2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well were you old enough to really experience Nascar on ESPN the first time? Not being obnoxious, just wondering.

Jenkins, RIP BP, and Ned Jarrett were legends, I was even partial to Eli Gold and Buddy Baker on TNN. How can anyone forget about Ken Squire? That voice is like Keith Jackson worthy.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I never thought Bob Jenkins was all that good, nor do I think the blimp that is Mike Joy today is all that good. I never watched many races on TNN because Buddy Baker annoyed me like no other. Wally Dallenbach is okay as a color guy. He's about as good of a color guy as he was as a Cup driver and that's not saying much of anything. If Dallenbach was dropped from the broadcast it'd be so much better. I think he's only there because someone thought you had to have 3 guys in a racing booth. Heck, he brings as much to the broadcast as Rusty Wallace does on commenting on his son wrecking someone again.... absolutely nothing.

he brings as much to the broadcast as Rusty Wallace does on commenting on his son wrecking someone again.... absolutely nothing.

If you're referring to the Nationwide race at New Hampshire, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one that caught that...

he brings as much to the broadcast as Rusty Wallace does on commenting on his son wrecking someone again.... absolutely nothing.

If you're referring to the Nationwide race at New Hampshire, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one that caught that...

Yes, I am, but it's not the only time he's glossed over his son wrecking someone. Rusty Wallace needs to be fired. He can NOT provide unbias analysis when his son is out there competing... well wrecking everyone. It's a conflict of interest and ESPN has NO credibility with him anywhere near the track.

Yes, I am, but it's not the only time he's glossed over his son wrecking someone. Rusty Wallace needs to be fired. He can NOT provide unbias analysis when his son is out there competing... well wrecking everyone. It's a conflict of interest and ESPN has NO credibility with him anywhere near the track.

I'll just say in my opinion, ever since ESPN/ABC originally lost some of the nascar rights back in 2000, The broadcast booths for Fox, TNT and ESPN especially just don't cut it in my book. To me Fox has the best booth but that isn't saying much. I'm glad ESPN is puttin Allen back in upstairs, I think right now he's the best main broadcaster for the sport. Marty Reid should've stuck with NHRA.

Uhh. Ned Jarrett was in the booth for years and there was not issue. In 1993, Ned did root for his son plus Squire let Ned call the last lap.

"He's gonna make it. Dale Jarrett is going to win the Daytona 500!!!"

I was watching with my dad tonight. The pastor had to make some money in product placement on that one. Some of the drivers were trying to hold back laughter as well.

I was watching with my dad tonight. The pastor had to make some money in product placement on that one. Some of the drivers were trying to hold back laughter as well.

He is making money (today) Sunday!

Coincidentally, ESPN's Steve Burns talked with baby holding Elliott Sadler about the importance of the anthem and invocation.

Even the Bible Belt has to include sponsors and trick it up a prayer.

Uhh. Ned Jarrett was in the booth for years and there was not issue. In 1993, Ned did root for his son plus Squire let Ned call the last lap.

There's a huge difference with that. Ned Jarrett was a professional and the producers told him to call Dale home, otherwise Ned was going to be the professional he has always been. There's a reason that Ned Jarrett was called "Gentleman" Ned and why DW told Rusty to choke on that $200,000. First of all, Rusty shouldn't be in the booth as he's horrible and can't do anything but talk about himself and gives absolutely no insight into the sport or heck, even owning a team. There is nothing that Rusty brings to the booth except that he's a name. On the other hand you have Dale Jarrett (ironically) who is a true professional. Heck, even DW brings more to the table than Rusty does. Heck, your dog brings more to the broadcast than Rusty does. At a time like this is when we need Jimmy Spencer to be in the broadcast booth instead of Rusty and hand out the crying towels to Rusty for all the money Steven costs Rusty.

Such a good race that 1993 500 was. Also was that Glenn Jarrett as well in the booth or on pit road?

Similar to DW calling Michael's win in 2001. Only to be overshadowed by the darkest moment in NASCAR history.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Best invocation ever?????

Boogity Boogity Amen... Priceless.

All he did was to repeat lines from Talladega Nights, when Ricky Bobby said grace. Just not, "little baby Jesus" lines.

What this shows is that no one cares about the invocations, and that 95% of the people tune them out. As a religious person, the invoactions are all the same monotone and just mixing up the phrases. I bet if you took the invocations from all the races over the years, it's the same words uttered over and over again with one or two of them changed. That's the real problem, everyone just goes through the motions and gives the same basic prayer. There's no heart in the prayers. That's what made Joe Gibbs' grandson's prayer a couple years ago at the All Star race, that much more special, because it was from the heart.

Well, I was impressed with the Brickyard 400 today. Glad to see Menard win a Sprint Cup race. It also looks like that Carl may be close to that deal with JGR but Roush & Ford are getting involved for a last ditch effort.

on jayski.com

DONE DEAL? Edwards says the only contract he's signed was his last one with Jack Roush three years ago. Whether there's a current contract or not, the latest scuttlebutt has Edwards driving the #20 Home Depot Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing in 2012 for a staggering amount of money -- $8 million as a base, plus a $10 million signing bonus.

Ford Racing has gone to what officials call unprecedented measures to help Roush Fenway Racing keep #99-Carl Edwards from going to the Toyota team of Joe Gibbs Racing.

Let the speculation commence.

baltimoreravens.png

Well, I was impressed with the Brickyard 400 today. Glad to see Menard win a Sprint Cup race. It also looks like that Carl may be close to that deal with JGR but Roush & Ford are getting involved for a last ditch effort.

on jayski.com

DONE DEAL? Edwards says the only contract he's signed was his last one with Jack Roush three years ago. Whether there's a current contract or not, the latest scuttlebutt has Edwards driving the #20 Home Depot Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing in 2012 for a staggering amount of money -- $8 million as a base, plus a $10 million signing bonus.

Ford Racing has gone to what officials call unprecedented measures to help Roush Fenway Racing keep #99-Carl Edwards from going to the Toyota team of Joe Gibbs Racing.

Let the speculation commence.

That race was all about fuel strategy, but Kahne was fast enough that he should have won.

*- Reba looked fantastic!

*- The new 42 crew chief talks more on the radio than Chad.

Archived