2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to support Vinny Del Negro this season, but he needs to go. I've had it with his horrible substitutions, his terrible clock management, his love of the three-guard lineup, and his bizarre post-time out plays. Whatever he's saying at halftime isn't working, as the team ALWAYS starts out the second half slow. Losing back-to-back games against two of the sorriest teams in the league is just the icing on the cake. Olshey and Sterling, PLEASE fire Del Negro and do what you should have done this summer: hire Dwayne Casey.

Between this and his "fire Norv and AJ rants, I think Lights Out really has a shot at Tank's single season record for "fire (insert name here)" posts.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I tried to support Vinny Del Negro this season, but he needs to go. I've had it with his horrible substitutions, his terrible clock management, his love of the three-guard lineup, and his bizarre post-time out plays. Whatever he's saying at halftime isn't working, as the team ALWAYS starts out the second half slow. Losing back-to-back games against two of the sorriest teams in the league is just the icing on the cake. Olshey and Sterling, PLEASE fire Del Negro and do what you should have done this summer: hire Dwayne Casey.

Between this and his "fire Norv and AJ rants, I think Lights Out really has a shot at Tank's single season record for "fire (insert name here)" posts.

Well, he is a Clippers and Chargers fan, so perhaps it should be excused/expected.

Well, he is a Clippers and Chargers fan, so perhaps it should be excused/expected.

Or ignored. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Don't give me the whole "It's the Clippers" crap. This mess of a roadtrip has nothing to do with the name on the front of the jersey and everything to do with injuries and indefensibly-bad coaching. You can't really blame Sterling for either one of those.

Sterling hired Del Negro. That's a problem.

Except Sterling thought he was getting a coach that took the Bulls to back-to-back playoff appearances and could develop young talent. He wasn't expecting that guy to be replaced by someone who could get outcoached by a trained chimp.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

First it starts with the Fire ________ posts, next he'll start the Happy Birthday .gif in every birthday threads, next thing you know he'll be at 30,000 posts before we hit our next thousand

First it starts with the Fire ________ posts, next he'll start the Happy Birthday .gif in every birthday threads, next thing you know he'll be at 30,000 posts before we hit our next thousand

Correct.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Don't give me the whole "It's the Clippers" crap. This mess of a roadtrip has nothing to do with the name on the front of the jersey and everything to do with injuries and indefensibly-bad coaching. You can't really blame Sterling for either one of those.

Sterling hired Del Negro. That's a problem.

Except Sterling thought he was getting a coach that took the Bulls to back-to-back playoff appearances and could develop young talent. He wasn't expecting that guy to be replaced by someone who could get outcoached by a trained chimp.

Sterling's unwillingness to do research is not a defense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So the Lakers got demolished by the Bobcats. Huh.

No surprise there; the Bobcats have had the Lakers' number through the years.

Elsewhere, if you're a Laker fan, here's a bit for news for y'all: they're launching their own regional sports networks (each in English and Spanish) starting in the 2012-13 season, through a partnership with Time Warner Cable (which controls at least 70 percent of the cable households in Southern California). On a side note, the Dodgers have also been in talks with TWC for a broadcast rights deal, and chances are they'll probably join the Lakers in this new venture.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/463936-Time_Warner_Scores_L_A_Lakers_Regional_Sports_Network_Rights_.php

State of the (Clipper) Nation: That fourth quarter tonight was a disgrace. This team is already starting to quit on VDN just like they quit on Dunleavy. Pretty sure Casey would have the team playing better and more motivated right now, plus he actually understands X's and O's and how to draw up good plays.

As someone who follows the Clips like you, I wouldn't be quick to blame to Del Negro for this latest funk...they've been awful since Eric Gordon got hurt (they're now 3-9 since without him), not to mention there's been a lack of quality depth all season. I put the blame on that squarely on Neil Olshey. As much as I would to see the Clippers win, these February road-trips are always season-killers, therefore, there's no surprise with the way they've been playing. Besides the inconsistency of the rookies and the guys they picked up in free agency, even Blake Griffin is starting to look ordinary now; because of Gordon's absence, he's taken on more of the responsibility on offense, but his efficiency has suffered.

No surprise there; the Bobcats have had the Lakers' number through the years.

Elsewhere, if you're a Laker fan, here's a bit for news for y'all: they're launching their own regional sports networks (each in English and Spanish) starting in the 2012-13 season, through a partnership with Time Warner Cable (which controls at least 70 percent of the cable households in Southern California). On a side note, the Dodgers have also been in talks with TWC for a broadcast rights deal, and chances are they'll probably join the Lakers in this new venture.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/463936-Time_Warner_Scores_L_A_Lakers_Regional_Sports_Network_Rights_.php

The way you worded it mentioning TWC market share, I thought this would be an exclusive network, and thus blocking me out in South OC with Cox. But thankfully, "The as-yet-named networks will be available to all satellite, cable and telco distributors in Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii. In addition to Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications and Cox Communications own cable systems in Southern California, which also has significant DBS penetration via DirecTV and Dish Network, plus telco AT&T U-verse."

There is great potential for this network to succeed, but like the article mentions it's all about the supplemental programming around the games. And if your guess is right and the Dodgers do join in that'd be helpful in that regard. And if they do get the Lakers and Dodgers, there are plenty of avenues for that supplemental stuff.

I'm interested to see how this all goes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So if Lakervision starts up and they take the Dodgers with them for summer programming, does that pretty much spell the end of Prime Ticket? They'd be able to handle conflicts with a simple gametime overflow like most RSNs do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So if Lakervision starts up and they take the Dodgers with them for summer programming, does that pretty much spell the end of Prime Ticket? They'd be able to handle conflicts with a simple gametime overflow like most RSNs do.

I think the latter will most likely happen, because they'll still have the Angels, Clippers, Ducks, Galaxy, Chivas USA, the local colleges and national programming from Fox Sports Net. Let's not forget that Fox Sports Net still needs to maintain a presence in the Los Angeles/Southern California market, especially since it's their home base.

If anything, you'll probably see more Clipper and Ducks telecasts shuffle over to Fox Sports West to make up for the 35-or-so game nights lost by the Lakers. Similar to how the Magic balances out their local TV schedule between Fox Sports Florida (road games) and Sun Sports (home), I can see the Clippers going with that same scenario. Also, all the local teams mentioned except for the Clips and Galaxy still have over-the-air coverage, it wouldn't be much use for an part-time overflow channel; On DirecTV, they have an overflow channel for Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket, but it's never been in use.

With the Lakers leaving local over-the-air television (after 35 years on KCAL by 2012), the only teams left with over-the-air telecasts will be the Bulls, Blazers, Timberwolves, Suns, and the Texas teams, although things can change between now and 2012-13.

The Bobcats have owned the Lakers in recent years. I think they've won something like 8 of the last 10.

Archived