Ducks Primary Concept **UPDATED**

Blitz

Just something I have always wanted to do, well since Disney entered the hockey world anyhow... I made a new primary for the ducks, and simply removed some white lines on the "D" foot - anyhow, Here goes....

ducks_vectorized_free.png

C&C much appreciated...

canada.png

I doubt that this is ripped off of this, but it may be worth changing the primary logo around because this was the first thing I thought of when I saw it:

Quad_City_Mallards_Primary_by_matthiason.png

I don't see anything even close to that. Not much difference you can do with a duck head, unless you don't do a duck head. So, I don't see anything wrong with his concept.

phillies_rotation_signature.png

Those two logos are about as different as you can get considering they are both the same animal, in roughly the same angle.

Blitz: It's a great start. Two things for me.

1. The bill looks a little weird to me. The thick black line going down the front is throwing me off.

2. It's lacking a dynamic feel. As is, it looks like a partial logo. Think of possible highlights and/or a backdrop that gives it that extra "oomph."

I doubt that this is ripped off of this, but it may be worth changing the primary logo around because this was the first thing I thought of when I saw it:

Quad_City_Mallards_Primary_by_matthiason.png

I don't see anything even close to that. Not much difference you can do with a duck head, unless you don't do a duck head. So, I don't see anything wrong with his concept.

I wasn't saying that they were the same, I was saying that that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Alone, I feel the head isn't enough for it to be a primary crest. But, if you were to add some kind of a shield and toy with some different ideas of how to incorporate it, this could be awesome. Use the Sharks as a good exmaple.

Update #1

incorporated the old school colours, as well as setting the logo in a Triangle... Hit or miss?

ducksold_vectorized_free.png

canada.png

This is really good! What you really need to do is get rid of the line going down the middle of the bill. It's unneeded and distracting. Next, take this design to the next level. Do like CJ says and make it more abstract. Make the curves more dramatic, sharpen up some of the edges, etc.

The first thing to start with is to change the triangle. It shouldn't be equilateral. Change some of the angles, offset it a little. Maybe make the sides curves instead of staight lines? Right now the triangle is too sharp compared to the curves of the bird.

The color combo is perfect. I eagerly await an update to this fantastic logo.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

You have successfully made an intimidating and non-cartoony duck. You deserve a medal.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived