2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fuggin awesome. Smoke had to win HALF of the Chase races to take the crown by the closest possible margin.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congrats to Tony, not that he reads these boards! :P The thing is, yesterday I had to chuckle when I saw Bob Osborne and the #99 crew on pit road with the car at the beginning of qualifying more than an hour before they had to qualify. I thought, "Yeah, that's how you win a championship, by changing what you normally do." I'm sorry to all those Carl Edward fans, but for as "good" as he ran, you don't win a championship by running well. You WIN a championship by WINNING. Novel concept, I know. I had to laugh at Carl getting beat because he didn't win. Oh, and all these people who will predict that Carl will win the championship next year because he lost this year and will throw out the cliche phrase, "You learn to win a championship by losing one." Sorry, you learn to win a championship by WINNING a championship. When you lose a championship, you learn how to lose a championship not win one. Of course I've seen on other boards the whining, "NASCAR favors Chevy" and my favorite, "In the old point system..." You know the only people who care about the old point system are fans whose drivers can't win, because the only people who crave the old point system are fans of drivers who just lost the championship.

I definitely wanted Carl to win, but a hearty congratulations to Tony and his crew. One of the most memorable championship finishes in quite some time. I didn't like the Chase at first (still not the biggest fan), but this is precisely what it was designed for. Kudos!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this with the big news... Kurt Busch and Penske Racing are going their separate ways. With how late this move came, it's gonna be hard for him to get a quality ride for next season, especially with all the sponsorship issues everyone's facing and the lack of teams looking for a driver. Also doesn't help he's burned his bridges with Roush prior to burning them with Penske

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Bumping this with the big news... Kurt Busch and Penske Racing are going their separate ways. With how late this move came, it's gonna be hard for him to get a quality ride for next season, especially with all the sponsorship issues everyone's facing and the lack of teams looking for a driver. Also doesn't help he's burned his bridges with Roush prior to burning them with Penske

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I've been trying to figure out where Kurt might land and who is available to take over the 22 car. David Reutimann is out there. Does Penske grab him? Or do they promote a Nationwide driver? Brad Kesolowski's season probably made it easier to cut Kurt loose.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I've been trying to figure out where Kurt might land and who is available to take over the 22 car. David Reutimann is out there. Does Penske grab him? Or do they promote a Nationwide driver? Brad Kesolowski's season probably made it easier to cut Kurt loose.

From articles I've read, it seems like Kurt might be taking a year off from racing in order to "find himself" again.

I can see David Ragan taking over the #2 ride, now that Roush has released him and will most likely be folding the #6 team (at least temporarily.)

Keselowski drives the Blue Deuce, so anyone would presumably drive the 22. Leading frontrunners would have to be Reutimann or Ragan.

Question is, where could Kurt Busch end up?

Honestly, I can say that you or I would be a better choice to drive the #22 than any of the choices out there. Both David Ragan and David Ruetimann actually made people forget that UPS is even in NASCAR and Ruetimann is so good that he was fired for two basically retired drivers. Hey Pennzoil are you actually trying to get out of the sport? Because there is no one out there worth anything to drive your car. I think people are too uptight these days and need to get off people like the Buschs. What the Buschs have done is nothing new in the sport. Ask people what AJ Foyt, Junior Johnson, Cale Yarborough, and Bobby Allison have done.

The real problem isn't the players, but the media. There's more of it, and someone out there expects that the drivers aren't human and have to be perfect. I've heard Jimmie Johnson and Jeffy throw down as many F-bombs as Kurt Busch does. Both the Busch brothers are just the media's choice to pick on. I'm not saying they are perfect, but they get picked on by the fans because the media portrays them as "bad" and yet the media doesn't portray Kevin Harvick as "bad" and yet he's got to be the dirtiest driver out there. The difference? Harvick kisses Matt Yocum and Jerry Punch's asses and so they don't get portrayed as "bad" because the Pit "Morons" known as "Reporters" who have never asked an intelligent question choose their favorites based on who kisses their asses. That's really what this is about, who is kissing the collective asses of the Pit "Morons".

Archived