2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Ray Lewis proclaiming that crime will increase until the lockout is settled might be the best negotiating tactic the players' union has had yet. I mean, coming from Ray, that's not a prediction, that's a threat.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...Mark Ingram has bulked up a little since the draft...

markingram.jpgmarkingram2.jpg

That really is Mark Ingram but he's just goofing around at the NFL Rookie Premiere. He tweeted that he had on "about 17 Saints jerseys" for those pics.

This link has a few more photos from the premiere.

Ingram wore 32 for the shoot (and was his normal size!). His college number was 22 but Tracy Porter wears that with the Saints. Not sure whether Ingram will actually wear 32 but he did for the premiere.

RPgold2.jpg

Interesting tape job...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

After serving time for blasting himself in the leg, Plaxico Burress is now a free man.

Teams already interested in his services include the Eagles, Rams and Jets.

6uXNWAo.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess L.A. Will have a NFL Team in 2012

http://www.gensler.com/#projects/298

Um, no.

The Coliseum project has received zero money from any government entity (city, county, or state since the stadium is on state-owned land).

There's still a better chance that USC buys the property from the state and works with the current Coliseum Commission lease which runs through 2054.

Also, Gensler won the bid to design Farmers Field (if that ever gets approved).

I guess L.A. Will have a NFL Team in 2012

http://www.gensler.com/#projects/298

Bleh. Soldier Field West anyone?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ray Lewis is a moron.

Without the NFL, nothing else to do but commit crime? Does he realize what he's saying about NFL fans, or is he talking about the players?

Update: Researchers declare Lewis' prediction to be bullshiat.

Interesting too, what Lewis said about, "Yeah, walk in the streets, the way I walk the streets, and I'm not talking about the people you see all the time."

Is he admitting or declaring himself to be some kind of underworld hood?

I don't think there was ever any ambiguity about Ray Lewis being involved in some murky stuff. I mean, he probably killed a man once.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ch ch ch ch Changes time to change the name.

I've already started taking care of it on Wikipedia.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ch ch ch ch Changes time to change the name.

I've already started taking care of it on Wikipedia.

Thank god you're on it so quick.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This may just be a bit cliche but...how is it that the Seahawks and one of Seattle's more well-known businesses haven't entered into a naming rights deal yet? (Of course, I guess "Starbucks Field" or "Boeing Field"* just don't have the same ring to it.)

*yes I know Boeing is actually hq'd in Chicago--but, still...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Qwest Field in Seattle will now be known as Century Link Field. Hell

Fixed. ^_^

Today, we are all otaku.

That really, really sucks.

I'm a fan of the Season opening Thursday & Thanksgiving Thursday games and that's it! The occasional Saturday is fine, but a full season of it. Seems like overkill on once was a nice little treat.

Also I guess they won't be voting on a new CBA today. July 1st is when I think it all goes down.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived