline and the other a hole.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty confident saying that the Dodgers never actually that logo.

The "B" in that logo dates to the mid-1950s Dodgers, but didn't have the triangular cutout notch. And they didn't use a diamond.

That looks like a bad modern recreation.

It's listed as their 1911-13 logo.

Yes, I know.

But with all respect to Chris, that doesn't make it so.

In fact, of the thirteen logos listed on his Brooklyn Dodgers page, almost all are mislabeled or incorrect.

Two are modern designs.

681.gifhjftctge6oklegfg4dnh90nei.gif

One was cut out of a pennant.

y6fu0n275gl4foev6tun.gif

Another was copied off a baseball card, and mistakenly incorporates the Topps background as part of the logo:

2910.gif

Several use the wrong "B":

6152.gif6151.giffg8ktecbez4zhqe9abr6x2yk7.gifu8p4zxhiep08twlfgigpppyqe.gif

Another uses what appears to be the correct "B", but in the wrong color (1937 was the short-lived era of kelly green):

6149.gif

Of the thirteen logos listed on his Brooklyn Dodgers page, almost all are mislabeled or incorrect.

There's a ton of misinformation out there, and the case isn't helped by MLB's inaccurate Cooperstown Collection style guidelines.

If you can provide some more detailed and correct information, I'd be glad to change it on the mothership.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Sounds like this needs a new thread. It's near the end of the day, perhaps tomorrow.

But we start with combining the "Brooklyn Robins", "Brooklyn Dodgers" and "Brooklyn Superbas" pages? It was all the same team, and the nicknames were unofficial and fluctuating at the time (what, no "Bridegrooms"?).

What changes are the Padres making this year? It was mentioned in another thread and I don't feel like searching through 111 pages to find out.

Dumping sand completely is almost certain which means modified home and Alternate 1 jersey. Possibly changing the "shampoo" script to the old PCL script is a strong possibility. The "home plate" logo has likely been eliminated completely (it had already been relegated to secondary status this year).

Dodger Stadium anniversary logo

dodgers50thlogopatch.JPG

dodgers past few patches have been really great. especially the "55 since 55" one. i really like this and im guessing they will wear it since they wore anniversary patches in 2008 and 2010

Like!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Looks like the Padres will be unveiling their new uniforms next week. New GM Josh Byrnes let it slip during an interview with the local paper. The paper's quote was, "The Padres will unveil their new uniforms in the next week. A club official said they represent "an evolution and not a revolution." The "bring back the brown" faction will be disappointed. While the colors remain basically the same, the look will be more traditional with bolder numbering, lettering and trim."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/02/byrnes-studying-front-office-candidates-roster-fir/

Looks like the "PCL" style Padres logo rumors will turn out to be essentially true. Great overall choice by the Pads if this does in fact turn out to be their new uniform (in the modern colors).

46430a_lg.jpeg

I'm impressed that there's enough demand for the brown that they acknowledged it.

Maybe next revision, in about five years.

Oh they acknowledge it in the paper all the time. But there's not much actual demand for it beyond a small group who meets at a taco shop outside right field. And of course a few folks on here. Most people I think are quite happy to have brown stay where it belongs, in the past. And it looks like that's what Moorad favors as well.

Or it could be like the Brewers, where a significant percentage of the fans (in Milwaukee's case, a likely outright majority) like the old scheme, but the team won't adopt it because they're happy selling tchotchkes both old-school and new.

Dodger Stadium anniversary logo

dodgers50thlogopatch.JPG

dodgers past few patches have been really great. especially the "55 since 55" one. i really like this and im guessing they will wear it since they wore anniversary patches in 2008 and 2010

It's a fantastic logo, but I'm not sure how it'll work as a patch.

I think sleeve patches are best when vertically aligned, or even roughly square. Horizontal logos don't always look best on a sleeve, which is longer than it is wide.

Archived