2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I throughly hate TNT's coverage.

I like TNT, I really like Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty. Adam Alexander is ok but no Mike Joy or Marty Reid. Their pit reporters are solid except for Parsons. He asks the dumbest questions. The pre race show is also not that bad with Lindsey and Larry Mac.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Kyle Petty isn't very good IMO but it is a change of pace from FOX which kinda looks at more of the presentation side of things, TNT and really with ESPN look at the racing side more.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

When it comes to coverage, I feel as if FOX was really good, but as of late isn't as good. Mike Joy's still the best in the business, IMO, though. TNT's alright, they weren't that good with the original deal mainly due to NBC/TNT's lack of presentation as well as commercials everywhere, granted in retrospect I want the trio of Bestwick/Dallenbach/Parsons (RIP) back. Getting rid of Bill Weber was a step in the right direction. Last year I have to say ESPN blew me away. The first couple of years were bad. They've really focused on the racing since last year, they've got the right balance of announcers, studio analysts, and pit reporters. There isn't much ESPN does right anymore, but NASCAR looks like it's one of them

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

No more bogity bogity bogity lets go racing boys.

Or "Boogity-boogity-boogity" for that matter.

On topic, I won't say they're better from an analysis standpoint, but I think FOX's NASCAR coverage is far more entertaining than TNT's or ESPN's.

BB52Big.jpg

I think all networks are good in their own way. FOX is great because they are entertaining, smart, and they have fun broadcasting the races. They also have by far the best pit reporters out of all 3 networks. I really like TNT mostly because of Wally Dallenbach. In my opinion, he is one of the best NASCAR analyst in the business. I actually did like Bill Weber because of is voice but he showed no passion for the sport. Adam Alexander was a solid replacement. But overall, I would not mind if TNT got more than 6 races. ESPN went from awful to really good. They have improved so much and Dr. Jerry Punch is an excellent pit reporter. Marty Reid is great and I like the studio show a lot.

I cant wait to see the part two of this video next season on Cops.

It's still early in the day so we have to see what else plays out, but I'd be willing to seriously talk POTD on this.

EDIT: Screw waiting. I'm nominating it. Can I get a second?

I'll second it! Congrats Tnak!

6fQjS3M.png

When it comes to coverage, I feel as if FOX was really good, but as of late isn't as good. Mike Joy's still the best in the business, IMO, though. TNT's alright, they weren't that good with the original deal mainly due to NBC/TNT's lack of presentation as well as commercials everywhere, granted in retrospect I want the trio of Bestwick/Dallenbach/Parsons (RIP) back. Getting rid of Bill Weber was a step in the right direction. Last year I have to say ESPN blew me away. The first couple of years were bad. They've really focused on the racing since last year, they've got the right balance of announcers, studio analysts, and pit reporters. There isn't much ESPN does right anymore, but NASCAR looks like it's one of them

I take back what I said about TNT. They're back to showing commercials every 5 minutes and are just as bad as back in the day when they were with NBC

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Today's race was the worst name ever for a NASCAR event

Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400

That company has sponsored NASCAR events ,races and entire weekends, for a a few years. MIS and Dover are where they are prominent. Today's race was a boring as last week's race at Pocono, where the series' two worst races occur and they keep them at 500 miles.

I also remember when I went to Sonoma in 2002 and received a text from my then girlfriend saying, "What the h%ll is a SaveMart?"

Even though Kurt Busch won his 3rd straight pole, he did not win once again. Instead, Denny Hamlin finally got his first win of the season and still sits in the top 10 in points. Carl Edwards came in fifth and still leads the standings by 20 over Kevin Harvick. The 5 time champ Jimmie Johnson had his worst day this season. After spinning on Lap 8, he finished 27th and dropped 3 spots in the points. Now we head to Infineon in the wine country of Sonoma, CA. It is going to be very interesting with road course experts such as Juan Pablo Montoya and Robby Gordon who are going to contend for the win next Sunday and the points will be shaken up dramatically. Any thoughts on this race or any previews of the next race?

Archived