Portland Timbers Jersey Leaked

dabest13

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not excited about these yet. I like the jock tag, which seems to make a reference to the Timbers Army slogan "No Pity in the Rose City." But I'm disappointed they didn't use the wordmark-free secondary logo as the crest.

I'm not sold on this Blackburn-meets-Arsenal look either. I don't understand the two-tone green. It makes the shirt feel unbalanced.

I'm not excited about these yet. I like the jock tag, which seems to make a reference to the Timbers Army slogan "No Pity in the Rose City." But I'm disappointed they didn't use the wordmark-free secondary logo as the crest.

I'm not sold on this Blackburn-meets-Arsenal look either. I don't understand the two-tone green. It makes the shirt feel unbalanced.

Agree completely on the crest. Their new crest is so bad anything else would have been better. Wordmark free crest makes it 100% better. I am wondering if there is anything unique on the back of the jersey. At the bottom of the fronts it appears there is the moss green outline & i cannot tell if its trim on the front or something on the back....

I am not sold on the "Robin Hood" mock stitching either....

The new crest is fantastic; I don't understand the hate for it, and certainly can't agree that "anything else would be better". Though, I do agree that the crest without the lettering would be interesting to see on the shirt.

Not sure I'm feeling the new shirt; it all just looks kinda sloppy. The only thing I do like is the crest that everyone else seems to hate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The new crest is fantastic; I don't understand the hate for it, and certainly can't agree that "anything else would be better". Though, I do agree that the crest without the lettering would be interesting to see on the shirt.

Not sure I'm feeling the new shirt; it all just looks kinda sloppy. The only thing I do like is the crest that everyone else seems to hate.

Mockba, I'm with you on the crest. I didn't hate it as much as the rest of the Timbers fans here in Portland, but I was happy to see the minor tweaks the club made a few weeks after its unveiling.

I honestly assumed they would go with the wordmark-free crest because it seems to be showing up everywhere across Portland. The axe in a circle says all they need to say about the club

But damn, do I hate putting the American flag on there. Crass, inappropriate and classless.

How is it inappropriate?

I'm not sure I would have used Gothamite's words, but I do think it's completely unnecessary. It's not a national team; it's a club.

As for Alaska Airlines, according to Wikipedia, PDX is one of their hubs. Oddly, they're headquartered out of SeaTac.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Anyone that's spent time in the woods knows there's two types of trees, coniferous - cone bearing - and deciduous - leaf bearing, falling off at maturity. And each type of tree is a different shade of green, pine/spruce and leaf.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

But damn, do I hate putting the American flag on there. Crass, inappropriate and classless.

How is it inappropriate?

I'm not sure I would have used Gothamite's words, but I do think it's completely unnecessary. It's not a national team; it's a club.

As for Alaska Airlines, according to Wikipedia, PDX is one of their hubs. Oddly, they're headquartered out of SeaTac.

You're right, Alaska Airlines' corporate headquarters is based in Seattle. But the company employs more than 2,000 people in Portland and has spent the last year investing heavily in Portland-specific marketing. This is all part of that plan.

As for the flag, I really don't mind it. MLS is one of the only -- if not THE only -- domestic soccer league that spans multiple nations, so to me it seems appropriate.

How is it inappropriate?

It's a direct violation of the US Flag Code.

§176(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

I know that the Flag Code is not law, but still. Making a flag a permanent part of a uniform is simply inappropriate. There are other ways of getting the point across that are appropriate for a sports uniform:

4416550237_a11e61cc3a_o.jpg

I'm not opposed to the use of patriotic imagery, only the use of a flag.

How is it inappropriate?

I've always disliked it.

It violates the flag code.

While the flag code is only advisory, it does establish a standard of respect that should be followed.

Section 8(j) states "No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

National teams can use the flag on an athletic uniform because they represent the nation. It should never be used on any other uniform.

Not feeling the two-tone look...just feels thrown together. Should be interesting to see how the full kits turn out.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

How is it inappropriate?

I've always disliked it.

It violates the flag code.

While the flag code is only advisory, it does establish a standard of respect that should be followed.

Section 8(j) states "No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

National teams can use the flag on an athletic uniform because they represent the nation. It should never be used on any other uniform.

Preach it. I wish more people would stick up for the flag code nowadays.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I see now; I thought it was something worse. As for what gosioux said earlier, France's Ligue 1 has a team out of Monaco, the Swiss Axpo League has a Liechtensteiner team, and Singapore's S-League has teams from, well, different countries in South East Asia; those are the only ones that come to mind in terms of first division leagues.

Archived