New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

They do have an orange ring of seats in Invesco Field at Mile High.

You think that's bad? I once found a bright crimson ring around . . . . wait, is this Web.MD?

Honestly, Orange will not work with a stadium with blue seats.

Apparently you've never heard of complimentary colors.

As a matter of fact, I have. Just yesterday Burnt Sienna asked me if I had lost weight.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do have an orange ring of seats in Invesco Field at Mile High.

You think that's bad? I once found a bright crimson ring around . . . . wait, is this Web.MD?

Honestly, Orange will not work with a stadium with blue seats.

Apparently you've never heard of complimentary colors.

As a matter of fact, I have. Just yesterday Burnt Sienna asked me if I had lost weight.

Hahaha Very funny, but Orange in a sea of blue isn't bad when it's meant to specify something---like being a mile high above sea level in denver.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

http://plixi.com/p/69231580

@LoMoMarlins: "4 those of u cracking on the Marlins teal. Heard a rumor that these will be our new unis/colors starting in 2012 http://plixi.com/p/69231580"

Seriously hoping this is just a joke, because those uniforms are hideous. Also would be shocked to see the black be dumped.

I hope this is a joke too. I'm gonna look into this. The Marlins' colors are perfect the way they are.

Look at the hat dude. The F-fish logo kind of gives it away that it's just some stupid recolor. It's been covered here before.

@LoMoMarlins: "4 those of u cracking on the Marlins teal. Heard a rumor that these will be our new unis/colors starting in 2012 http://plixi.com/p/69231580"

Seriously hoping this is just a joke, because those uniforms are hideous. Also would be shocked to see the black be dumped.

I hope this is a joke too. I'm gonna look into this. The Marlins' colors are perfect the way they are.

Look at the hat dude. The F-fish logo kind of gives it away that it's just some stupid recolor. It's been covered here before.

I've heard rumblings of them wanting to go the Miami Hurricanes look though. I've always brushed it off as pure stupidity, the black/teal combo is a great look for the Marlins.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I've heard rumblings of them wanting to go the Miami Hurricanes look though. I've always brushed it off as pure stupidity, the black/teal combo is a great look for the Marlins.

The most common color combo reported, by the owner nonetheless, is black and orange.

The most common color combo reported, by the owner nonetheless, is black and orange.

It will be a shame if they do this. We already have the Giants and Orioles.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I could see the Marlins in a darker teal like the Jaguars and Sharks use. That would keep the teal going without being too garish to be a base color.

The red/yellow/blue/green that the stadium uses could be an interesting color scheme too. Big burst of color.

Marlins president David Samson was on the Dan LeBatard show yesterday (like he is every Wednesday) and a caller asked him to keep teal as a color because "fans love it." Samson's response: "We'll announce the colors on 11/11/11, and I can promise you the colors will be very 'Florida.' And judging by our merchandise sales, teal isn't that popular." Teal is out, end of story.

I could see the Marlins in a darker teal like the Jaguars and Sharks use. That would keep the teal going without being too garish to be a base color.

The red/yellow/blue/green that the stadium uses could be an interesting color scheme too. Big burst of color.

Marlins president David Samson was on the Dan LeBatard show yesterday (like he is every Wednesday) and a caller asked him to keep teal as a color because "fans love it." Samson's response: "We'll announce the colors on 11/11/11, and I can promise you the colors will be very 'Florida.' And judging by our merchandise sales, teal isn't that popular." Teal is out, end of story.

That's such a shame. Obviously you can't force people to buy certain colors of merchandise, but if I were a Marlins fan I would be rocking teal like crazy. I don't understand why it's not selling.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's such a shame. Obviously you can't force people to buy certain colors of merchandise, but if I were a Marlins fan I would be rocking teal like crazy. I don't understand why it's not selling.

Because Miami (and most of FL) is filled with fair-weather fans. The Heat is a perfect example of this. Same applies to the Bucs. They don't acknowledge their teams unless they are winning.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Because Miami (and most of FL) is filled with fair-weather fans. The Heat is a perfect example of this. Same applies to the Bucs. They don't acknowledge their teams unless they are winning.

Or because adults look like douchebags "rocking" teal.

Don't get me wrong - I'd rather the team use teal as their primary color. I think it's very appropriate. But as a grown man, I would never actually wear bright teal. Maybe black with a logo that had some teal in it, but it's just not a very flattering color on most men.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't get me wrong - I'd rather the team use teal as their primary color. I think it's very appropriate. But as a grown man, I would never actually wear bright teal. Maybe black with a logo that had some teal in it, but it's just not a very flattering color on most men.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm a non-douche adult and I would wear a teal Marlins jersey without hesitation. What you wear has a lot less to do with being a douche than how you act.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm a non-douche adult and I would wear a teal Marlins jersey without hesitation. What you wear has a lot less to do with being a douche than how you act.

I said teal makes adults look like douches. It doesn't automatically make you one. You can look totally normal and still be a total douche. Just look at Donovan McNabb.

I just don't think it's a very flattering color. It's a trendy '90s color that looks better when worn by little kids than by mature adults. That being said, I think it's a fine color for a sports team in Florida.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do you go around town wearing a bright red cap? What is the difference? This comes up in relation to teams bastardizing their colors to sell more merchandise, but I think it is stupid for actual fans (and not people who buy random hats because they look good) to say they won't wear team merchandise because it is a color which isn't manly, tight, fresh, or whatever other phrase they are using. At this point, I think teal doesn't sell because 1) the Marlins have so thoroughly relegated teal that fans barely associate it with the team, 2)Nobody is buying much merchandise to begin with, and 3)I imagine there is almost no teal merchandise for sale.

If the Marlins still used teal and I were a Marlins fan, I would wear a teal cap around town. It's a damn baseball cap. You don't look any more silly wearing a teal baseball cap than a black one. Same with a t-shirt. Most people aren't wearing caps and t-shirts to work, yet we act as if all people refuse to wear team colors other than navy and black just because they are bright or don't go with jeans or something. I don't think teal is any less flattering on a t-shirt than black is.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Do you go around town wearing a bright red cap? What is the difference? This comes up in relation to teams bastardizing their colors to sell more merchandise, but I think it is stupid for actual fans (and not people who buy random hats because they look good) to say they won't wear team merchandise because it is a color which isn't manly, tight, fresh, or whatever other phrase they are using. At this point, I think teal doesn't sell because 1) the Marlins have so thoroughly relegated teal that fans barely associate it with the team, 2)Nobody is buying much merchandise to begin with, and 3)I imagine there is almost no teal merchandise for sale.

If the Marlins still used teal and I were a Marlins fan, I would wear a teal cap around town. It's a damn baseball cap. You don't look any more silly wearing a teal baseball cap than a black one. Same with a t-shirt. Most people aren't wearing caps and t-shirts to work, yet we act as if all people refuse to wear team colors other than navy and black just because they are bright or don't go with jeans or something. I don't think teal is any less flattering on a t-shirt than black is.

No I don't wear bright red caps... or any caps for that matter. I don't wear much team gear in general anyway though. The difference between teal and black is that the teal draws much more attention to the wearer. Whether this is good or not is a matter of opinion. Let me take a step back - I'm referring to teal in terms of items like graphic Ts, sweatshirts, caps, jackets, etc. I don't think twice when I see someone in a teal polo shirt or wearing a teal tie. There's just something about those other items that when in teal just looks extremely tacky to me. Just opinion.

No I don't wear bright red caps... or any caps for that matter. I don't wear much team gear in general anyway though. The difference between teal and black is that the teal draws much more attention to the wearer. Whether this is good or not is a matter of opinion. Let me take a step back - I'm referring to teal in terms of items like graphic Ts, sweatshirts, caps, jackets, etc. I don't think twice when I see someone in a teal polo shirt or wearing a teal tie. There's just something about those other items that when in teal just looks extremely tacky to me. Just opinion.

People tend to buy most of their fan gear to wear around in white, athletic gray or black anyway, whether or not the colors are kinda "weird". However this does not mean the team needs to ditch the color(s) altogether. Plenty of people would buy stuff in the team color to wear to games, as well as occasionally elsewhere. The Cardinals are a red team, but I don't really wear that many red shirts, or hats, around. I actually wear a lot of navy and then either white or gray, as far as my team shirts goes. This doesn't mean I want the Cardinals to reduce the amount of red in their identity or move to a more dominant navy team. And why would the Marlins think an athletic gray t-shirt means gray would be better in their identity? EVERY team in every sport sells athletic gray shirts. It's like the universally neutral color for sports team gear. The Marlins can easily be a teal team and make it work merchandisewise.

Marlins are teal. In my opinion, they should use a darker teal to be a little original and to make it so that it wouldn't be as bright(can't think of the right word for it). That and orange would be an acceptable change in my opinion. Black might have to become a secondary color like an outline and not a primary for this to work as I wouldn't want to see a jersey like this:

q28zvunnksgolmsljsq1h4f82.gif

A google search came up with this logo sporting a darker teal with orange. I kind of like it:

miami_marlins.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I see your point. My arguement is, you are already drawring attention to yourself by wearing sports attire, already wearing something so un-dressy that it isn't a big drop-off. I think it is silly especially since the attire is generally being worn with jeans, which are both casual and neutral color-wise. McCall made a good point about team gear being offered in white and gray also, so it isn't like all merchandise would have to be teal. However, when it comes to caps, they are such a small part of one's outfit that I don't think they need to fit in with the toned-down color scheme most people generally wear. If my team's cap was teal, I would wear a teal cap all the time because it represents the team. Unless people are wearing random caps because they like the colors or logos, the whole point of wearing a cap is to represent your team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived