2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

Edit: Oh & NASCAR.... MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/111009/bfrance-kansas-austin-montreal/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR racing on the Formula 1 road course being constructed in Austin, Texas? It's a possibility, series chairman Brian France said Sunday at Kansas Speedway.

"There's a new facility on the horizon, if you believe what is being written about, which is down in Texas, with a big road course," France said in one of his occasional briefings with reporters. "We have some road-racing products that might be possible, too. Yeah, we'll take a look at that for sure."

Do It!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please God! Then we can get rid of the second Kansas race.

Or the second Pocono race

Or the second California race

Or the second Las Vegas race

Goodness, all those tracks are terrible. Watching racing there is about as fun as watching paint dry. Bring back North Wilkesboro and Rockingham. Give Darlington back its second race. And give us a couple more road courses. At least one in the Chase.

Goodness, all those tracks are terrible. Watching racing there is about as fun as watching paint dry. Bring back North Wilkesboro and Rockingham. Give Darlington back its second race. And give us a couple more road courses. At least one in the Chase.

That'd that be cool if Cali and LV actually had second races, still i'm all for Vegas getting a second race, and Atlanta dropping their labour day race for Darlington's traditional end of Summer race.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

We have 36 races, why not use 36 different tracks?

There's not enough tracks for 36 different Sprint Cup races.

Also, a few tracks, such as Talladega and Daytona, deserve to have two races; however, most tracks do not deserve two races.

Pocono, yes that needs to go. One is enough, don't need a second. I don't believe that there is a 2nd California & Vegas race.

Sadly North Wilkesboro won't come back, the town shut it down & its in horrible shape & Rockingham is slowly coming back but who knows.

Yes, they need to add a road course to the Chase. I also think they at least need to do some races in other locations, would love to see Montreal, Iowa just to name a few.

baltimoreravens.png

I'd wait to see if Austin is actually a good track or just a promise of a good track. There are enough tracks for 36 races, but honestly the series should not be running 36 races. It should go from March until the 2nd week of November with every month except November having a week off in case of rain outs. That would give you 30 races. With 22 tracks each track would be able to host one race with the "special" tracks Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond, Darlington, Charlotte, and Martinsville hosting a second. You could still have the Chase being the last 10 races, but think how much more intense the season would be if you cut 6 races off the schedule! As far as the Chase goes, it's now a 3 man race between Harvick, Edwards, and JJ. I honestly believe that everyone else is eliminated right now.

NASCAR makes more money by bringing races to cookie-cutter tracks in densely-populated markets (Chicagoland, Michigan and Texas, I'm looking at you). That's part of the reason I've found it so friggin' unwatchable in recent years.

Yeah, I can't really keep up with NASCAR now. I also want to point out that the "boys have at it" philosophy is a joke and that I hate Kurt Busch with a fiery passion. I wish someone out there would pull a Jimmy Spencer and break his face.

Well you can only do so much with a Stock Car, try to keep it as traditional as possible, even if it is at sometimes quite boring. I posted in this thread a while back about my ideal chase, really casual NASCAR fans will only care about that in the end anyways if you really want to shake things up, but really the best thing they ever did was change the points. How many times since the Chase was started that 8 drivers have a legit shot at winning this thing after the halfway point. Charlotte is always a good race to mess with drivers, Martinsville will be nuts, and of course Talladega will really screw things up.

Should be a great final few weeks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Thus endeth the dynasty...crashing and burning.

A DNF hurts, but it's not over until the last lap at Homestead. However, I'm excited that each week adds more intrigued into which driver will or could win the championship.

You nailed it. The new points system, plus a new restrictor plate next week at Tallageda, means more issues for every team to deal with.

Thus endeth the dynasty...crashing and burning.

Dont want to see Jimmie Johnson win six in a row, but that was a scary crash I was glad he walked away. If not for the safety measures and Hans device NASCAR may of had a tragedy it looked so much like Earnhardt crash in 2001 it was scary.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A serious question for folks here: Why do people like watching plate races? The first 400 miles are irrelevant since track position is meaningless. I guess you could say it's about the wrecks, but seriously... if I wanted to see a bunch of wrecks I would just watch demolition derby.

NASCAR makes more money by bringing races to cookie-cutter tracks in densely-populated markets (Chicagoland, Michigan and Texas, I'm looking at you). That's part of the reason I've found it so friggin' unwatchable in recent years.

Michigan is NOT one of the cookie cutter tracks. The only one it's similar to is Fontana, and MIS came first (1968), so Fontana is the cookie cutter of the 2-milers.

Michigan is NOT one of the cookie cutter tracks. The only one it's similar to is Fontana, and MIS came first (1968), so Fontana is the cookie cutter of the 2-milers.

Watching a cup race at MIS is still about as exciting as counting ceiling tiles.

A serious question for folks here: Why do people like watching plate races? The first 400 miles are irrelevant since track position is meaningless. I guess you could say it's about the wrecks, but seriously... if I wanted to see a bunch of wrecks I would just watch demolition derby.

It's the same reason to watch any sport all the way through. It's called story lines and you want to know what happened and how they happened.

Archived