Rebranding the NHL

JackFr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the ducks set. The thrashers are ok, not stunning but a definite upgrade from what they have now. My only real problem with both of them is that you forgot the TV numbers which I think would make me like them more because it would fill up some of the empty space thats there.

But all in all I really hope you continue with this concept. And please when you get to a "classic team" or as some would call them "untouchable" make changes b/c nothing thrills me more than to see my Red Wings with a crazy alternate or something

For your jerseys, you may want to consider navy blue numbers on both uniforms. I think the contrast would help, and it'd match better with the logo, shoulder yokes and the sleeve cuffs.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely Option 2. Option 1 reminds me of the '90s Penguins.

100% what I was thinking. I actually like the look of Option #1 better, but it says Penguins. Option #2 is much more Bruins.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 4 months later...

I finished this, and figured that this was the best place to put it.

#3. New York Islanders

This was all about modernization. I wanted a concept that respected the franchise's past while moving it forward into a new era with Tavares, Grabner, MacDonald, and their stunning young core. the "4 stripes" motif is still present in the logos, and the team's basic colours remains essentially the same. I chose navy instead of royal blue because the Islanders are in a conference with one navy blue team and 4 other brighter blue teams. I wanted to balance it out more. The logo is a reimagining of the classic logo, removing the complicated Long Island silhouette (busy state outlines have no place in a modern logo IMO). I narrowed it down to Circle + NY, and Island + NY, and circle won.

NewYorkIslanders4Vector2.png

NewYorkIslanders5vector.png

IslandersJerseys.png

C&C please.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

I finished this, and figured that this was the best place to put it.

#3. New York Islanders

This was all about modernization. I wanted a concept that respected the franchise's past while moving it forward into a new era with Tavares, Grabner, MacDonald, and their stunning young core. the "4 stripes" motif is still present in the logos, and the team's basic colours remains essentially the same. I chose navy instead of royal blue because the Islanders are in a conference with one navy blue team and 4 other brighter blue teams. I wanted to balance it out more. The logo is a reimagining of the classic logo, removing the complicated Long Island silhouette (busy state outlines have no place in a modern logo IMO). I narrowed it down to Circle + NY, and Island + NY, and circle won.

NewYorkIslanders4Vector2.png

NewYorkIslanders5vector.png

IslandersJerseys.png

C&C please.

Reminds me way too much of GhettoFarmBoys Isles concepts.

preview1copyqr2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

espnsignq8.png

Reminds me way too much of GhettoFarmBoys Isles concepts.

My thoughts exactly.

Shoot. Definitely not an intentional rip-off, but I can see how the logos' themes are similar. Do you think I should try out an island in the logo to distance it from GFB's?

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

What program are you using? The logo quality is stellar, but the on the jerseys they're all pixelated.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived