I don't like the new Holiday Bowl Logo

Unocal

Its not great, but I like it. The previous one was just a giant ad for Pacific Life. I realize that the colors are from Bridgepoint's logo, but it gives it a wintry feel and helps distinguish it from the Poinsettia Bowl which is held in the same stadium.

spacer.png

I actually do like this alot myself. It could do without the football, as it looks like it's just sort of tossed in there. But overall, it's quite nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

IMO, it's one of the better bowl game logos - upgrade.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Okay okay, now I'll admit that I enjoy coming onto this site as I've always found the history of team uniforms, colors, and logos an interesting subject ....

However ..... are some of us perhaps going a bit over the top by worrying about the stupid logo from of all bowls, the 'Holiday' Bowl?? yawn.gif

Has anyone ever heard anyone saying or possibly even thinking during the course of a college football season, 'hmmm, I wonder who's gonna be in the Holiday Bowl this year" :therock:

Okay okay, now I'll admit that I enjoy coming onto this site as I've always found the history of team uniforms, colors, and logos an interesting subject ....

However ..... are some of us perhaps going a bit over the top by worrying about the stupid logo from of all bowls, the 'Holiday' Bowl?? yawn.gif

Has anyone ever heard anyone saying or possibly even thinking during the course of a college football season, 'hmmm, I wonder who's gonna be in the Holiday Bowl this year" :therock:

You're completely missing the point of this board then. That's why we come here to dissect things such as logos and uniforms. I mean I don't know if you noticed the site was called, "Chris Creamer's Sports LOGOS". So discussing the Holiday Bowl logo is what we do and actually is encouraged. It's not just about uniforms.

As far as the log itself. I like it. It's a little too monochromatic for me. I wish they would've added red to it. The Holiday Bowl has always, up until this logo, had a red poinsettia in it. If they just kept the poinsettias red and maybe added a thin red outline to the logo, it would be better.

I like this logo. As others have said, the color scheme/font give it a "winter" feel. The poinsettias in the logo almost come across as snow flakes, and I almost wish they had changed them to snowflakes (though I realize that probably wouldn't work for a game that's played in San Diego).

I'm glad to see the old logo go. I want to leave all memories of the last Holiday Bowl behind me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm glad to see the old logo go. I want to leave all memories of the last Holiday Bowl behind me.

At least Washington will get to feel your pain this year.

"The Holiday Bowl. Where Pac 10 teams go to die at the hands of Nebraska."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The best aspect of the Holiday Bowl is how they re-paint the Chargers "San Diego" wordmark in the End Zones in the game colors.

holiday-bowl-1.jpg

With the logo switching from Navy and Red to Blue and Grey, I'm guessing the End Zone themes will change as well.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Archived