Chicago Wolves Concept

GFB

As a young pup, I used to attend several Detroit Vipers games each year. I love that old IHL with a passion. One of Detroit main rivals was the historic Chicago Wolves franchise. The only problem is that their logo is terrible.

Chicago_Wolves.jpg

Anyway, here's what I came up with... feel free to leave your opinion on any of these topics:

• Would you consider this an upgrade or downgrade?
  • Is the logo too modern for such a historic franchise?
  • Are the colors on the uniforms too inconsistent?

WolvesLogo.png

WolvesHomeUniform.png

WolvesAwayUniform.png

I really like this first off, but I don't think it's quite there yet. Something about that wordmark needs to be simplified: too many jagged edges are turning out to be distracting and is really taking away from the whole piece. If you just cut off the extensions from the W and V, you should be good, then just round off the bottom of the lettering.

The wolf is looking great, but it's lacking something I just can't point out. The gray is really foreign compared to the rest of the pallet, especially the way you used both colors, as the only gray is in the wolf (I guess if you outline the logo in gray instead of gold, it may balance better). I also think the wolf needs some highlighting, since the lighting on the wormark is so extreme. I like the addition of the tail, it really creates some perspective. However, the little cuts and divits in the body kind of 'detatch' the tail, I'd probably shrink the those.

All in all, fantastic work, but these few tweaks can really help you here.

That logo logo is really well done, and I like it a lot. I think the side view works well. I also like the color scheme and the design of the uniforms, but the black doesn't work...four colors is too many. Make the shorts burgundy or gray and this set will be perfect.

I agree with CJay on a lot of his comments. The wolf has a good style, but the pose and some of the details are a bit problematic. (Most notably, the notches cut into the back and tail area, and some of the notches cut into the gray by the red seem arbitrary and confuse the structure of the wolf.) Also, the type is a little over-the-top and jagged, and I don't think the logo/wordmark combo works as a crest. It's got a very strange overall shape, and I'd love to see a logo-only crest.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I actually like the extensions on the W and V. They look like legs. That said, for better balance in the color palette, the two-tone effect on the type should be white and grey. And for the uniforms, if you really want to strive for a uniformity in the design, just use yellow as a trim color, a la the Seattle Seahawks' lime green. Then the logos and uniforms would be completely cohesive. Also, the yellow on the uniforms looks duller on the uniform images than the logo image.

Love the shape and form of the logo something about the nose and eye shadow area I think could be tweeked a bit differently though.

I like the addition of gray to the uni's cause it is so main in the logo but maybe just incorporate it as thinner stripe or outline on the jersey and people wouldn't mind it. I like what you got though and its a jersey I would rock!

great work and I love seeing you go far from the original bland head forward showing teeth!!!

PS love your avatar and caption!!!!!!!!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I would say leave the gray on the away uniforms but replace where it us on the home with the burgundy. It sort of frames the logo in the center.

Looks great! I love the logo, though I agree with what was stated previously. Some of the jagged edges are a little distracting.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

I love the logo and the wordmark, but the grey just doesn't work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 5 months later...

I'm on a streak of looking at old threads, so why stop now?

I'd suggest (like others have) a hint of a mouth, maybe just bared fangs would be enough to indicate. Otherwise, huge upgrade. Your work is great.

Archived