2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Yes, I finally get to see virtual Stoops screaming on the sidelines!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for an expansion on TeamBuilder. I feel like all indications from last year were that TB would stay and be improved for this year. Guess we'll see

There is so much they could improve on. Despite what I say on here about Oregon, I do want to make at least a couple of my teams Oregon-esque with a :censored:ton of different combinations, and a stadium builder is sorely needed.

If I want UC Oceanside to have four helmets, four jerseys, four pants and a 100,000-seat stadium that I designed myself, I should be able to. It's not like it'd be impossible to allow players to do the uniform combinations, and they've got a good stadium builder in Madden that they could make so much better by making it a web application.

Also, I'm hoping that they finally get Arizona's crowd right (it should be 99% red and they've always gotten the location of the Zoo wrong) and I'm betting our new 2nd-largest-in-the-NCAA-if-you-only-count-college-exclusive-stadiums video board won't be in since it hasn't been installed for real yet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the game looks like it's going to be awesome this year!

Also, I'm thinking Under Armour has a new jersey cut they are going to use...it appears to be the same for South Carolina and Auburn. The numbers on the front of the jerseys are pretty small compared to the other teams with screenshots. That might also explain the altered looking sleeve stripse for Auburn...b/c from what I've seen EA has done a superb job of replicating uniforms down to the finest details.

And, we know UA has a newer uniform cut b/c the all-american game featured them...which might explain the wordmark on Auburns arse

In sports and real life I've never liked assmarks.

Yoga pants excluded.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I just think it looks too old-timey and anachronistic for such a "modern" program. The new stadium doesn't fit the program's image as trendy outsider at all, IMO. But that's just me. Meanwhile, Boise State got it right - the design reminds me a little bit of Autzen Stadium mixed with Reser Stadium. It's an aesthetic that works with the location and the program's image.

I also don't really like the looks of that yellow brick building from the rendering, but it might look better in real life.

BTW, who's calling the new Amon G. Carter "the Camden Yards of college football"? TCU fans?

Also, the blue turf could plausibly have been called a gimmick in the '80s when it was introduced. Now, though, it's been used for so long that it has become a tradition instead of a gimmick.

Boise's stadium suits the program because it looks like a big carnival.

TCU's suits its program because it is classy. TCU won national titles and Heismans in the 30s. The stadium is the same style (and brick) as Fort Worth and the campus.

Yeah... so did about 45 other schools.

Yeah. There wasn't a corupt system that basically picked teams to play in it's championship game back then....

It doesn't take anything away from the program's history.

I'm not even going to entertain what you just said... haha bless

Since you seem to care so much, TCU was also awarded a National Championship this past season, but it wasn't relevant which is why I didn't mention it.

auburn-BCS.jpg

Oh really? Sorry I forgot I saw Gene Chizik and Nick Fairley holding the crystal ball over their heads January 10th, not Andy Dalton. Now, let's get back on topic.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I just think it looks too old-timey and anachronistic for such a "modern" program. The new stadium doesn't fit the program's image as trendy outsider at all, IMO. But that's just me. Meanwhile, Boise State got it right - the design reminds me a little bit of Autzen Stadium mixed with Reser Stadium. It's an aesthetic that works with the location and the program's image.

I also don't really like the looks of that yellow brick building from the rendering, but it might look better in real life.

BTW, who's calling the new Amon G. Carter "the Camden Yards of college football"? TCU fans?

Also, the blue turf could plausibly have been called a gimmick in the '80s when it was introduced. Now, though, it's been used for so long that it has become a tradition instead of a gimmick.

Boise's stadium suits the program because it looks like a big carnival.

TCU's suits its program because it is classy. TCU won national titles and Heismans in the 30s. The stadium is the same style (and brick) as Fort Worth and the campus.

Yeah... so did about 45 other schools.

Yeah. There wasn't a corupt system that basically picked teams to play in it's championship game back then....

It doesn't take anything away from the program's history.

I'm not even going to entertain what you just said... haha bless

Since you seem to care so much, TCU was also awarded a National Championship this past season, but it wasn't relevant which is why I didn't mention it.

auburn-BCS.jpg

Oh really? Sorry I forgot I saw Gene Chizik and Nick Fairley holding the crystal ball over their heads January 10th, not Andy Dalton. Now, let's get back on topic.

Enjoy it while you can. It won't be in Auburn for long. And you're lucky you didn't have to play TCU. You wouldn't have beat them with the effort you put out vs. Oregon.

Enjoy it while you can. It won't be in Auburn for long. And you're lucky you didn't have to play TCU. You wouldn't have beat them with the effort you put out vs. Oregon.

Can you two please take it to the college football thread?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived