2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

BK2 making the blue deuce look like it's 1998 again at Bristol! I've been looking for a new driver to cheer for since Rusty hung it up. I think BK might just get my vote.

This kid is for real, and he will make the Chase and be a threat! Because as of right now, if he makes it, he'll go into Chicago as the second guy in points because of his 3 wins.

Yeah, he looks good now, but now doesn't matter in three weeks. The Chase is what matters and we've seen streaks during the season before. Remember how good Carl looked earlier this year? Remember how Harv-penis was the closer and now looks like a chump? Yep. And I figure in towards the end of October, BK will fade away like they all do. I'm impressed by the maturity in Brad, but I chuckle when people start talking about how such and such a driver could be a title contender. No one is a title contender until someone beats the #48 and stops the title streak. Oh yeah, where did Jimmie finish? Yep, that's right, 4th. He's right on track for number 6. It's like the movie Groundhog Day, it keeps playing over and over again and nothing changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are your thoughts of Nascar having laps 9-11 silent?

NASCAR has a reputation of being one of the most patriotic sports out there. So for this to happen was a great way to show that we haven't forgotten & to honor the lives that were lost on that tragic day.

:flagusa:

Now on to the race in my backyard, I think when Little E bumped into Clint, I think that sealed his chase dreams. Then again, its too early to tell right now.

baltimoreravens.png

Looks like Harvick's finally got his mojo back! Looked great all night and this time around he led a ton all night instead of just the final few laps. Hopefully the summer slump is behind them heading into the Chase.

Oh, and Kurt Busch is a moron. I'm sure oddball can go into a rant about this in further detail, but if Busch thinks messing with Jimmie Johnson's a good idea, he's got another thing coming. And I don't mean getting punted into the wall, I mean getting outperformed, big time.

As for handicapping the Chase, obviously until he loses one of these things, 5-Time's the favorite. It could be an interesting one to say the least though. All season long it seemed like Edwards, Kyle Busch, Gordon, Johnson, Harvick, and Kenseth were all tightly together and a step above everyone else. Brad Keslowski with his summer is now in the mix, so this could be a fun 5, 6, or 7-way battle for the title the next 10 weeks

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'll rank them right now going into the Chase:

1. JJ - because 5 straight makes you the favorite.

2. Kesolowski - This boy has figured it out and is dangerous.

3. Kyle Busch - He's just methodical right now.

4. Harvick - He's run well the past couple weeks.

5. Jeff Gordon - See Harvick.

6. Carl Edwards - He's run good, but I just can't make him a favorite right now.

7. Newman - Just solid runs.

8. Tony Stewart - Seems to have figured out what was wrong, but still I question that team.

9. Kurt Busch - Head case.

10. Matt Kenseth - Has had solid runs, but is like Tony Stewart, something's off with the team.

11. Denny Hamlin - Still has not recovered from trying to play mind games with the #48 last year.

12. Jr. - Well someone has to be the guy everyone asks, "Why is he even in the Chase?" This team has no momentum and their idea of running safely will prove that is again a poor decision and Jr might finish in 10th or so because of a couple screw ups by Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth, or Tony Stewart. But in all reality he's just cannon fodder for the rest of the garage.

Not sure if any of you are planning on going to the race this weekend at Chicagoland, but if you are, I-80 into the track is under heavy construction. West is almost a nightmare on any week night, so I can't imagine how it's going to be Sunday. East from 55 isn't as bad, but then again, I don't know how backed up it'll be on race day.

My predicted finish for the Chase:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Jeff Gordon

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Kevin Harvick

5. Carl Edwards

6. Matt Kenseth

7. Brad Keselowski

8. Tony Stewart

8. Denny Hamlin

10. Ryan Newman

11. Kurt Busch

12. Dale Jr.

- Just noticed Harvick is the only driver in the Chase without a teammate. Good or bad thing?

David Newton would write an article on how Jr can still be a favorite to win the Chase on ESPN.com. It's like every week, no matter what is going on, he has to shoehorn Jr in to each of his articles. It can be about Kurt Busch and Jimmie Johnson wrecking one another followed by a fistfight between Kyle Busch and a member of another team's pit crew, and somehow he'll fit in a paragraph about how Dale Jr finished 16th but stayed in the hunt for the Chase.

As for what I'm thinking so far, I'm thinking it's gonna go down to the wire, primarily between Johnson and Gordon. I can see guys like Harvick, Kenseth, Edwards, and Rowdy getting into the thick of things and many of them will still be in contention at Homestead, it's just that I think it's another case of the 48 team during the Chase, but this time with a huge surge coming from his teammate. I'll post my top 12 the beginning of this weekend.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Not sure if any of you are planning on going to the race this weekend at Chicagoland, but if you are, I-80 into the track is under heavy construction. West is almost a nightmare on any week night, so I can't imagine how it's going to be Sunday. East from 55 isn't as bad, but then again, I don't know how backed up it'll be on race day.

Is I-80 ever not under construction?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is I-80 ever not under construction?

Sounds like I-40 around West Memphis, Arkansas.

My predictions!

1. Kyle Busch

2. Kevin Harvick

3. Jeff Gordon

4. Jimmie Johnson

5. Matt Kenseth

6. Carl Edwards

7. Tony Stewart

8. Denny Hamlin

9. Kurt Busch

10. Brad Keselowski

11. Ryan Newman

12. Dale Jr.

Should be a really fun ten weeks, and I think it's up for grabs between anyone. Yes I said anyone, don't need anyone to correct me.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

According to Jayski, looks like there will be a 3rd MWR car.

Bowyer expected to sign with Michael Waltrip Racing:

Sirius XM NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody has learned that Clint Bowyer is near agreement on a new, multi-year contract with Michael Waltrip Racing, with an announcement expected within the next 24-48 hours. Bowyer will leave Richard Childress Racing at season's end, after being unable to come to terms with the team for which he has competed for his entire NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career. The Emporia, Kansas, native is reported to have spoken -- at least preliminarily -- with at least four teams; Richard Petty Motorsports, Roush Fenway Racing, Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing. MWR emerged as the leading candidate within the last two weeks, and now, final details are being wrapped up that will put Bowyer in an MWR Toyota Camry next season as a teammate to Martin Truex, Jr., and David Reutimann. Sponsorship will come from Five Hour Energy. The multi-year deal is in the final stages of negotiation, with an official announcement expected this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway

baltimoreravens.png

Archived