MLB 11: The Show Uniforms

rmackman

Every year MLB: The Show is a great game, but there are always throwback uniform flaws, and a few current uniform flaws. I started a thread over on the MLB 11: The Show website's message boards, and I found out that some of the guys that work for the company actually read this stuff (who knew?). This is my thread: http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=4094

As I consider you guys the best eyes when it comes to uniforms and logos, I'd love to have your help. If you play the MLB: The Show series, and this is something that would interest you, please feel free to post on my thread. Let's get Sony to see their mistakes. If your favorite team was created aesthetically wrong in the last game, mention it here. If your favorite throwback wasn't used, mention it here. Thanks!

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=4094

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operation Sports Forum

I know that before The Show 10 was released a lot of the game's developers were on these forums getting feedback from gamers. I haven't been on that forum for at least 9 months so I don't know if the developers are still frequenting but it would be a good place to start.

Hope that helps.

Nice. I'll post on there too. Thanks!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

No offense, BgMack, but don't you think it's a little late in the game to post uniform mistakes? The game is released in what, 6 weeks? BTW, I'm all for what you're trying to do, I play The Show...but I just don't know if the art team can fix all the mistakes before the game goes gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm on the Operation Sports boards quite a bit, and I think their big focus on uniforms this year was on the new mix-'n-match feature. You'll be able to switch hats, jerseys and pants (but not undershirts and socks as they are attached to said jerseys and pants). Most of the stuff is locked in at this point though.

So I actually got a hold of one of the guys. He sent me a private message,and told me he'd be happy to work with me on this. Unfortunately with MLB 11 so close to release, it would be hard to make any changes to it. However, once the game is released, he's invited me to go through each team, pick apart the flaws, and get a report back to him. If you guys would like to help me, maybe we could split it up, say 4 teams per person, and come up with a detailed report regarding the current and throwback uniform flaws. After that, I'll keep a recommendations page so that if there are any future throwbacks we want, they can try to add them.

spacer.png

they should fix the "C"s on the shoulders of the blackhawks jerseys in the nhl series

Can't really help with that. MLB 11: The Show is made by Sony. NHL 11 is made by EA Sports. Different companies.

spacer.png

it would be amazing to see Sony try to expand their sports game creation. MLB The Show has been the best sports game...last years might have been the best sports video game ever. they are awesome.

just reminds me how much it sucks to own an xbox...

You do realize Sony used to make pretty mediocre NBA (The Inside) and NHL (Faceoff) games, and a pretty bad NFL game, right??

The problem with MLB: The Show's retro uniforms is that a lot of them are made up. During a created career I was playing for the Red Sox. The "alternate/retro" uniform was the exact same as the normal home version, except the Red Sox script was the chubby bastardized version shown here:

87352100.gif

I also played for the Padres, every retro/alternate version used Impact for the numbers instead of the University Gothic version we normally associate with the Winfield/Garvey years.

The Phillies uniforms were also plagued with the current style numbers used on the Mike Schmidt-era throwbacks.

I've read that the graphic team uses official MLB files to create the graphics, but I can't imagine it adding much more space in the game to include a few extra font files to get the uniforms as accurate as possible.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here's the uniforms that I want to see on MLB 11

83 White Sox

87-90 White Sox

87-92 Mariners

82-92 Angels

94-99 Astros

82-86 Braves

85-93 Giants

72-84 Padres

85-90 Padres

Great list. Maybe add in late 80s/early 90s Pirates (Bonilla and Bonds-era), along with a couple other late 80s/early 90s sets (Cardinals, Rangers, Blue Jays and Indians (as BgMack posted)).

The problem with MLB: The Show's retro uniforms is that a lot of them are made up. During a created career I was playing for the Red Sox. The "alternate/retro" uniform was the exact same as the normal home version, except the Red Sox script was the chubby bastardized version shown here:

87352100.gif

I also played for the Padres, every retro/alternate version used Impact for the numbers instead of the University Gothic version we normally associate with the Winfield/Garvey years.

The Phillies uniforms were also plagued with the current style numbers used on the Mike Schmidt-era throwbacks.

I've read that the graphic team uses official MLB files to create the graphics, but I can't imagine it adding much more space in the game to include a few extra font files to get the uniforms as accurate as possible.

I do wonder how they manage to get it so wrong when it comes to the current and more specifically throwback jerseys? I mean, it's not like we're talking about the 1896 Cincinnati Red Stockings. Most of these jerseys can be seen in not just pictures, but on places like MLB Network. If a color was slightly off, by maybe half a shade, I could understand that, but these are huge differences. I truly wonder though, how their graphics and research/development department can fail so miserably at such a simple task? It would be like putting standard block lettering and numbers on Seattle's current uniforms... no, not even close...

Here's the uniforms that I want to see on MLB 11

83 White Sox

87-90 White Sox

87-92 Mariners

82-92 Angels

94-99 Astros

82-86 Braves

85-93 Giants

72-84 Padres

85-90 Padres

Great list. Maybe add in late 80s/early 90s Pirates (Bonilla and Bonds-era), along with a couple other late 80s/early 90s sets (Cardinals, Rangers, Blue Jays and Indians (as BgMack posted)).

Thank WSU and I like your idea plus I wanna see the 91-02 Padres sets and the Cubs blue road uni from the 80s and the Dodgers 80s road uniform.!

What about the old teal Marlins uni's?

Now your talking Griffin I thought the Marlins teal unis was already in the game! =)

It is, but they screwed it up. We'll see if they fix it this year. If not, I have a way to get their attention. =)

spacer.png

What about the old teal Marlins uni's?

Now your talking Griffin I thought the Marlins teal unis was already in the game! =)

It is, but they screwed it up. We'll see if they fix it this year. If not, I have a way to get their attention. =)

Oh yeah Mack what's your plan? =)

Archived