2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

Actually,the more Jr fails, the better it is for the sport. Why? We can finally get rid of Junior Nation, the worst thing to ever come along in racing.

Jr. Nation will never go away, no matter how mediocre his career is, was, or will be. Lots of hype around a guy who has 18 career Cup wins and no championships.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for NASCAR 2011: The Game to come out on March 29th.

Me too, I was bummed when they announced the 6 week delay, but I'm glad they're not releasing a bugged game.

Likewise, I've been waiting for a new game for a while. Hopefully they'll update the paint schemes in DLC.

baltimoreravens.png

I've noticed since Junior left DEI he doesn't get nearly enough of love when he takes the lead at Daytona or Talladega like he used to. I hope he makes the Chase, I really think he needs to make the chase to prolong his time at Hendricks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I actually hope he fails this year. Now don't get your panties in a wad for those of you who wear panties. I have the believe that he doesn't fit the corporated lifestyle that is Hendrick Motorsports. It's not who he is. He's a country boy at heart and needs to be that and can't at Hendrick. It's not saying that Rick Hendrick says he can't be that, but the business style that is Hendrick doesn't fit Jr. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Michael Waltrip Racing. Mikey's got good equipment and Jr can be himself and work with former teammates. Jr could be himself again at MWR and have no pressure there. It'd kind of be like Mikey paying back Dale Earnhardt after Earnhardt gave Mikey his big break. Of course another environment, ironically, I could see him thrive in is going to Ganassi-Earnhardt. Look what it did for Jamie Mac. I think Chip Ganassi would be a great owner for Jr and let Jr be Jr.

I actually hope he fails this year. Now don't get your panties in a wad for those of you who wear panties. I have the believe that he doesn't fit the corporated lifestyle that is Hendrick Motorsports. It's not who he is. He's a country boy at heart and needs to be that and can't at Hendrick. It's not saying that Rick Hendrick says he can't be that, but the business style that is Hendrick doesn't fit Jr. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Michael Waltrip Racing. Mikey's got good equipment and Jr can be himself and work with former teammates. Jr could be himself again at MWR and have no pressure there. It'd kind of be like Mikey paying back Dale Earnhardt after Earnhardt gave Mikey his big break. Of course another environment, ironically, I could see him thrive in is going to Ganassi-Earnhardt. Look what it did for Jamie Mac. I think Chip Ganassi would be a great owner for Jr and let Jr be Jr.

That's right on the money if you ask me. Hendrick is not at all Jr.'s style. The truth is, he sticks out like a sore thumb there. The only issue I could see with MWR is that they drive Toyotas. Jr. Nation would have a fit if their boy is in anything other than a Chevy. Then again, Mikey might switch to Chevy if it meant scoring NASCAR's most popular driver.

BB52Big.jpg

MWR basically IS Toyota in NASCAR. Toyota has a lot invested in MWR and vice versa so I don't think a switch would come easy. For that reason I don't think Jr. would end up there. I could see him going back to Ganassi-Earnhardt, or, depending on how Paul Menard works out, going to RCR as their fourth driver. I think either would be a much better fit than Hendrick. Given the messy breakup with DEI I don't think Jr. will be back their though.

MWR basically IS Toyota in NASCAR. Toyota has a lot invested in MWR and vice versa so I don't think a switch would come easy. For that reason I don't think Jr. would end up there. I could see him going back to Ganassi-Earnhardt, or, depending on how Paul Menard works out, going to RCR as their fourth driver. I think either would be a much better fit than Hendrick. Given the messy breakup with DEI I don't think Jr. will be back their though.

Paul Menard will unfortunately have a ride in Sprint Cup as long as he wants, thanks to Daddy's deep pockets. He's what you call a member of the Lucky Sperm Club.

I agree that Chevy will never let Jr. go to another brand. Another possibility is at Stewart-Haas, where they have all the resources of Hendrick, but with a bit more laid-back boss.

Dale Jr. would not half the fans he has or half the attention if his father was still alive. He truly is a mediocre driver at best, nothing more than another Kyle Petty.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dale Jr. would not half the fans he has or half the attention if his father was still alive. He truly is a mediocre driver at best, nothing more than another Kyle Petty.

That has got to be the dumbest statement in the world. He was the most hyped rookie ever. Sorry Sliced Bread. Seriously, that's why he got probably one of the biggest sponsors as a rookie ever and had more pub than any rookie ever has in his first race. Jr had his father's fans even before the death of his father. Oh, and Kyle Petty was far from an average driver, if you watched him in his prime from about 1989-1995 he was a threat to win with the Sabco team.

Hard to believe, but it was 10 years today we lost #3. Rest in Peace Dale.

I was pulling so hard for Michael Waltrip to get into the race with pretty much the same designed car he won with.

RIP Man in Black!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That post is a little overboard and ignorant. I'm not a Dale Jr fan by any means, but the guy deserves more credit than that.

His 18 career wins tie him for 36th all-time with guys like Geoff Bodine, Neil Bonnet, Kurt Busch, and Harry Gant, and he's only 36. Hardly mediocre.

He also isn't a prick and doesn't try to live off of his fathers legacy...rarely complains and acts like NASCAR owes him something.

I'm a Penske fan (Kurt Busch & Brad Keselowski), but the Dale Jr haters get on my nerves and it's so played out. If he wins, the race was fixed somehow...and if he loses, he is pathetic. :rolleyes:

Oh, and "Anyone But Jimmie". His fans keep coming out of the woodworks, like Dallas Cowboy fans of the 90s and Patriot fans of the early 2000s.

Archived