Dear NBA Hardwood Classics,.....

rmackman

For Heaven's sake, why can't you create the one Bucks jersey everyone actually wants!!!

MilwaukeeBucksHardwoodClassic.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I'd want that version or the earlier one with the red trim, but yeah, that's pretty much my all-time favourite sports uniform. The Bucks had some pretty great teams whilst wearing those unis, too.

I've mulled over changing my username to "Irish Rainbow"... that should tell you something about how much I love this look. I prefer the double green version despite the history with the green & red, but I'd be happy no matter which version of the rainbows they brought back. No one cares about the current alt which is supposed to be a tribute to the 1971 unis despite being the wrong color and using the modern wordmark and numerals.

The ol' Irish Rainbow. it's a really unique throwback. I mean, who else uses two-tone green?

There were actually THREE shades of Green in those...Forest Green, Kelly Green and Lime.

Yes, those were great.

I found the Robertson and Day jerseys at Mears Online Auctions which is held in Milwaukee. They were both sold over a year ago though. I guess I'll just have to keep up with the site to see if any more "Irish Rainbow" jerseys are sold. I think each jersey went for about $500 though. It's so freakin' rare!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The tri-green Irish Rainbows were definitely my favorite NBA uniform from the past 30 years. I'd buy one in a hearbeat if they were released. That warmup jacket is pretty awesome, too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Gorgeous. I went out of my way to collect as many Bucks players' trading cards as I could when I was a kid just because I loved the uniforms so much (I probably still have them all somewhere).

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

What's awesome is that when the Bucks changed to their purple and green my grade school b-ball team was given the left over practice jerseys from that era. Sadly no "irish rainbows" but the two tones of green and that great Bucks wordmark. An alumni member was working as an intern with the team then, so that's how the deal got swung.

By the way....that is the BEST b-ball uniform in history. Not just cause I'm a homer, but because they looked sweet.

packchampionslfroh.png

What's awesome is that when the Bucks changed to their purple and green my grade school b-ball team was given the left over practice jerseys from that era. Sadly no "irish rainbows" but the two tones of green and that great Bucks wordmark. An alumni member was working as an intern with the team then, so that's how the deal got swung.

By the way....that is the BEST b-ball uniform in history. Not just cause I'm a homer, but because they looked sweet.

What would a grade school team do with NBA practice jerseys? Wear them as dressing gowns that reach their toes?

While I agree with Mockba that the logo's a joke, the two-tone green Bucks is definately in my top five uniforms in NBA history. I'd love to see them throw back to it some day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What would a grade school team do with NBA practice jerseys? Wear them as dressing gowns that reach their toes?

It was 7th and 8th grade basketball. We were tall enough to make them work. There were a couple of guys around the 6'+ mark, and the rest of us were in the 5'5" to 5'10" area. The smalls were kind of long on us, almost covered the shorts completely haha. But, the thing that was awesome was that they were actual Bucks and NBA practice jerseys. We felt like a pro team in them and that's all that matters. It was enough to lead us to a championship the year we got them!

packchampionslfroh.png

I've been working on a DIY version of that uni for a while now - got a blank Sand Knit jersey as the base, but I'm having trouble with the striping. I'm just a sucker for any uniform that uses the Ultrastripe design...

Green is my favorite color - those things make my butt and junk moist all over!

confused.gif:puke:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always thought that would make the best throwback jersey for a rapper to wear, since it's various shades of green and has BUCKS written across it, which is too often the subject of most rap songs these days.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived