Dear NBA Hardwood Classics,.....

rmackman

Green is my favorite color - those things make my butt and junk moist all over!

You've been good for about one of these a month lately. We really should all chip in and buy you a hooker at this point.

Anyway, the Bucks' Irish Rainbows were never a favorite of mine growing up. Maybe that's because standard-def video of the day didn't show the contrast in greens very well - I always thought the wordmark and numbers were single-color. It might also have something to do with the Bucks being one of the Bulls' chief rivals during the late '80s. Damn you, Brad Lohaus and Frank Brickowski.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might be a medical problem wholly unrelated to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Anyway, I don't like these that much. They're hardly the worst from either their team or their time period, but not the best either, which is as good a description of the Milwaukee Bucks as any. The '80s striped garishness doesn't stand up to the rainbow Nugs, and nothing looks as good among the Bucks' various sets as the original forest green and red that Kareem wore.

As for the old Bucks logo, it's dated and silly, but that's not as bad as a deer in headlights. I'm not sure how you modernize such a thing, but there has to be a way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Green is my favorite color - those things make my butt and junk moist all over!

I never thought I'd regret posting a picture of a jersey. I guess there's a first time for everything.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Pretty sweet, but it's already been sold. I'll wait until they get a jersey in though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Anybody got a good pic of the version with the multi-greens down the side, but with the red numbers n lettering?

bucksbuckner.jpg

http://www.both-teams-played-hard.com

Nice, and I think they made a Moncrief "Soul Swingman" of this style at some point, but I'd prefer the all green look.

spacer.png

Anybody got a good pic of the version with the multi-greens down the side, but with the red numbers n lettering?

bucksbuckner.jpg

http://www.both-teams-played-hard.com

Nice, and I think they made a Moncrief "Soul Swingman" of this style at some point, but I'd prefer the all green look.

It was the '81-'85 version (with the smaller wordmark & numbers) that was made into a Swingman. It's apparently quite rare - I've only ever seen 1 for sale on ebay.

hardwood classics is not missing this jersey. one, it is a wholly beautiful uniform. two, it is only thought of that way because we all yearn for it. this is the basic problem with nostalgia. in the very ironic sense, the grass is always greener. if they did a throwback, the original would be diminished.

Somewhat related but, why have I never seen a nice high quality version of the Bucks old logo? The one on the site is really iffy looking.

Here's the Hardwood Classics version:

MilwaukeeBucks_PML1_1969-1993.png

Note: the Orange color was actually officially called Tan by the team.

Any differences between the Hardwood Classics and the original? The "B" looks a little different, but that could be my shoddy memory.

These Hardwood Classics files are shoddy at best, or just plain incorrect.

Once we get fully moved into our new home, I'll post a scan of the official logosheet from that era.

As for the old Bucks logo, it's dated and silly, but that's not as bad as a deer in headlights. I'm not sure how you modernize such a thing, but there has to be a way.

I've always thought there's a good idea for a logo in the alternate dear head logo they used on the shorts of their early uniforms.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=wujnleieta8olje5oejly27zr

Archived