2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

It's weird, I can't even remember the last time that the Lakers won in Charlotte...yet & still, lol @ getting blown out by the Bobcats. You know it was a whole bunch of mad people at that arena last night. :lol: I know I can't say anything considering my team got embarrassed by them as well, but damn.

Β 

Β 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word on the twitturzzz is that the Nets have had a better W-L record than the Knicks over the past 3 weeks, which shocked the hell out of me. I forget if I said this on here or twitter, but yeah, that Knicks team is only gonna go as far as Amare carries them. When Amare was playing out of his mind at a MVP level back in December, the Knicks could beat anybody in the league. Now that he's back to "normal" (which is still pretty damn good, one of the top C/Fs in the NBA), the Knicks have tapered off a bit. Of course, this only confirms that the Knicks are one piece away from jumping into contention, but it also confirms that they aren't there like we thought they were back in December.

The Knicks are undefeated when Amare doesn't play.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Word on the twitturzzz is that the Nets have had a better W-L record than the Knicks over the past 3 weeks, which shocked the hell out of me. I forget if I said this on here or twitter, but yeah, that Knicks team is only gonna go as far as Amare carries them. When Amare was playing out of his mind at a MVP level back in December, the Knicks could beat anybody in the league. Now that he's back to "normal" (which is still pretty damn good, one of the top C/Fs in the NBA), the Knicks have tapered off a bit. Of course, this only confirms that the Knicks are one piece away from jumping into contention, but it also confirms that they aren't there like we thought they were back in December.

The Knicks are undefeated when Amare doesn't play.

Yeah, so they're clearly better off without him. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Ahh, two straight dropped games to the Suns for the Jazz after leading at halftime, and this last one was a heartbreaker. I think we've gone 4-12 the past 16 games, but my frustration has actually settled down. As a fan, I want to give Ty Corbin all the time he needs to get this team in the right direction, and though they were losses, both of his first two games has shown loads of promise. I'm not willing to say at this moment that Ty is doing better things with the gameplan than Jerry was, but I loved him starting Heyward last night. The kid brings alot of energy and hustle to the floor, which the Jazz desperately need. And, when he gets on a roll, the kid can really score (5/5, 14 pts last Friday for example). Ty could have started CJ Miles (which wouldn't have necessarily a bad thing), but I like what Heyward brings to the court, and hope to see more and more of him.

The best part of his coaching though, is how he handled a depleted four-man bench. With a team with as much depth as the Suns, they should have ran all over us. But, Ty handled the situation he had phenomenally and instead, we fell within one. He's had alot to deal with the past week and this is one of his most pressing problems he's had to face, especially with Kirilenko out. But, I thought he handled it better than anyone could have asked him, which also goes for his entire situation of suddenly being asked to run the team.

Kevin O' Connor has already stated that he hopes Ty "stays 23 years like Jerry did" (on Jim Rome), and I certainly like the thought of that. I've pretty much conceded at this point that this is going to be a building year from here on out, and I'm setting the sights on next year and beyond. With what I've seen so far from Ty, he's going to send the Jazz in the right direction, and I have no doubts whatsoever in that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Not sure if it has been mentioned her but an investor from BC is looking to bring the Hornets to Vancouver per TSN.CA

Not just any investor - Francesco Aquilani, who is the chairman of Canuck Sports and Entertainment.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=354073

Meanwhile, Chris Bosh makes his return to Toronto tonight. I doubt he'll be as vilified as Vince Carter was, but it could get a little nasty.

Ahh, two straight dropped games to the Suns for the Jazz after leading at halftime, and this last one was a heartbreaker. I think we've gone 4-12 the past 16 games, but my frustration has actually settled down. As a fan, I want to give Ty Corbin all the time he needs to get this team in the right direction, and though they were losses, both of his first two games has shown loads of promise. I'm not willing to say at this moment that Ty is doing better things with the gameplan than Jerry was, but I loved him starting Heyward last night. The kid brings alot of energy and hustle to the floor, which the Jazz desperately need. And, when he gets on a roll, the kid can really score (5/5, 14 pts last Friday for example). Ty could have started CJ Miles (which wouldn't have necessarily a bad thing), but I like what Heyward brings to the court, and hope to see more and more of him.

The best part of his coaching though, is how he handled a depleted four-man bench. With a team with as much depth as the Suns, they should have ran all over us. But, Ty handled the situation he had phenomenally and instead, we fell within one. He's had alot to deal with the past week and this is one of his most pressing problems he's had to face, especially with Kirilenko out. But, I thought he handled it better than anyone could have asked him, which also goes for his entire situation of suddenly being asked to run the team.

Kevin O' Connor has already stated that he hopes Ty "stays 23 years like Jerry did" (on Jim Rome), and I certainly like the thought of that. I've pretty much conceded at this point that this is going to be a building year from here on out, and I'm setting the sights on next year and beyond. With what I've seen so far from Ty, he's going to send the Jazz in the right direction, and I have no doubts whatsoever in that.

I think that I can agree with just about everything you said except for that bolded statement. Right now, the Jazz still hold a playoff spot (albeit the 8th seed and only 1/2 game above #9 Memphis) pretty much going into the All-Star Break (after tonight). Losing by one to a good Phoenix team with just 9 players speaks volumes about the energy they brought last night; take away the iffy (no-)calls towards the end of the game, and the Jazz would probably have had a win.

Am I saying that this won't be a building year, and that the Jazz will be in the playoffs when the season ends? Of course not. But am I ready to throw in the towel on the season and give up? No.

Consider the last major transition year; the 2004-05 season was the Jazz's first season with Boozer, and the team ended with a 26-56 record (of course, this is mainly due to injuries as well, and what landed Deron Williams for Utah). This seems to be the transition year to end all transition years, and with injuries rearing their ugly head, yet the Jazz still hold a +.500-record and a playoff spot, so there's no reason to concede just yet. I heard Coach Corbin after last night's game say that if they play as hard as they did in Phoenix the team will turn a corner, and they will this season, to some extent.

Two good things (and about the only two) about Jerry quitting when he did is that

(1)--Utah has a coach that a few other teams would like to have in Ty Corbin, and

(2)--It happened before the All-Star Break, giving the team some chance to heal and get on one page collectively.

Even if the season does go to pot, it also gives valuable experience to the two rookies (Hayward and Evans, both of whom I feel are very underrated), and there's a chance at a lottery pick come draft time.

I will agree with you, though...I'm glad to have Ty Corbin as the head coach, and, provided that the team's core stays healthy, intact, and together past next year (if the lockout doesn't wipe it out), then the future looks pretty bright for the Utah Jazz.

Insert Signature Here?

Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

I think that I can agree with just about everything you said except for that bolded statement. Right now, the Jazz still hold a playoff spot (albeit the 8th seed and only 1/2 game above #9 Memphis) pretty much going into the All-Star Break (after tonight). Losing by one to a good Phoenix team with just 9 players speaks volumes about the energy they brought last night; take away the iffy (no-)calls towards the end of the game, and the Jazz would probably have had a win.

Am I saying that this won't be a building year, and that the Jazz will be in the playoffs when the season ends? Of course not. But am I ready to throw in the towel on the season and give up? No.

Consider the last major transition year; the 2004-05 season was the Jazz's first season with Boozer, and the team ended with a 26-56 record (of course, this is mainly due to injuries as well, and what landed Deron Williams for Utah). This seems to be the transition year to end all transition years, and with injuries rearing their ugly head, yet the Jazz still hold a +.500-record and a playoff spot, so there's no reason to concede just yet. I heard Coach Corbin after last night's game say that if they play as hard as they did in Phoenix the team will turn a corner, and they will this season, to some extent.

Two good things (and about the only two) about Jerry quitting when he did is that

(1)--Utah has a coach that a few other teams would like to have in Ty Corbin, and

(2)--It happened before the All-Star Break, giving the team some chance to heal and get on one page collectively.

Even if the season does go to pot, it also gives valuable experience to the two rookies (Hayward and Evans, both of whom I feel are very underrated), and there's a chance at a lottery pick come draft time.

I will agree with you, though...I'm glad to have Ty Corbin as the head coach, and, provided that the team's core stays healthy, intact, and together past next year (if the lockout doesn't wipe it out), then the future looks pretty bright for the Utah Jazz.

Perhaps conceding wasn't the word I should have used :P I'm certainly not giving up on them and I agree with what you're saying, but what I meant to say was I won't be thouroughly distraught or hopeless if the Jazz don't make the playoffs this time around. I mean, of course I'll be bummed, but I think if they miss it this year, they're going to come right back the next. This upcoming time left on the season will help Ty grow as a coach and the team to turn it's ship around, so I'm not someone who's screaming "FAILURE!" if we don't make it. Whether or not we we make it, as you said the experience will be beneficial to the team and especially to the rookies. I agreed that Heyward and Evans are underrated, and an experience like this I hope will help them grow and will contribute to them fulfilling thier potential. Both hustle and play hard, and both fit the Jazzball style well.

So I'm not saying I'm giving up at all, I'm just saying that this next half season will certainly be a building experience and that I don't mind it being so. I'd love a ring this year, but realistically speaking, the right growth now towards future winning is still a success, especially given the circumstances. :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow the last time they met the Lakers won by 55 and today the Cavs win. I can understand the Lakers not taking these regular season games seriously, but come on man this is a joke. They should really be ashamed of themselves.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived