2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Aren't you a Cowboys fan? Why would you care if Kevin Kolb stays "loyal" to the Eagles, who will promptly show "disloyalty" to him by trading him ASAP?

I think that it's sort of a d-bag move on his part.

To want to go to a team that will give him an opportunity to start?

No to basically ditch the team that he's currently with.

Except when the league comes back, he'll just be traded to Arizona anyway. Why not take the time to practice and build relationships with your new team?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that last part is the clearest sign the deal will not get done. If they were going to accept it they would regardless of Myrna Kraft, but they will wait and its back to square one. The players seem to think they are being force fed and all the reports of them voting on it has them aboput to walk away completly. I heard from SI.com that the players want at least two weeks.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The ball has been fumbled at the one and returned all the way for a TD Game over season is lost players reject deal will discuss options Monday. Prepare for Armegeddon

The happiest man on the plannet right now Gary Bettman he is no longer the worst, dumbest idoctic moronic emptyu suit comish in the history of pro sports.

Its going to be intersting what happens after the lawsuits and who is left standing, and how many lawsuits and arrests will be made as players turn prove Ray Lewis right.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

If the NFL doesn't happen the NHL can't :censored: this up, but we all know the NBA won't happen. So I think Gary will take that as a very nice consolation prize.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Let's not get carried away here. The NFLPA is looking at the proposals. Let's not act as if the door has been shut on the 2011 season. Every player I have heard wants to play, every team wants to play. As it stands, 1 match has been cancelled. Let's all just take a breath.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Eddie George is currently out of benefits since he is retired for five seasons. He played his a$$ off for nine years and got jack. Should that be OK via the NFL?

I get that benefits can be a huge issue, and that Eddie got banged up during his playing days -- but what's stopping him (or any ex-player) from starting a new career that offers benefits? Is he "too good" to go out and find a job in the real world?

Problem: McDonalds and Wal Mart have crappy health plans (and wage scales) and factoring the cumulative head trauma of your typical NFL player in, that's pretty much the only real world job he could find.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you were an NFL player and had just witnessed months of negotiations dragging on, and the other side was, well, NFL owners, and those owners had an immediate vote and passed the proposed deal basically without any dissent (31-0 - the Raiders abstained, but whatever), wouldn't that kinda run a red flag up the pole and set it to snapping in the breeze?

If I were them, I'd take my time and have people who know such documents comb every page of it. If the owners are that happy, something probably smells for the players.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I hear part of the problem may be that the Exec Council of the NFLPA did not communicate well with the rest of the Team Reps and the Team Reps are angry about the deal.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Cutler apparently dumped his fiance Cavallari over the weekend. The world has yet another reason to hate on Jay. *sigh*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Anyone else find it hilarious that ESPN is still ignoring that the lockout has basically ended and a CBA has been agreed to? If you look at ESPN's headlines and developing stories it continues to say that there will be a vote today. When every other sports network has already stated that the owners and players have already agreed to a deal. Classic ESPN ignorance, refusing to report the correct stories because their "insiders" failed to be the first one's to get it.

Pretty sure they just don't want to be wrong. Why make the top story on your website something that isn't 100%? When the deal is officially done (who knows if the players could reject it again) it'll be a top story. Cool your jets on the ESPN hate there cammy

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here's the schedule I guess. Just saw on the NFL Network.

Later Today - List of available RFA's and UFA's

Tuesday - Facilities open, Trading period opens 10am ET, Teams can sign Rookies and Undrafted Rookies 10am ET

Thursday - 4:01pm ET Waiver Wire opens

Friday - 6pm ET Talk to Free Agents similar to the NBA's way of doing Free Agency. Can talk to FA's and work out a deal, just can't sign it.

Saturday - Training Camp opens

Next Thursday - League year begins and Free Agents can get signed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived