NFL Playoffs and "America's Game"

totc

In nine months, NFL Films should be debuting the next installment of America's Game, which takes a detailed view of the season through interviews with three members of the winning franchise (usually two players and a coach; sometimes three players).

Which of the 12 remaining teams have the best storyline for America's Game?

I got two picks. One is the Jets (using Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Darrelle Revis), using the storylines of Ryan's relationship with his father, the controversy over the TV Azteca reporter, Revis' holdout, and the dramatic last-second victory over the Steelers. The narrator would be Michael Imperioli.

The second is the Eagles (using Andy Reid, Michael Vick, and Desean Jackson). The storylines would include McNabb's trade, Reid's sons and the law, Michael Vick's incarceration (not to mention not even starting the season), and Jackson's punt returns including the game-winner against the Giants. The narrator would be Kevin Bacon.

When you answer, give us who you think the talking heads should be, the turning points of the season, and the narrator.

Packers: Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins

Storyline centered around the injuries and all the close games, beating Favre twice, Matt Flynn almost doing the impossible in New England and their trek through the Postseason all on the road.

Narrator: Kevin Bacon did Super Bowl XXXI so lets roll with Martin Sheen or Alec Baldwin.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Seahawks (Pete Carroll, Matt Hasslebeck, Brandon Stokley)

Narrated by Bobcat Goldwaith only a 7-9 season can be decided so elegantly.

Yep...that's my pick (minus all the rest of that). I will add "worst-ever record by a wild-card team", and this, provided the 'Hawks hold:

REMEMBER THE CARDINALS.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yep...that's my pick (minus all the rest of that). I will add "worst-ever record by a wild-card team", and this, provided the 'Hawks hold:

REMEMBER THE CARDINALS.

But the 7-9 Seahawks are not a wild card team. Yes, they're playing on Wild Card Weekend, but they won their division.

LvZYtbZ.png

REMEMBER THE CARDINALS.

But the 7-9 Seahawks are not a wild card team. Yes, they're playing on Wild Card Weekend, but they won their division.

This is true.

*hangs head in shame...*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Marshawn Lynch are you kidding me? That was unbelievable. Holy crap, they actually won!

EDIT: Well, this is awkward. Wrong thread. Whatever, it still was amazing

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Seahawks are the most interesting of the last eight, but aside from a coach leaving his college program in shambles and an over-the-hill quarterback with an outspoken wife, who are the interesting, compelling narrative figures for that team? Eddie Vedder would be the narrator.

The Seahawks are the most interesting of the last eight, but aside from a coach leaving his college program in shambles and an over-the-hill quarterback with an outspoken wife, who are the interesting, compelling narrative figures for that team? Eddie Vedder would be the narrator.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck is the wife of Matt's brother, Tim.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I want to see a retrospective on the Jacksonville Jaguars. Joe Cocker for narration.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Don't forget 7-9, that would of course be brought up ad nauseum.

And they'd have to get Marshawn Lynch to do the show.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The 2010 Patriots with Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, and Devin McCourty...

But seriously, it would probably be the Ravens in the AFC with their defensive coordinator Dean Pees losing his sister, and of course, Ed Reed losing his brother regardless of the circumstances. I always though the story of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, while not a favorite team of mine, and I knew of most of the issues surrounding Ray Lewis, was a good episode.

In the NFC, it would have to be the Falcons (Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Mike Smith) or Packers (Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Donald Driver or Mike McCarthy), both replaced a good quarterback/legend in the city, and despite the critics, rose to the challenge to prevail as Super Bowl Champions, either with a dream season (Falcons), or underdog story (Packers).

The Falcons would be an interesting America's Game when you add the perspective of the end of the Vick era as well as that one coach who ran off to coach the University of Arkansas.

The talking heads would be Mike Smith, Matt Ryan, and a person to be named later. The narrator would be Ted Turner.

Oh my God. I love the way you think

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I'd say we're going to have Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, and Mike McCarthy with Michael Douglas as the narrator.

Extensive Brett Favre intro, leading into Packers' last-gasp to get into the playoffs, and the big "confidence builder" is going to be the playoff game at Philadelphia. The Super Bowl coverage is going to rest on the two TD throws and the 3rd-and-10 with six minutes to go.

I can hear "Rise to Win" right now ....

The 2010 Patriots with Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, and Devin McCourty...

But seriously, it would probably be the Ravens in the AFC with their defensive coordinator Dean Pees losing his sister, and of course, Ed Reed losing his brother regardless of the circumstances. I always though the story of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, while not a favorite team of mine, and I knew of most of the issues surrounding Ray Lewis, was a good episode.

In the NFC, it would have to be the Falcons (Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Mike Smith) or Packers (Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Donald Driver or Mike McCarthy), both replaced a good quarterback/legend in the city, and despite the critics, rose to the challenge to prevail as Super Bowl Champions, either with a dream season (Falcons), or underdog story (Packers).

I called it. :censored: right.

Storyline centered around the injuries and all the close games, beating Favre twice, Matt Flynn almost doing the impossible in New England and their trek through the Postseason all on the road.

Narrator: Kevin Bacon did Super Bowl XXXI so lets roll with Martin Sheen or Alec Baldwin.

No way...Morgan Freeman! Everything sounds better when it's told by Morgan Freeman!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

No way...Morgan Freeman! Everything sounds better when it's told by Morgan Freeman!

What does Morgan Freeman have in common with the state of Wisconsin?

The previous GB championship videos were done by Tom Selleck (born in Michigan), Donald Sutherland (born in Canada), and Kevin Bacon (born in Philadelphia). Perhaps Green Bay native Anthony Shalhoub (Monk)?

Archived