2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

When did Nike hire Rick Moranis to model their new unis?

GoodIsDumb-DarkHelmet.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Temple brought back the white split-T on the cherry helmet (with no helmet stripes this time) for spring game. I'm assuming this will continue for the fall.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

really like that black uni. i dig the O State word mark. its a good solution to establishing the team without the long "OKLAHOMA STATE" text and theres no confusion about who it is.

The Cowboys wordmark, the team logo, or nothing at all would have been preferable to the O State stuff.

Other then that though, it's a nice upgrade.

really like that black uni. i dig the O State word mark. its a good solution to establishing the team without the long "OKLAHOMA STATE" text and theres no confusion about who it is.

The Cowboys wordmark, the team logo, or nothing at all would have been preferable to the O State stuff.

Other then that though, it's a nice upgrade.

Agreed. O State is terrible.

Two OSU teams, both wear black and orange, and one uses O State. No, not that one, the other one. How is there no confusion?

How is "O State" better than "Oklahoma State","Cowboys" or nothing? I don't like "OK State", because it's a great state! :)

Two OSU teams, both wear black and orange, and one uses O State. No, not that one, the other one. How is there no confusion?

How is "O State" better than "Oklahoma State","Cowboys" or nothing? I don't like "OK State", because it's a great state! :)

Add the 3rd (actually the 1st) OSU as in Ohio State and it's a cluster %$^&. Oklahome State should be promoting ttheir "Cowboys" image. O-Boys...haha

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Add the 3rd (actually the 1st) OSU as in Ohio State and it's a cluster %$^&. Oklahome State should be promoting ttheir "Cowboys" image. O-Boys...haha

Ohio State is tOSU not OSU

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Only in online forums and etc. :hockeysmiley:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Pros

+ Sleek, uncluttered design

+ Like the contrasting under sleeves

+ White jersey with white pants combination

+ Orange jersey with orange pants combination

+ Black facemasks on the white helmet

Cons

- Black jersey with black pants

- Black helmet

Undecided

= The gray pants actually look nice with the white jersey and helmet, but this goes against my belief that gray shouldn't be added as a feature color unless it exists in the school's palette.

= O-State vs. Cowboys. Wish they could have picked one or the other (I would have chosen Cowboys)

= I'd like to see more detail of the sleeve. It looks like the stripes have a little "style" to them that I can't quite make out

Go Cougs.

Not so fast.

Coincidentally enough, I was just going through my handy University career guide (for Kennesaw State University)...and a resume sample is posted in there with an example for listing colleges.

The sample uses: The Ohio State University

I found that really intriguing.

Not so fast.

Coincidentally enough, I was just going through my handy University career guide (for Kennesaw State University)...and a resume sample is posted in there with an example for listing colleges.

The academics side of the campus has always used this logo:

OSU%20Logo.jpg

So, The Ohio State University is correct. But as for "tOSU", that only shows up during online discussions...never on TV or in magazines/newspapaers.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Pros

Cons

- Black helmet

Undecided

= The gray pants actually look nice with the white jersey and helmet, but this goes against my belief that gray shouldn't be added as a feature color unless it exists in the school's palette.

= O-State vs. Cowboys. Wish they could have picked one or the other (I would have chosen Cowboys)

= I'd like to see more detail of the sleeve. It looks like the stripes have a little "style" to them that I can't quite make out

Here's a shirt that shows the sleeve stripe.... Or what I think is the sleeve stripe

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/TulsaMan72/f430dbbe.jpg

Thunder.gif

Not so fast.

That's because a :censored:ton of universities have a "The" and it should be used when listing them. It's not like anOSU has a monopoly on "The." It's "The University of Arizona," "The University of Florida," "The University of Oklahoma," etc.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pros

Cons

- Black helmet

Undecided

Here's a shirt that shows the sleeve stripe.... Or what I think is the sleeve stripe

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/TulsaMan72/f430dbbe.jpg

pretty funny slogan for a team who just added a black helmet, black facemask, black jersey, black pants and anthracite pants.

Not so fast.

That's because a :censored:ton of universities have a "The" and it should be used when listing them. It's not like anOSU has a monopoly on "The." It's "The University of Arizona," "The University of Florida," "The University of Oklahoma," etc.

On a resume, though, people normally don't include "The". It's always "BA in Business Administration, University of Arizona, Spring 2008". Something to that effect.

What's weird is while you might say "The University of Arizona" or "The University of Florida", you'll never say or see "The Oklahoma State University", or "The Washington State University", except for tOSU.

Actually, we do. It happened when we and OU had a dispute over the phrase "Ohio" which we use for the name of our stadium, chants, etc and is obviously the name of their university. On Dec. 16, 1997 the university filed to officially change the name to 'The Ohio State University' with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. I will admit though, it was egotistical and cocky and we did it to one-up OU, but it is officially our school name, hence why it's all over campus, why we write it that way on resumes, and it's on our diplomas, etc.

Actually, we do.

No, you don't. Ohio State is not the only university with a "The" in its official name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Actually, we do.

No, you don't. Ohio State is not the only university with a "The" in its official name.

Yes, I'm sorry if you can't come to grips with the fact that you're actually wrong and that Arizona isn't the best university in the world (not saying we are)....We are the only university that officially has the prefix "The" in our name. Other schools may pair it, like the University of Arizona, but it is not "The" University of Arizona.

Archived