New THQ logo

supermati

The most recent rebranding that I've been informed of is from the Video Game Company THQ (which stands for Toy Headquarters). The new logo is doing away with the italics, and that alone makes it look better in my eyes.

500x_thq_logo_redesign.jpg

It usually takes some time for me to like a new logo from a brand that I feel in some way connected with, but in this case, I liked it from the minute I saw it; maybe because I hated the old logo, or maybe because it looks pretty darn neat.

For the sake of reference, here's the old logo:

500x_old_thq_logo.jpg

What are your opinions?

The only thing that bugs me is the H, but other than that not too bad, better than Rare's redesign.

The last logo was 10 years old, WWF No Mercy was the first game I recall seein it on.

And interestingly enough playing smackdown vs raw 2011 the other day I was thinking how long THQ has had the same logo intro for their games.

I'm gonna go say this is an upgrade, makes them look fresh.

Seems more like a TV network logo than a game company logo.

Agreed. Better than what they had, but doesn't fit a game company.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

As someone who has had to work with the previous THQ logo several times, I say thank the gods. It's much nicer to look at now and will be much easier to deal with when putting it on other collateral. Though honestly, it kinda destroys any brand integrity they had. The black enclosure with a red line kinda *was* THQ...

hard to pinpoint whats going on here exactly, and why the Q is emphasized by color (other than being a trend) but i like it. i think its appropriate for a video game company. the "H" kind of reminds me of a pixel. i see part of Super Nintendo Mario in there, while the Q is free flowing and modern.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The most recent rebranding that I've been informed of is from the Video Game Company THQ (which stands for Toy Headquarters). The new logo is doing away with the italics, and that alone makes it look better in my eyes.

500x_thq_logo_redesign.jpg

It usually takes some time for me to like a new logo from a brand that I feel in some way connected with, but in this case, I liked it from the minute I saw it; maybe because I hated the old logo, or maybe because it looks pretty darn neat.

For the sake of reference, here's the old logo:

500x_old_thq_logo.jpg

What are your opinions?

We're all missing the fact the new logo is animated. Wish I was kidding, but it's animated started out from the q and working to the left.

I had a conversation with someone from THQ and asked if it was necessary, but then he promptly showed me the trailer for "Uncharted 3" where the first minute or so is just the Naughty Dog Studios logo. So I guess he got me there. The person I was talking to didn't say when we'd see it animated, but I believe their first major release with the new logo is the upcoming "You Don't Know Jack" release.

The new logo is fine. The T and the H look a bit like Tetris pieces. So I guess in a way, the logo is appropriate for a video game company. The Q doesn't look like much, but it doesn't do any harm either.

In comparisson to the old logo: Upgrade!

I mean they're the same colors, but no there is no resemblance there. And plus, I've never heard of ZeniMax in my life

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Why do people like the old Rareware logo so much? It's extremely 90s with the bright, shiny colors and gradients. The newer logo looks much better, although I could do without the text... Just have the "R" in the hexagon.

Why do people like the old Rareware logo so much? It's extremely 90s with the bright, shiny colors and gradients. The newer logo looks much better, although I could do without the text... Just have the "R" in the hexagon.

Mainly because it looks like a logo and not a display of a font face?

Then again, only reason I'd care about the Rareware logo is because I just turned my N64 on and ready for Big Head, Slapper mode only 4 person Goldeneye.

Archived