Denver Broncos logo from 1968 trough 1991 and 1992 trough 1996

netsjazz

Two Denver Broncos logo date is incorrect

This is Orginal D logo from 1968-1991

461.gif

And

Updated D logo from 1992-1996 prior to Fully changed to new logo in 1997

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=tbrzrgfkf4jklyqdsqelgmru0

However It's still used Orginal D logo on helmet trough 1996.

Sorry NetsJazz - but you've got it backward.

This was well documented here, page 3:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=72391&st=40

I liked this one much better

The one with the 'D' logo had the worst shade of blue on the helmet.

They wore these in Buffalo in 1994, but in the white away version.

212348164.jpg

1966BroncosPatriots900h.jpg

I do like this logo alot. Sure it's a little cartoonish, but that's actually what I like about it. It looks great on the helmet, too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Two Denver Broncos logo date is incorrect

This is Orginal D logo from 1968-1991

461.gif

And

Updated D logo from 1992-1996 prior to Fully changed to new logo in 1997

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=tbrzrgfkf4jklyqdsqelgmru0

However It's still used Orginal D logo on helmet trough 1996.

Sorry NetsJazz - but you've got it backward.

This was well documented here, page 3:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=72391&st=40

Okay I understand

I liked this one much better

The one with the 'D' logo had the worst shade of blue on the helmet.

They wore these in Buffalo in 1994, but in the white away version.

212348164.jpg

1966BroncosPatriots900h.jpg

I do like this logo alot. Sure it's a little cartoonish, but that's actually what I like about it. It looks great on the helmet, too.

Its was a good logo for the 60s even though that horse look like its about to go to a glue factory and the Broncos wore it twice during the 94 season.

I heard rumor that the Broncos is bringing back the Broncos D's logo for the 2012 season.

Where did you hear this rumor?

During Hacksaw Headlines 2 wks ago and he's said that there was report that the D is coming back I don't know if it as an alt or primary.

I heard rumor that the Broncos is bringing back the Broncos D's logo for the 2012 season.

During Hacksaw Headlines 2 wks ago and he's said that there was report that the D is coming back I don't know if it as an alt or primary.

I'm a huge Broncos fan and was really upset when the changed their colors and logos back in the 90's, but I'm aginst this unless they modernize it. It looks dated.

You do realize that Hacksaw has a tendency to make things up, right? I'd feel better if there were a story out there to reference (I couldn't find any). I'd love for the old "D" logo to come back and replace the choking horse.

You do realize that Hacksaw has a tendency to make things up, right? I'd feel better if there were a story out there to reference (I couldn't find any). I'd love for the old "D" logo to come back and replace the choking horse.

I do but still I trust Hacksaw I've listen to him since 1989 so time will tell.

As for the Broncos current logo I hated it but it kinda grew on me.

There is absolutely nothing at all on the radar in Denver per the Broncos bringing back the old D logo. The main talk has centered around going orange as the primary uniforms (and I strongly suspect the switch will be made before next season).

There is absolutely nothing at all on the radar in Denver per the Broncos bringing back the old D logo. The main talk has centered around going orange as the primary uniforms (and I strongly suspect the switch will be made before next season).

Can't be made before 2011, that deadline already passed. Teams have to have their uni changes in more than a year in advance for production purposes.

Given the state of the franchise currently, I feel like a switch back to orange is inevitable now - gotta do something to re-invigorate the fanbase. I wouldn't be surprised if Bowlen's now reconsidering the "D" logo as well.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

As for the "Drunk Bronco" logo - does anybody know exactly why the eye is a star? It's not, like, Texas or anything.

Although many reference sites list the Broncos as having the same helmet from 1962-65, with the '66 version being different only because of the striping pattern, there were in fact some subtle differences. The "drunken donkey" didn't always have a star for an eye, for instance -- that didn't start until 1965, as far as I can tell. The 1962-64 version just had a dot:

BroncosG.jpg

It also appears that the '62-64 helmets had a slightly smaller decal...

1964Broncos_road-1.jpg1964_10_11_JoeB.jpg

... than the '65 version:

1965_11_25_ErlandsonT-1.jpg

In addition to changing the eye to a star, the 1965 helmet was a more reddish-orange color than the earlier model. In '66, they not only changed from a single white stripe to a white-royal-white pattern, they also added a blue outline to the logo and changed the tail a bit:

1966_Broncos-Chargers_color.jpg

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived