Oregon Ducks football concept

gordie_delini

In honor of the Ducks celebrating their first 9-0 start ever, I've put together this throwback concept for UO. Thanks to Andrew and his superb football template!

I based the design off of Oregon's 1925 uniforms, and using Nike's Vault design for the logo. The text on the inside of the collar reads "Mens Agitat Molem" which translates from Latin as "Minds move mountains", the University of Oregon motto.

Here's the inspiration:

player_1925.jpg

And my design:

Oregon-Throwback-concept.png

Detail shots:

Picture2-33.png

Picture1-49.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I like it a lot. I think I still prefer the other 'UO' logo to this one (though I think this one could be improved with a few minor stylistic changes). You should also pull that helmet stripe above the gradient on the helmet. It gets a little muddy when it's underneath the green like that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Oh my. This is one of the best Oregon concepts I've ever seen. I think the one suggestion I'd have is to use the other "UO" logo that's been used in the school's history, but even so, I really do like the one you have here. This whole thing was put together very well, and I wouldn't be opposed at all to them wearing something like this full-time. Excellent work, one of my favorite concepts I've seen on these boards!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sheesh! The Ducks have so many uniform designs, it's making me dizzy!! Why can't they just stick to ONE design instead of having 6 or more helmet/uniform combination?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Those are really nice man, I also love tame designs on this template. And I actually like the logo on the helmet. These are throwbacks to 1925, so I'm sure the classic UO logo wasn't in use then.

And what font did you use for the NOB...it looks a lot like the one Nike actually uses.

Those are really nice man, I also love tame designs on this template. And I actually like the logo on the helmet. These are throwbacks to 1925, so I'm sure the classic UO logo wasn't in use then.

And what font did you use for the NOB...it looks a lot like the one Nike actually uses.

Thanks man, that's exactly what I was thinking in going with this logo. And that NOB font is Swiss 911 Ultra Condensed. I tried to go as close to I could to what Nike actually uses for their NOBs.

And thanks to everyone else for the kind words!

OD_Signature.jpg

Sheesh! The Ducks have so many uniform designs, it's making me dizzy!! Why can't they just stick to ONE design instead of having 6 or more helmet/uniform combination?

So you're 92 posts and 4 years in, I know, but welcome to the boards. ^_^

EDIT: I should comment on the topic at hand. Love this concept. Would be interested to see it on the field. I've gotten so used to Oregon's uniform insanity that I think would be more of a shock to my system to see THIS than anything else they can unveil.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I love it. Great classic design and color scheme.

I doubt Oregon would use it though. Not flamboyant enough. They did use their '95 Rose Bowl uniforms once as a throwback, so it's not completely impossible. Those looked better than the current crap too.

87Redskins.png

Archived