Portland Timbers Jersey Leaked

dabest13

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't care for the two-tone, I like the fact that MLS jerseys appear to be taking a turn toward incorporating team-specific designs, even if they are being shoved inside standard Adidas templates.

I wish the crest on the clash kit was still green. It would really pop then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Fashion show was lame and the woman was extremely corny, but overall the home kit looks sharp in both the Green/White/White & Green/Green/Green combos.............

Agree on the away jersey. Bright red is a bit shocking....... but they only will be wearing it against Seattle & off the top of my head I don't see the green home clashing with any other team......

Good point about only wearing the clash in Seattle, thought I feel like they will try to break it out more often than just that.

They will probably wear the Red against teams with Navy or Black I'm willing to bet to give a bit more differentiation..... I could see the green clashing a bit with Philadelphia, New England and DC since the one shade of green is a little dark....

not that it would be the end of the world if they didn't use the red agaisnt those teams, but being closer to the colors seems like a good reason to break it out.

USMNT-1.png

Im not sure how i feel. I like the idea of a red clash kit, but i think there is too much white in each of them. Adidas really blows the opportunity of contrasting sleeves with their stripes. Id rather have seen contrasting green sleeves on the home shirt. i really like the rose. I made some concepts a few weeks back where i had a similar rose/ball motif. overall i think i like what they've done minus the sleeve/shoulder stripe. had adidas forced their creep on either just the sleeve or just the shoulder, I probably wouldn't have any reservations.(except the primary as the chest badge. secondary all the way!)

I'm a big fan of both. I'm surprised and happy that they included the special Rose City jersey and not just a white inverse of the primary. I love the detailing, the two-tone look (always one of my favorites for soccer teams), and they look really clean with either the white or green shorts.

I too, wish they used the wordless secondary logo, but I understand the reasoning for wanting your primary logo on the jersey. If the team name on the crest is our biggest beef with the whole set, then I'm a happy guy.

I really can't decide which one I want to pick up though . . .

Are there any MLS clubs that *don't* use their primary on the shirt?

I can't think of any Premiership clubs that don't. Guess they figure you have this marketing opportunity, people walking around with your shirt, makes sense to put your most marketable image out there.

English clubs used to use simple secondary logos (Arsenal with a cannon, Liverpool with a liverbird, etc.), but the rise of merchandising killed that.

I really like these uniforms, and i wanna root for these guys (until the Cosmos come back), but they way Portland's animal fans reacted to a logo unveiling, and their absolute classless behavior and unwillingness to accept anything but what they felt should be the logo for a team they do not own has put me off liking this franchise.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I really like these uniforms, and i wanna root for these guys (until the Cosmos come back), but they way Portland's animal fans reacted to a logo unveiling, and their absolute classless behavior and unwillingness to accept anything but what they felt should be the logo for a team they do not own has put me off liking this franchise.

Just realize that the reaction you speak of came from a group of Timbers fans, a very loud and outspoken minority. We're not all animals!

And I do believe that reaction was an in the moment, passionate, gut reaction that most fans have already backed off from.

I really like how these turned out. I don't think they needed to do a halved jersey though. The contrasting sleeves is distinct enough that the halves aren't really necessary. And the crest would have been better without the wordmark. I really like how the clash is red, too. I don't like when a team's clash kit is just the home kit with the colors switched (like what Houston just came out with). It's nice that they have a completely different colored shirt for their clash that still has meaning to the team/city.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love the details on the border of the two tone (the chevrons on the green, and the thorn pattern on the red).

I'm not totally sold on the two tone, however.

And of course, the addidas template is horrific.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived