NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

And Ice_Cap, I'm a Cowboys fan living in NY so I kinda dont like the Jets.

That's your problem. You should have spited your father and become a Giants fan or something.

I already spited him once when becoming a Yankees fan instead of a Mets fan.

See you're halfway there already. What's he going to do, kick you out of the house?

I hate the Giants and the Jets and I love the Cowboys so thats not happening.

Then I suggest you grow a slightly thicker skin vis a vis NFL football.

Nah bro.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's your problem. You should have spited your father and become a Giants fan or something.

See you're halfway there already. What's he going to do, kick you out of the house?

Nah bro.

No, you should take his advice. Lest we have to deal with your whining each time the Jets or Giants win a game.

I was much younger and more immature when the Patriots won their titles, but I never carried on like this. I will admit, I'm not emotional about a lot of things and expected to see a couple of posts about the Patriots losing. But it gets annoying when you log on and suddenly everybody's talking/making threads about it like they won the Super Bowl. I hate to use the "win with class" line, but really I got to use it here.

"Win with class"? Sorry. Not buying it.

Again, being a sports fan should be about enjoying yourself first and foremost. Jets fans have a right to enjoy themselves after a game like this. I'm sorry your team had to be on the losing end of things, but thems the breaks. Just let the have fun with their team winning this game. It's what being a sports fan is supposed to be about.

Winning with class is a term fans throw around when they've sucked all the joy of being a fan out of the process.

That might be true, but too many times I see kids and even grown adults acting like animals when they're being a "sports fan," including attending a hockey game where a man poured his beer on a little boy who was wearing the rival team's jersey and proceeding to harp on him about his loss.

While they are different scenarios, if that's being a "sports fan" and it's wrong for us to take that fun out of the game, then I'm all for taking the "fun" out of it.

The scinerios are worlds apart. No one's doing anything close to that here. Look, I'm sorry your team lost. I'm a Chargers fan. A few years ago I was in your place. 14-2 record, seemingly unstoppable, and they lose in the Divisional round. It sucks. So deal with your team losing the right way, don't piss all over other fans enjoying their team's win in a, lets be honest, harmless fashion. No one's pouring beer on anyone.

The win the class line is over-played, which is why I hate to resort to it, but again I lose all respect for obnoxious fans or people like Lights Out who act like they finally lost their virginity because their team won.

You've already played into Lights Out's game if you associate him with real Jets fans. He's a bandwagon jumper who, I'm convinced, hates the teams he hates more then he likes the teams he likes. According to Lights Out no team he hates has ever won anything simply because they earned it. Using him as your standard fan does a disservice to the standard fan.

Then perhaps we agree to disagree then. It's just the way I was raised to not act like an idiot when I win, or a team I root for wins... act like you've been there. When in 2006 that Patriot was doing the Lights Out dance on the logo, I really hoped LaDainian Tomlinson would've beat the crap out of him. Sorry, I'm just that way.

The reason why this win is getting blown up is because the Jets have FINALLY gotten over the hump. It's been almost a decade of playing second-fiddle to the Patriots in the AFC East. Maybe the Jets get win here or there during the regular season, but in the end the Patriots would always come out ahead. To sum it up: This wiin, in a way, feels like "the passing of the torch" -- THAT'S why it's a big deal.

6uXNWAo.png

Something lost in all of this. LT finally gets a playoff win against the Pats. Congrats to him for that.

Yeah, I was half expecting him to say something like "It's nice to play for a team with a coach who doesn't screw the pooch in January, unlike Turner and Schottenheimer" in his postgame interview.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Something lost in all of this. LT finally gets a playoff win against the Pats. Congrats to him for that.

Yeah, I was half expecting him to say something like "It's nice to play for a team with a coach who doesn't screw the pooch in January, unlike Turner and Schottenheimer" in his postgame interview.

Well Marty's kid IS the OC for the Jets.

Norv can piss up a rope though.

Nah bro.

No, you should take his advice. Lest we have to deal with your whining each time the Jets or Giants win a game.

How exactly am I whining that they won? I'm annoyed at their fans for acting like this.

You've already played into Lights Out's game if you associate him with real Jets fans. He's a bandwagon jumper who, I'm convinced, hates the teams he hates more then he likes the teams he likes.

False. Believe me, I hate the Raiders just as much as the next guy, but I've supported the Chargers since birth. I'm very negative about the state of the franchise now, but that's because I think the Chargers can do better, not because I don't like the Chargers very much.

According to Lights Out no team he hates has ever won anything simply because they earned it.

Really? Would you mind pointing out where I've said that?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You're whining about their fans acting like fans act when their team wins.

Ok so the next time any of my teams win a big game I'll start a thread about it and brag like crazy.

And we'll mention Florida State and point and laugh.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh well, there's always next year. But it's still nice to know we've got more rings than the Jets or Chargers.

You've also got more asterisks than the Jets or Chargers.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2007-09-12-belichick-apology_N.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/sports/football/08nfl.html?_r=4&ref=sports&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ok so the next time any of my teams win a big game I'll start a thread about it and brag like crazy.

And I'll metion last year and point and laugh.

And I'll metion last year and point and laugh.

Show some class dude.

Today, we are all otaku.

Why do people always feel the need to come on here and complain about other teams fans? I doubt many people care what you think of a teams fans, can we please just keep the conversation to sports?

I know I didn't. I was simply browsing the forums when a thread popped up bragging about their win surfaced, and mutliple people started to act like idiots after winning a single playoff game.

Archived