2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Cavaliers:

I beseech you. I need for amazing(ly futile) to happen for two more games...so that my Buccaneers can officially get off the schneid.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So now Chris Boussard is reporting that the Lakers have shown interest in Carmelo, apparently with Andrew Bynum being part of the deal.

funny-pictures-cat-scared-sink-water1.jpg

Can't the Lakers have just one underachieving season for a change?! :angered: :angered: :angered:

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're not even having an underachieving season now. They're still one of the five best teams in the league with a team of thirtysomethings. There's something to be said for that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well Chris Broussard just told me that the Nuggets, Knicks, and Timberwolves are working on a three way deal where the Knicks get Carmelo, the Nuggets get Chandler and Brewer, and the T-wolves get like Curry and someone else.

Yeeeeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it, for three reasons:

1. How many times have we heard that the Knicks or Nets have been "so close" to a specific trade for Melo before it either breaks down or isn't mentioned again? I've never seen anything like it.

2. Chris Broussard is the same reporter who changed his mind five times a day on which team LeBron was "definitely" going to last summer, just so he'd always be right. I can't trust a word that comes out of that guy's mouth.

3. I find it hard to believe that any team - even the Timberwolves - wants Fat Eddy and his baggage. He may be an expiring contract but he's also a team-wrecker and a distraction - the last thing a rebuilding team like the T-Wolves needs.

When I first read the story, I had to read it twice..."no, it did not say the Wolves would be giving up their first round pick, did it?" Yes it did. Could someone who follows the NBA explain to me why the wolves would give up a first round pick and Corey Brewer for an expiring contract and Randolph? What are they going to do with the expiring contract. No free agent will sign here anyway given that we have the worst weather in the league, coupled with the poorest-run team in sports. A lottery pick...am I wrong, or are the Timberwuss just trading for the sake of trading? Someone tell my why this is not monumentally stupid.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So now Chris Boussard is reporting that the Lakers have shown interest in Carmelo, apparently with Andrew Bynum being part of the deal.

funny-pictures-cat-scared-sink-water1.jpg

Can't the Lakers have just one underachieving season for a change?! :angered: :angered: :angered:

Took the OH HELL NO right out of my mouth. Ugh, if this goes through, it's not going to be pretty. I'm not looking forward to my facebook page getting flooded with every one of Utah's uber-bandwagon Laker fans' obligatory "OMGZ THREEPEET!! LAKESHOW AHH!!111!!" status update. <_<

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If Carmelo goes to the Lakers and Denver doesn't get at least Gasol, I'll be just about done with the NBA. It'll be no better than Major League Baseball, with three loaded up teams and 27 squads who don't have a friggin' prayer. Unless your team plays in Miami, Boston or for the Lakers, you might as well not waste your time.

6uXNWAo.png

If Carmelo goes to the Lakers and Denver doesn't get at least Gasol, I'll be just about done with the NBA. It'll be no better than Major League Baseball, with three loaded up teams and 27 squads who don't have a friggin' prayer. Unless your team plays in Miami, Boston or for the Lakers, you might as well not waste your time.

Is it just me or is the NBA is already there?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Add the Spurs to the list & we're seriously already there. Nobody outside of those 4 has a shot this year. The rest of the league is entertainment.

Add the Spurs to the list & we're seriously already there. Nobody outside of those 4 has a shot this year. The rest of the league is entertainment.

This.

As a fan of one of the "outsiders", I can't tell you how frustrating it is, exerting so much belief that this could be "the year", but knowing full-well that one of the elites will cream you in the end. I think those four will be the final four standing in the playoffs, and the rest of the league will have been absolutely anihilated up to that point. I could see Dallas making things interesting, but I just can't see them getting by San Antonio or the Lakers in a seven-game series, unfortunately.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Such is the nature of basketball, though. It's not a game that necessitates, and thus rewards, deep rosters. Let's do the math. In your everyday NBA game, your best player is one of five players on the floor, and plays about 40 minutes of a possible 48. Your #1 center on a hockey team will play, at most, about 25 of 60 minutes. Your #1 D will play at most, about 32. Additionally, you have an extra position involved capable of changing the entire calculus of the game. Your ace pitcher plays one of every five games, and your #3 hitter comes to the plate maybe five times out of 45. Your best football player on either side of the ball is one of eleven for half the game. Just from crunching the numbers, the only sport where one person can have more of an impact on the game he's playing is tennis, at 100%. That's just how it is. There's no way around it. Teams with dominating players dominate. The only time this wasn't the case was that stretch of the 1970s where the whole NBA was on blow, and blew.

I will say, however, that expansion has been a severe problem for a league that doesn't--and again, possibly by the nature of it, cannot--evenly disperse its talent. I'm less troubled by Lakers-Celtics-Heat hegemony than I am by the long-term worthlessness at the other end of the spectrum. It can be frustrating to follow a 3-7 seed team like the Bulls, Jazz, Nuggets, or Trail Blazers, where you feel like you're going to forever spin your wheels as a first-round out, but I can't imagine having to follow a team like the Timberwolves that's just this bereft for this long with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel. How do you bother? What net good, if you'll pardon the expression, comes from having the Timberwolves anymore?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Two things:

1) If the Lakers can finally be rid of this Andrew Bynum nonsense and add Carmelo in the process, for God's sake Mitch, PULL THE TRIGGER. Fisher/Kobe/Melo/Odom/Pau as your 5? Artest off the bench as a defense/rebounding sub? It'd be perfect. And plus Melo might fit into the triangle better than Artest, because he can sink more than his fair share of baskets. And while the Melo/Kobe thing is similar to the LeBron/Wade thing, I think Melo understands that Kobe is the alpha dog and that Kobe runs the show on that team. And even then, I think Melo would play nice for a title. Who knows if Melo would resign or not, but if not, losing Bynum isn't a big deal, and this is the last run with Phil anyways...

2) I find it hilarious that #lasttimethecavswon jokes are the 2nd trending topic on Twitter right now. That's awesome.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well, now I think we all know why the Knicks have been pushing trades so hard instead of waiting for the offseason to get Melo.

Anyway, Melo going to the Lakers would not be good for the league, as pretty much every superstar in the league will be concentrated on four franchises. If I ran one of the other NBA teams besides the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, and Spurs, I'd be up at all my fellow "outsider" owners with the idea to secede and form our own league. The idea of only a four-team league would probably make Stern crap his drawers and take action.

Also, in the homer aspect, it would not be good for the Clippers. This puts even more pressure on Olshey to make a big move of his own at the deadline.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Also, in the homer aspect, it would not be good for the Clippers. This puts even more pressure on Olshey to make a big move of his own at the deadline.

How so?

Any move they make wouldn't be for this season. If anything, don't the Clippers want to keep this group intact and possibly go after Melo in the offseason?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived