Does/has Miami used different oranges in their history?

Steve03Merc

The first pic certainly appears to me like they're wearing a red jersey, while the third pic looks very much like an orange jersey. So I'm going to infer they have changed their colors over time, but as you stated, it could just be a trick of the light in the photos.

Just some advice, try to be a bit more specific with topic titles.

I see "Miami" and "orange" it could either mean U of Miami Hurricanes or Miami Dolphins.

Really? Does that piss you off that much?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

More than likely it has changed. Here are their current athletic colors:

MiamiUOf-FL_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I've said this before, but I have found that the majority of collegiate athletic programs don't necessarily adhere to color standards. At least, not as much as professional teams do.

I should also mention that the Orange that the Hurricanes currently use wasn't even present in the Pantone catalog prior to 1987.

Just some advice, try to be a bit more specific with topic titles.

I see "Miami" and "orange" it could either mean U of Miami Hurricanes or Miami Dolphins.

Based on the topic title, and just to be a smart :censored: like I usually am, I was going to say that there is probably quite a variety of orange hues across the city of Miami.

believew.jpg

storm gray and silver gray? this is something I did not know. Man, I'm going to have some fun with them in my college football series then...

Its from the "swirling" ibis logo, thats it.

Just look at the style guide...(page 60)

http://www7.miami.edu/ftp/umidentity/downloads/UMiami_IDguide_070909.pdf

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

storm gray and silver gray? this is something I did not know. Man, I'm going to have some fun with them in my college football series then...

I like how they have silver and grey in the style guide. Since, everyone around here likes to blame Nike for schools using those colors. When it's actually on Miami's style guide.

man, talk about a serious style guide! TornadoGTS, you might want to fix the "horizontal line" on your avatar before the University catches you!!!!!!!! :grin:

I like how they have silver and grey in the style guide. Since, everyone around here likes to blame Nike for schools using those colors. When it's actually on Miami's style guide.

Yeah but its only for that one logo, I doubt Miami would consider it a school color, or use it in athletics. But I guess technically it opens the door for some wacky Pro Combat concepts :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Dude, I have been saying this for years. Nike only does what they do because the schools allow them to do it. If they could change Ohio State, Alabama, USC or any other other traditional powers that they outfit, dont you think they would do it? Of course they would. But those schools only let them get away with so much. The schools such as Miami and others let them do what they want, and they do.

Yeah but its only for that one logo, I doubt Miami would consider it a school color, or use it in athletics. But I guess technically it opens the door for some wacky Pro Combat concepts :P

They used to use that color in baseball. Their grey jersey (which they almost never wore) was storm outside of the placket piping, and silver inside it. Looked like pajamas. They also had a hat...green crown, swirling ibis logo, storm grey bill.

Archived