2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

That's because a :censored:ton of universities have a "The" and it should be used when listing them. It's not like anOSU has a monopoly on "The." It's "The University of Arizona," "The University of Florida," "The University of Oklahoma," etc.

Actually, we do.

No, you don't. Ohio State is not the only university with a "The" in its official name.

Yes, I'm sorry if you can't come to grips with the fact that you're actually wrong and that Arizona isn't the best university in the world (not saying we are)....We are the only university that officially has the prefix "The" in our name. Other schools may pair it, like the University of Arizona, but it is not "The" University of Arizona.

correct...no other school can claim the title of douchiest college in the nation other than tOSU

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm sorry if you can't come to grips with the fact that you're actually wrong and that Arizona isn't the best university in the world (not saying we are)....We are the only university that officially has the prefix "The" in our name. Other schools may pair it, like the University of Arizona, but it is not "The" University of Arizona.

Why is it, then, that our web style guide has stuff like this?

On the homepage, provide title tag that includes ?The University of Arizona?; on all subsequent pages, provide an appropriate title tag.
Provide a text titled "The University of Arizona" hyperlinked to www.arizona.edu

And then, there's this:

At the minimum, the homepage title tag must include ?The University of Arizona? as part of the title text. Note that the exact text must be ?The University of Arizona.? ?University of Arizona? and ?UA? is not acceptable.

The official name of the university is The University of Arizona, and we're not the only ones. Lots of schools have a "The." You're just an egotistical prick. Get the :censored: over yourself.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The official name of the university is The University of Arizona, and we're not the only ones. Lots of schools have a "The." You're just an egotistical prick. Get the :censored: over yourself.

You're a complete joke. And before you start name calling, prick, look in the mirror....but then again, if i looked like you, i wouldn't ever look in the mirror.

Secondly, while you are correct with your website saying it and them saying to use it that way, it is not officially the name of the university. Until you can provide proper documentation that says otherwise, I stand my ground by saying we are the only one to be officially and by law, named "The". So, don't act like you're the :censored:, don't pretend that arizona is the greatest school in the world, and get over yourself ugly bastard

You're a complete joke. And before you start name calling, prick, look in the mirror....but then again, if i looked like you, i wouldn't ever look in the mirror.

You're both pricks. Happy now?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

http://www.hr.arizona.edu/writing_the_advertisement#name

The official name of the institution is The University of Arizona (small case "the" is acceptable within a sentence; capitalize "The" when used in titles).

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

from that article "small case "the" is acceptable within a sentence; capitalize "The" when used in titles"

it's not officially, by law, the name, or it wouldn't be acceptable to use lowercase "the" in the name. Again, you are not officially "THE University of Arizona". All that is saying is "when referring to us, for example, say 'the University of Arizona is playing Arizona State University."

When using a title, The Arizona State is acceptable. Why? Because you always capitalize the first letter in a title.

Like I said before, until there is legal documentation, you can say that you are The University of Arizona, but you are not officially, nor legally, that name

.....Anyways, I'm just curious, is there any word on whether or not NCAA Football 12 will be bringing back (or even better, updating) teambuilder? Also, I recall last year that a few new designs were "leaked", per se, on teambuilder 11. I'm just curious to see if anything regarding teambuilder or new looks on teambuilder have surfaced.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

.....Anyways, I'm just curious, is there any word on whether or not NCAA Football 12 will be bringing back (or even better, updating) teambuilder? Also, I recall last year that a few new designs were "leaked", per se, on teambuilder 11. I'm just curious to see if anything regarding teambuilder or new looks on teambuilder have surfaced.

I would be surprised if they took TeamBuilder out. Since it's web-based, it shouldn't take up too much space on the game itself.

The official name of the institution is The University of Arizona

How much more explicit does it have to be?

Then there's this:

http://www.azleg.gov/ars/15/01601.htm

A. The Arizona board of regents shall maintain state universities at Flagstaff in Coconino county, at Tempe in Maricopa county and at Tucson in Pima county, and the universities are respectively designated northern Arizona university, Arizona state university and the university of Arizona. The board shall maintain an Arizona state university campus in western Maricopa county designated as Arizona state university west campus, which shall be identified as a separate budget unit in the general appropriations act. The board shall maintain an Arizona state university campus in eastern Maricopa county designated as Arizona state university east campus, which shall be identified as a separate budget unit in the general appropriations act. The board may establish and maintain other colleges and universities subject to legislative authority. Subject to review by the joint committee on capital review, the board may establish new campuses that are separate from any location in existence on July 1, 2007. The Arizona state university campus at Tempe shall provide administrative support for the Arizona state university campuses in western Maricopa county and in eastern Maricopa county.

State law says our name is "The University of Arizona." STFU. You're done. Before you say anything about capitalization, there are plenty of capitalization errors throughout the entire quote, and I don't know why, but you asked for state law and there it is. The name is "The University of Arizona."

The official name of the institution is The University of Arizona

How much more explicit does it have to be?

It's called them saying "Okay, we're The University of Arizona". That is not legally their name. When they officially take it to be trademarked as such and patented as such, then i'll agree with you.

Then there's this:

http://www.azleg.gov/ars/15/01601.htm

A. The Arizona board of regents shall maintain state universities at Flagstaff in Coconino county, at Tempe in Maricopa county and at Tucson in Pima county, and the universities are respectively designated northern Arizona university, Arizona state university and the university of Arizona. The board shall maintain an Arizona state university campus in western Maricopa county designated as Arizona state university west campus, which shall be identified as a separate budget unit in the general appropriations act. The board shall maintain an Arizona state university campus in eastern Maricopa county designated as Arizona state university east campus, which shall be identified as a separate budget unit in the general appropriations act. The board may establish and maintain other colleges and universities subject to legislative authority. Subject to review by the joint committee on capital review, the board may establish new campuses that are separate from any location in existence on July 1, 2007. The Arizona state university campus at Tempe shall provide administrative support for the Arizona state university campuses in western Maricopa county and in eastern Maricopa county.

State law says our name is "The University of Arizona." STFU. You're done. Before you say anything about capitalization, there are plenty of capitalization errors throughout the entire quote, and I don't know why, but you asked for state law and there it is. The name is "The University of Arizona."

Not once does it say in there that you are The University of Arizona. In that case, 'the' is used to grammatically correct the sentence because you wouldn't just say 'and university of arizona', hence the lowercase. And I asked for state law because that's why we are "The Ohio State University". It's not just said to be arrogant etc, it's because it's state law, legally, our school name

Undecided

= The gray pants actually look nice with the white jersey and helmet, but this goes against my belief that gray shouldn't be added as a feature color unless it exists in the school's palette.

= O-State vs. Cowboys. Wish they could have picked one or the other (I would have chosen Cowboys)

= I'd like to see more detail of the sleeve. It looks like the stripes have a little "style" to them that I can't quite make out

Here's a shirt that shows the sleeve stripe.... Or what I think is the sleeve stripe

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/TulsaMan72/f430dbbe.jpg

Thanks for the TulsaMan91! I like the sleeve. The little barb in the stripe is cool, not overdone, but unique.

Go Cougs.

It's not just said to be arrogant etc, it's because it's state law, legally, our school name

So you're admitting that it's also used to be arrogant. Just not primarily. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyway, I cited the relevant state law and you're just being a stubborn douche, so I'm done.

It's not just said to be arrogant etc, it's because it's state law, legally, our school name

So you're admitting that it's also used to be arrogant. Just not primarily. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyway, I cited the relevant state law and you're just being a stubborn douche, so I'm done.

First off, see how I'm acting? This is how you act all the time. So being a stubborn douche should be something you can relate to.

Secondly, I said in my first freaking post that it was done to be arrogant and say we're better. That was never disputed dip :censored:. We did this to say "we are THE Ohio (State) University". So, you never set out to prove that point.

And finally, it's pretty sad when, as you say "relevant state law" doesn't even know how to use correct capitalization, so I wouldn't expect a regular citizen such as yourself to do any better. Your school name is the 'University of Arizona'. Period. Used as a title, you put The at the front to cite proper capitalization. End of story, so you stfu and get off your high horse quasimoto

I would be surprised if they took TeamBuilder out. Since it's web-based, it shouldn't take up too much space on the game itself.

Absolutely. I hope it does stay, teambuilder was my favorite part of the past two games, and the right update (like maybe being able to upload three or four logos instead of two, more number fonts avaliable for use, and a stadium editor) would be perfect.

I just asked because I remember seeing some images (the ones of the new uniforms that were posted here) of teambuilder 11 close to this time last year, and haven't seen anything new quite yet.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived