2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

BRice16, I agree with you and I appreciate this conversation, but this does need to go the 2010-11 College Football Thread since Cuban's thought plus previous posts I have had with Lights Out were there or a new thread in Sports In General on its own. I like stadium talk and even this, but this is digression on a large scale. Leave this out and let those who really worry about uniform styles be able to discuss those changes here without such a large discord from original theme.

I was just responding to his statement. What site is this "Sports in General" forum on?

I meant this previous thread.

I guess it's just natural to get into that when talking about College Football since it's always thrown in your face.

But yeah, back on topic.....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it looks too old-timey and anachronistic for such a "modern" program. The new stadium doesn't fit the program's image as trendy outsider at all, IMO. But that's just me. Meanwhile, Boise State got it right - the design reminds me a little bit of Autzen Stadium mixed with Reser Stadium. It's an aesthetic that works with the location and the program's image.

I also don't really like the looks of that yellow brick building from the rendering, but it might look better in real life.

BTW, who's calling the new Amon G. Carter "the Camden Yards of college football"? TCU fans?

Also, the blue turf could plausibly have been called a gimmick in the '80s when it was introduced. Now, though, it's been used for so long that it has become a tradition instead of a gimmick.

Boise's stadium suits the program because it looks like a big carnival.

TCU's suits its program because it is classy. TCU won national titles and Heismans in the 30s. The stadium is the same style (and brick) as Fort Worth and the campus.

Yeah... so did about 45 other schools.

Edit- 29, to be exact.

Which has NOTHING to do with the point I was making, but thanks for sharing.

I just think it looks too old-timey and anachronistic for such a "modern" program. The new stadium doesn't fit the program's image as trendy outsider at all, IMO. But that's just me. Meanwhile, Boise State got it right - the design reminds me a little bit of Autzen Stadium mixed with Reser Stadium. It's an aesthetic that works with the location and the program's image.

I also don't really like the looks of that yellow brick building from the rendering, but it might look better in real life.

BTW, who's calling the new Amon G. Carter "the Camden Yards of college football"? TCU fans?

Also, the blue turf could plausibly have been called a gimmick in the '80s when it was introduced. Now, though, it's been used for so long that it has become a tradition instead of a gimmick.

TCU's suits its program because it is classy. TCU won national titles and Heismans in the 30s. The stadium is the same style (and brick) as Fort Worth and the campus.

Yeah. There wasn't a corupt system that basically picked teams to play in it's championship game back then....

It doesn't take anything away from the program's history.

I'm not even going to entertain what you just said... haha bless

Since you seem to care so much, TCU was also awarded a National Championship this past season, but it wasn't relevant which is why I didn't mention it.

Yeah. There wasn't a corupt system that basically picked teams to play in it's championship game back then....

Since you seem to care so much, TCU was also awarded a National Championship this past season, but it wasn't relevant which is why I didn't mention it.

Okay, I'll bite. What entity awarded TCU a title for the 2010 Season? I'm guessing it was the Fort Worth Sports Writers' Association or a regional entity because it isn't claimed on their Wikipedia page:

TCU Football

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethanewheels/3944338117/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Okay, I'll bite. What entity awarded TCU a title for the 2010 Season? I'm guessing it was the Fort Worth Sports Writers' Association or a regional entity because it isn't claimed on their Wikipedia page:

TCU Football

That's Wikipedia. Not exactly good source material. And I didn't hear of ANYONE awarding ANYTHING to TCU last year.

Now back to uniforms.....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

TCU Football

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Looks like Auburn will have blue pants this year. Also..looks like South Carolina will have new uniforms as well.

These screen shots were just released by EA Sports

216189_10150161993742280_90440037279_6619358_7687041_n.jpg

206866_10150161993562280_90440037279_6619352_7139503_n.jpg

206745_10150161993692280_90440037279_6619357_3978890_n.jpg

208179_10150161993617280_90440037279_6619354_398428_n.jpg

Wow, the screenshots look really nice! I'm undecided on Auburn's (potentially) navy blue pants. I think their traditional white on white look is pretty classy.

South Carolina's whites look good and their jerseys look less busy than in previous years, though I am a fan of their garnet pants.

Go Cougs.

The thing I like about the blue pants is the thin blue stripe between the thicker orange and white stripes. If they actually wear these pants, there's no excuse for the white pants not to match the striping on the helmet and jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The thing I like about the blue pants is the thin blue stripe between the thicker orange and white stripes. If they actually wear these pants, there's no excuse for the white pants not to match the striping on the helmet and jerseys.

Texas has helmet numerals on this pic:

NCAAblog-003-YearTwo-IMAGE-01-FULL.jpg

That's because whoever took that pic put them in their 2009 Pro Combat helmet and pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the game looks like it's going to be awesome this year!

Also, I'm thinking Under Armour has a new jersey cut they are going to use...it appears to be the same for South Carolina and Auburn. The numbers on the front of the jerseys are pretty small compared to the other teams with screenshots. That might also explain the altered looking sleeve stripse for Auburn...b/c from what I've seen EA has done a superb job of replicating uniforms down to the finest details.

And, we know UA has a newer uniform cut b/c the all-american game featured them...which might explain the wordmark on Auburns arse

Also, I'm thinking Under Armour has a new jersey cut they are going to use...it appears to be the same for South Carolina and Auburn. The numbers on the front of the jerseys are pretty small compared to the other teams with screenshots. That might also explain the altered looking sleeve stripse for Auburn...b/c from what I've seen EA has done a superb job of replicating uniforms down to the finest details.

And, we know UA has a newer uniform cut b/c the all-american game featured them...which might explain the wordmark on Auburns arse

In sports and real life I've never liked assmarks.

In sports and real life I've never liked assmarks.

Second.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived