2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Knicks matter again, I can see them in the second round but they need more to further.

Damn I was hoping he would become the foundation for the Nets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, he's gone...from the Northwest Division, anyways. That's one thing that cheers up this otherwise dissapointed Utah Jazz fan (at this point).

Without a doubt the weakest division in basketball.

Without a doubt? Really? Yes the Melo deal drops the Nuggets significantly, but if you discount the Nuggets, that's still 3 playoff teams as of now and 3 teams above .500. The Pacific and Central have 2 winning teams combined. Yes those two teams are the Lakers and Bulls, but those are one team divisions. Explain to me how the Northwest is weaker.

Well, he's gone...from the Northwest Division, anyways. That's one thing that cheers up this otherwise dissapointed Utah Jazz fan (at this point).

Without a doubt the weakest division in basketball.

Without a doubt? Really? Yes the Melo deal drops the Nuggets significantly, but if you discount the Nuggets, that's still 3 playoff teams as of now and 3 teams above .500. The Pacific and Central have 2 winning teams combined. Yes those two teams are the Lakers and Bulls, but those are one team divisions. Explain to me how the Northwest is weaker.

Agreed. I guess I would say that overall the NW division is probably the 3rd or 4th best, without doing any real math or number-crunching. Maybe even second-best, that may be a stretch though.

I think doesn't get as much attention or hype because of low-profile/smaller cities in it. Teams like OKC and POR seem to go under the radar depsite being 4 and 5 in the conference standings right now.

I would say the worst is the Central. Take away Chicago from that group and all that remains is :censored:.

The Pacific is bad too, but at least even the bad teams in that division seem to have some talented/highlight-reel players. Can't really say that about any non-Chicago Central Division team.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I just realy don't think this makes the Knicks better, especially not for the future. Kinda scratching my head here. I mean, Ray Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, K-Mart, Nene, Afflalo is just as threatening as Billups-Melo-Amare and 9 no-namers

Agreed, I really don't like this team now. I'm fine giving up Felton and Chandler, but Gallo was just too much.

So, you want Carmelo, but when the team gets him, you're STILL unhappy? GTFO.

Yep, that's how it is...it's all about the chase for a lot of folks. Plus, "fans" always need something to bitch about and/or hate on.

This was a big gamble for the Knicks, but let's not act like they gave up 4/5ths of a juggernaut. They were a .500 team in a wack ass watered down Eastern Conference. Big f'ing deal. If it doesn't work out, Knicks fans will still blame Isiah Thomas.

More moves to come though. I heard on ESPN Radio that the Nuggets could be looking to shop any of the former Knicks, J.R. Smith or even Nene. Interesting.

Really, honestly, this doesn't seem a bad deal to me, from the Knicks point of view. The make weights they got in return might not be as good as those they gave up, but does anyone really want to make a case that Melo for Gallinari is a bad move? And they aren't gonna have a lot of contracts hanging over them beyond 2012-13 beyond Amare and Melo. And with CBA uncertainty around, the Knicks don't seem to be in a bad position.

And again it's a small move for the East to look a stronger conference. Bearing in mind that 5-10 years ago suggesting an eastern team might win the title was a stretch, you've got the Magic, Celtics, Heat, Bulls and Knicks now, who are all capable of making a run. (Note that's 5 teams, someone isn't gonna be happy after the first round of the playoffs!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So Knicks fans... in 2012... D-Will or CP3?

I wouldn't care if either one came. D-Will already said he wanted to come, and I think CP3 did also. Paul might be a better fit because I've always seen him as more of a passer, and not as much of a scorer.

Neither.

I think they're boned for cap space now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know the Knicks are already taking notes on what's going on down in Miami. If the Heat turn out to be successful and win a title, you know the Knicks wouldn't hesitate to gut their team ala Miami last summer and just win using their own "Big 3". And name one superstar point guard WOULDN'T want to play alongside Melo and Amare, regardless of what other talent is around? Do you think Chris Paul wants to be in New Orleans forever, or Deron Williams is enjoying the bright lights of Salt Lake City?

6uXNWAo.png

Neither.

Well they just got rid of Curry so that helps.

You know the Knicks are taking notes on what's going on down in Miami. If the Heat turn out to be successful and win a title, you know the Knicks wouldn't hesitate to gut their team ala Miami last summer and just win using their own "Big 3". And name one superstar point guard WOULDN'T want to play alongside Melo and Amare, regardless of what other talent is around?

Agreed, I'm looking forward to some Heat-Knicks match ups at the Garden in a few years. Amare, Melo, and D-Will/CP3, vs Lebron, Wade, Bosh. Just like old times. Any news on a press conference yet?

Neither.

You know the Knicks are taking notes on what's going on down in Miami. If the Heat turn out to be successful and win a title, you know the Knicks wouldn't hesitate to gut their team ala Miami last summer and just win using their own "Big 3". And name one superstar point guard WOULDN'T want to play alongside Melo and Amare, regardless of what other talent is around?

Agreed, I'm looking forward to some Heat-Knicks match ups at the Garden in a few years. Amare, Melo, and D-Will/CP3, vs Lebron, Wade, Bosh. Just like old times. Any news on a press conference yet?

Ooh...so that means fans will tune in/go to those games only to see WWF Raw break out??? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Neither.

Ooh...so that means fans will tune in/go to those games only to see WWF Raw break out??? :P

I could definitely see Pat Riley coming back for that...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Paging Starchild!

I love this trade. I can finally root for my man Wilson Chandler guilt-free, the Knicks are a juggernaut but can't play defense anymore and gave up a truckload of assets (so the C's should be able to take them this year at least, before they become the Heat redux), and, frankly, watching the NBA is more fun when they're good. It sucks for the "little guys," but I think these super-teams are much more exciting to follow. Plus, you know Spike Lee approves because Landry stayed.

Neither.

This assumes the new CBA won't drop (and solidify) the cap ceiling. By a lot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just realy don't think this makes the Knicks better, especially not for the future. Kinda scratching my head here. I mean, Ray Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, K-Mart, Nene, Afflalo is just as threatening as Billups-Melo-Amare and 9 no-namers

Agreed, I really don't like this team now. I'm fine giving up Felton and Chandler, but Gallo was just too much.

He sounds a lot like a certain Mets fan on these boards. Must be a NY/NJ thing.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I wouldn't care if either one came. D-Will already said he wanted to come, and I think CP3 did also. Paul might be a better fit because I've always seen him as more of a passer, and not as much of a scorer.

I don't think D-Will himself said that he wanted to come to New York...yet. Some reporter (I don't remember who) said that "someone close to Deron Williams" said that he'd like to play for the Knicks. Williams himself pretty much said that he'd be the one to say that he would go to the Knicks if he wanted to. There's still a good chance he leaves Utah after next season, but at this rate, I don't expect him to go until then. Of course, that's just my opinion, and I haven't heard anything else.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think D-Will himself said that he wanted to come to New York...yet. Some reporter (I don't remember who) said that "someone close to Deron Williams" said that he'd like to play for the Knicks. Williams himself pretty much said that he'd be the one to say that he would go to the Knicks if he wanted to. There's still a good chance he leaves Utah after next season, but at this rate, I don't expect him to go until then. Of course, that's just my opinion, and I haven't heard anything else.

If Deron Williams is able to cut down the Utah State Lamdmark that was Jerry Sloan, you better believe that he's got it in him to hold the Jazz franchise hostage and force a trade to New York, ala Carmelo.

6uXNWAo.png

He sounds a lot like a certain Mets fan on these boards. Must be a NY/NJ thing.

Trust me it is.

If Deron Williams is able to run off that Utah State Lamdmark, Jerry Sloan, you better believe that he's got it in him to force a trade to New York.

But that's the thing--I really don't think he was the one to push Jerry Sloan out; it would have been management to have done so. Sloan's had more heated arguments with players in the past (Karl Malone, etc.) and never backed down or took BS from his players. Granted, Sloan's older now than he was then, but I don't think one player was the sole reason why he walked out the door.

The CEO (Owner?), Greg Miller, said that he didn't push Jerry out, but he also said a year or two ago that no roster moves would be made unless it improved the Jazz. What happens? They trade the likes of up and coming rookie Eric Maynor and Ronnie Brewer, who was one of the most defensive players on the team, to Memphis for late-round draft picks, which, under the Sloan system, amounted to little. I wouldn't be too surprised if, sometime after the Chicago loss and Sloan's resignation the following day, that either the Millers or GM Kevin O'Connor said something along the lines of "Do you think it's time, Jerry?"

I don't really doubt the intentions of the Miller family in that they want to follow in Larry's footsteps and keep the Jazz as competitive as possible on a year-in, year-out basis, but so far, their way of doing business compared to Larry's has been far off, and the organization since Sloan's resignation seems as transparent as tinted windows on an SUV after getting back from a drive through the nearby clay flats after a rainstorm.*

*(Maybe not the best analogy, but I hope most of you get the jist of it.)

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived