2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually there was an indoor track I think either in Pittsburgh or New Jersey. Of course the Chili Bowl held each February for Sprint Cars is indoors and has been for 25 years. It's five days of action in a small arena. It can be done. To have an indoor track, you don't need walls, you just need a roof and you have maybe only front and back stretch seating.

Why would you want a racetrack indoors? You'd need a ridiculous amount of a venting system just to make it so that the competitors don't suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Forget the competitors what about the fans?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Could they somehow slap a roof on Bristol? I mean hell, it already looks like a massive football stadium:

Bristol-Motor-Speedway.jpg

No they can't. They already have issues with carbon monoxide because of it being enclosed. That's actually one of the worst tracks on the circuit for dealing with carbon monoxide, so I know there's no way they'd ever put a roof on that place.

So, Smoke wins his 2nd race of the year and the 2nd race of the chase thanks to fuel milage. Points leading into Dover:

1. Tony Stewart

2. Kevin Harvick (-7)

3. Brad Keselowski (-11)

4. Carl Edwards (-14)

5. Jeff Gordon (-23)

6. Kyle Busch (-26)

7. Matt Kenseth (-26)

8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-26)

9. Kurt Busch (-28)

10. Jimmie Johnson (-29)

11. Ryan Newman (-34)

12. Denny Hamlin (-66)

It's the lowest Johnson's ever been in the chase, but I don't think we can count him out just yet. However, Stewart's looking good and the last person to win the title since Johnson was Tony. I think after Talladega, we'll have a better picture of how it's going to wrap up.

So, Smoke wins his 2nd race of the year and the 2nd race of the chase thanks to fuel milage. Points leading into Dover:

1. Tony Stewart

2. Kevin Harvick (-7)

3. Brad Keselowski (-11)

4. Carl Edwards (-14)

5. Jeff Gordon (-23)

6. Kyle Busch (-26)

7. Matt Kenseth (-26)

8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-26)

9. Kurt Busch (-28)

10. Jimmie Johnson (-29)

11. Ryan Newman (-34)

12. Denny Hamlin (-66)

It's the lowest Johnson's ever been in the chase, but I don't think we can count him out just yet. However, Stewart's looking good and the last person to win the title since Johnson was Tony. I think after Talladega, we'll have a better picture of how it's going to wrap up.

After Talladega? Why not go out on a limb and say after Homestead we'll have a better picture of how it's going to wrap up? The thing is Talladega is before Martinsville and a newly repaved and configured Phoenix which no one has notes for. So you have those three wild cards at the end of the season, so truthfully if you're anywhere within a 43 points from the lead going into Talladega, those three tracks can put you in the lead or way out of it. Heck, as much as people want to say Denny Hamlin's out of it, if these were the points going into Talladega, with one wreck he could be top 5 and then another bad race by the leaders at Martinsville he could be in the lead.

Jimmie wins in Kansas & only trails the championship by 4 points behind Harvick & Edwards.

Edit: Oh & NASCAR.... MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/111009/bfrance-kansas-austin-montreal/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR racing on the Formula 1 road course being constructed in Austin, Texas? It's a possibility, series chairman Brian France said Sunday at Kansas Speedway.

"There's a new facility on the horizon, if you believe what is being written about, which is down in Texas, with a big road course," France said in one of his occasional briefings with reporters. "We have some road-racing products that might be possible, too. Yeah, we'll take a look at that for sure."

baltimoreravens.png

Archived