Inconsistent Logos (possibly NSFW)

BlueSky

You'd think a professional team's logos would consistent no matter who's wearing them. Most are, the Bucs for example:

josh-freeman.104307156.jpg

tampa-bay-buccaneers-cheerleaders-12.jpg

But Saints players have this FDL...

Lawyer+Milloy+Chris+Ivory+Seattle+Seahawks+-dJzLDLVJsNl.jpg

...while the Saintsations have this one.

saints-saintsations-cheerleaders(02).jpg

There are other examples; my God, the Charger Girls may reignite the whole backwards-bolt debate! B)

charger_cheerleaders.jpg

As side notes, during my, ahem, research I ran across this interesting take on the Dolphins' logo...

2008mdccalendarcover.jpg

...and this Titans' outfit that looks like a Pro Combat concept waiting to happen:

Cheerleader+1.jpg

Returning to the point, why wouldn't a team use the same version on everything?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yes, maybe returning to the point would be a good idea.

I don't know why a team would create an alternate logo just for the cheerleaders. Maybe there's a marketing angle, maybe they just like playing with the design. But they're not "unofficial" by definition - they're just alternates.

Bob Costas: Hard to believe that just five years ago this game was played only on driveways

Al Michaels: Yeah, and it's hard to believe that just five years ago those girls were only in grade school!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yes, maybe returning to the point would be a good idea.

I don't know why a team would create an alternate logo just for the cheerleaders. Maybe there's a marketing angle, maybe they just like playing with the design. But they're not "unofficial" by definition - they're just alternates.

In the Saints' case, I think the cheerleader FDLs are store bought, like big brooches or whatever. Seriously, you see similar pieces in stores around New Orleans.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I suspect that the real reason is because cheerleader outfits are probably made up by the teams themselves. It's not as if they have to get vetted by the league the same way that jerseys and merchandise are.

Still, consistency is important and the safest route is just to get the exact logo screened or embroidered on the outfit without taking any liberties, as the BC FeLions have done. This approach would win these ladies many friends in the CCSLC.

0010_Felions3119.jpg

Bob Costas: Hard to believe that just five years ago this game was played only on driveways

Al Michaels: Yeah, and it's hard to believe that just five years ago those girls were only in grade school!

(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived