RIP Bob Feller

NJTank

One of the best pitchers ever will now be pitching against Babe Ruth again on the great ballpark in the sky.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2010-12-15/indians-hall-of-fame-pitcher-bob-feller-dies-at-age-92

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As a young historian, I can honestly say that he was my favorite hall of fame pitcher. Easily one of, if not THE most dominant pitcher of his era. "Rapid Robert" earned his nickname with the greatest fastball of his time, combined with a wicked curveball. I also loved that high-kicking delivery and his competitive demeanor, he was certainly an incredible legend in every sense of the word. And last but not least, he was a strong patriot who served in WWII proudly, and was a great American. Heaven just got a new ace for its rotation. Rest in peace Bob.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm glad I got to meet the guy a little under three years ago. One of my favorite baseball players ever. Rest in peace Bob, we'll miss your face at Spring Training each and every year.

Years ago I sat a row behind him at a spring training game. A kid who couldn't have been more than 7-8 approached him with a ball to sign. Feller, apparently a funny fellow, signed the ball for the kid while saying, "Now, I know you're too young to have a clue who I am, but that's okay... go take this to your dad or granddad, or whoever sent you down here, okay?"

nav-logo.png

One of the best pitchers ever will now be pitching against Babe Ruth again on the great ballpark in the sky.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2010-12-15/indians-hall-of-fame-pitcher-bob-feller-dies-at-age-92

Again??? Ruth's last year in the majors was 1935. Feller made his major league debut in 1936. (Also Ruth was in the National League with the braves in '35).

Semantics over, Feller was one of the great players, and great men, of Major League Baseball. A true hero in a world in which that word is often badly applied.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm glad I got to meet the guy a little under three years ago. One of my favorite baseball players ever. Rest in peace Bob, we'll miss your face at Spring Training each and every year.

Years ago I sat a row behind him at a spring training game. A kid who couldn't have been more than 7-8 approached him with a ball to sign. Feller, apparently a funny fellow, signed the ball for the kid while saying, "Now, I know you're too young to have a clue who I am, but that's okay... go take this to your dad or granddad, or whoever sent you down here, okay?"

Yeah when I went down to Spring Training I got a bunch of Indians players to sign a sign (haha) and ended up getting Feller's autograph on it too. When I asked him to sign it, his comment was something along the lines of, "Who are these punks that signed this thing?" :P He was just a guy with a pretty good sense of humour, and a love for the game of baseball. We'll miss ya Bob.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived