Knicks officially change logo?

NHL1016

I'd say that's pretty much the primary. I can't find the other logo ANYWHERE on their website.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Many NBA teams barely use their official primary logos. See Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz.

Exactly, though I wish Phoenix would still use thier actual primary more - that alt logo is terrible. It looks more like the bag of $#!1 you light on fire and set on someone's porch as a prank.

Anyways, I'll have to keep my eye out for when the Jazz play the Knicks, IIRC, KJZZ (the Jazz broadcasting station) still uses the primary on thier broadcasts for the Knicks' graphic, but I could be mistaken. I do see the subway token used alot more it seems on many other channels and merchandise, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Many NBA teams barely use their official primary logos. See Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz.

You're right. I went to the Suns website, and just like the Knicks I could only find the promary in one place. It was the same place for both, the NBA.COM run "Upcoming Games" scroller.

(Just a side note, why is the NYK in the subway token BLACK?)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Exactly, though I wish Phoenix would still use thier actual primary more - that alt logo is terrible. It looks more like the bag of $#!1 you light on fire and set on someone's porch as a prank.

Anyways, I'll have to keep my eye out for when the Jazz play the Knicks, IIRC, KJZZ (the Jazz broadcasting station) still uses the primary on thier broadcasts for the Knicks' graphic, but I could be mistaken. I do see the subway token used alot more it seems on many other channels and merchandise, though.

Well, MSG Network, who broadcasts Knicks games still uses the triangle logo, but it's only in the graphics, which are leftover from last year.

I can totally see the NYK token logo being used at center court when the Garden is done with the massive transformation.

Interesting.

As the Nets' move to Brooklyn gets ever closer, expect the Knicks to play up "New York." For a long time, they've been the only sport in town without real competition for the market. Losing that will hurt.

No, losing is what hurts. Another team isn't going to hurt them if they weren't a pathetic franchise at this point in time. And heck, it's not like the Nets or whatever they will be called is going to hurt them. Two pathetic franchises in the same city? Ouch!

Interesting.

As the Nets' move to Brooklyn gets ever closer, expect the Knicks to play up "New York." For a long time, they've been the only sport in town without real competition for the market. Losing that will hurt.

No, losing is what hurts. Another team isn't going to hurt them if they weren't a pathetic franchise at this point in time. And heck, it's not like the Nets or whatever they will be called is going to hurt them. Two pathetic franchises in the same city? Ouch!

they were pathetic 5 months ago, not now

07Giants.pngnyy.png

And heck, it's not like the Nets or whatever they will be called is going to hurt them.

Oh, I think you're very wrong. Don't underestimate the marketing power of the County of Kings.

The Knicks will lose some of their fanbase. Not the established fans, but the kids. And the casuals. For the first time, they won't automatically get all the basketball fans, and that's a position they're not used to.

And you're right- if they're good and the Brooklyn _______s stink, it'll be easier. But the Knicks are a historically mediocre franchise, sub-.500 over their history. They're not the Yankees of baseball, who can take on all comers. They're the Mets.

As far as the NBA goes, I recall hearing that a primary logo in the NBA must include the team's city and nickname. Hence we have the rarely used 76ers and Suns primaries. Even if they wanted to use this one as a primary, they'd have to add the city and name somewhere.

Archived