UNLV's proposed stadium

BigMac12

UNLV is looking at budget cuts (5-10%) and there will be public hearings on Saturday.

It is still Satiama Super Arena.

Las Vegas may have the union workers currently there for this project, but is hotels are not getting built and they have the highest foreclosure rate in the USA, who do this project? Really tell me, BigMac12.

I don't know. I'm just reporting what this site is wanting to do.

I just reported your report for not having an opinion. Jeez, why can't the mods enforce the rules to make things more enjoyable around here?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the UNLV stadium:

I think 20,000 seats is kinda big for an area for Las Vegas. 18,000 would be enough.

It is expandable, so grow up and think how the university (which will still grow with on-campus housing as they would like a "campus community") and the private investors (which still think people will move there) are thinking.

Jim856796

I think 20,000 seats is kinda big for an area for Las Vegas. 18,000 would be enough.

It is expandable, so grow up and think how the university (which will still grow with on-campus housing as they would like a "campus community") and the private investors (which still think people will move there) are thinking.

Jim856796

I think you just copy and pasted someone else's opinion and left his name there by accident.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Jim856796

I think you just copy and pasted someone else's opinion and left his name there by accident.

Hey wilson, can you email me your choice for the ULB's next owner to crashcarson15@gmail.com by Monday at 11:59 PM? (Sorry for spamming the thread)

But anyways, yes it does look like dfwabel did that. Maybe that's why only 1/3 of his posts make sense.

6fQjS3M.png

Jim856796

I placed that tag there on purpose as that person is just as annoying at skyscraper city in terms of what cities should do with their funds and facilities.

It's a nice idea to centralize everything, but I don't see how they'll get funding for at least a few years.

It should add an interesting look to the LV cityscape. People who haven't been to LV have no idea just how clustered everything is. UNLV is across the street from the airport, and the Strip is just beyond the airport fence. The new arena would fit right in.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Las Vegas has been losing fights, MMA events, Basketball Tournaments, Conventions, and any number of events because of a lack of world class arena. The National Finals Rodeo which is Vital to the Las Vegas Economy draws 250,000 people over a ten day period every November and is looking to relocate to Dallas. Las Vegas life blood is hosting these weekend events. Even without an "anchor" professional sports franchise for the project the New Arena is needed.

Do this, relocate the Coyotes and Suns to Vegas and you wouldn't have to change a thing about them. Problem solved.

I like it. Then you make jobing.com arena a parking lot for tailgating. It will get more people that way.

Do this, relocate the Coyotes and Suns to Vegas and you wouldn't have to change a thing about them. Problem solved.

Coyotes I agree could benefit from a new location. But I suspect that new location will have a decidedly Canadian look, not another desert location. As for the Suns, why move a team that's doing ok at home when you have several NBA teams struggling to survive in their current cities?

Las Vegas has been losing fights, MMA events, Basketball Tournaments, Conventions, and any number of events because of a lack of world class arena.

I don't know about that. The MWC basketball tournament is still held at Thomas and Mack every year, even though it could be held at "world class" arenas in Denver, Salt Lake and Dallas.

MMA fights are usually done at Mandalay Bay or MGM anyway...not every MMA fight will be held in Vegas.

You're still going to have plenty of conventions and tourists in Vegas. Vegas will still be Vegas if it doesn't have a super-duper arena. People will stil be 21, and people will still be having parties and/or getting married.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like it. Then you make jobing.com arena a parking lot for tailgating. It will get more people that way.

dead-horse-fast2.gif

Why is Disney on Ice suddenly a major configuration that needs to be highlighted?

Let's not forget about the Trans-Siberian Orchestra either! Shocked it didn't include the set up for Yanni or the Wiggles.

I always thought the NFL should build a Super Bowl Stadium and hotel complex in Las Vegas and have the Super Bowl and a weekly NFL game there too. A road trip to Vegas every other year would be an easy sell.

As for the "funkyness" hey it is Vegas...they have the New York Skyline,Venice,Pyramids,a Castle and a mall with a UFO over top. So really...it fits in quite well.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

How much do you guys think it would cost to just air-lift Jobing.com Arena to Vegas?

With or without a typical Coyotes crowd inside? Not that it would increase the weight substantially... (sorry I had to get an attendance joke in there).

Archived