2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this straight a guy who was a teenager yesterday, who was born after Super Bowl XXV has just won the Daytona 500.

Teenager on Friday. He turned 20 yesterday. What a frickin birthday celebration. I only tuned in just before the crash at lap 5 and watched the finish. I don't pay much attention to NASCAR but that was a helluva finish for that kid.

Congrats to Trevor Bayne. Now, it'll be interesting to see how he fairs during the Cup.

It's a shame we'll have to watch the Nationwide Series to see more of the kid. He's only running a part-time Cup slate this year.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Congrats to Trevor Bayne. Now, it'll be interesting to see how he fairs during the Cup.

It's a shame we'll have to watch the Nationwide Series to see more of the kid. He's only running a part-time Cup slate this year.

I bet after this he may get in a few more Cup races. Though the way he won today I am sure we will see plenty of him for years to come.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I love how they told him 'Richard Petty is here to see you,' and he was like 'AW NO WAY.'

Wow. I was bummed out when I heard Harvick recorded a DNF, but this is just too cool.

My thoughts exactly. So awesome to see Bayne get the win.

Oh, and Chris Meyers compared him to Ben Roethlisberger and Tiger Woods. Umm....

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Wow. The kid ran well all week and people were talking him up but I seriously doubt anyone expected this. The last time Jeff Gordon was this impressed with a young driver it turned out pretty well.

Way to go Wood Bros. It was nice to see the 21 car in Victory Lane again at The Daytona 500. I was 14 the last time it happened. My Dad was at the race. Damn I'm getting old.

BB52Big.jpg

To all the people saying "who expected this?!" I hate to toot my own horn, but on page 1 of this thread i said "Trevor Bayne: Rookie of the Year and will earn himself a Roush Racing ride next year." Looks like he's well on his way! And David Ragan once again threw away a chance at victory. That black flag is the beginning of the end of his Sprint Cup career.

Wow! What a race! Honestly, one of the best 500's of all time. It had everything: the cinderella story, the big crash, strategy, overtime, amazing finish. I grew up on NASCAR racing. Was obsessed with it. Went to over 20 races through my teenage years. The last few years I've drifted more to towards F1 because of Jimmies dominance and the cars looking so hideous. But seriously, this race may have roped me back in.

Archived