WWE Wrestlemania 28 Logo

Old School Fool

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WrestleManiaLogos.jpg

I like them all. 23 is the only one with a completely different font, 13 isn't easily legible, but none of them are significantly ugly to me.

"WWF"RESTLEMANIA 2000 had a different font as well. I'm quite partial to the Wrestlemania X logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

WrestleManiaLogos.jpg

I like them all. 23 is the only one with a completely different font, 13 isn't easily legible, but none of them are significantly ugly to me.

Wrestlemania 23 was like that because it was in Detroit that year and they wanted to do a classic car look.

Wrestlemania 13 was like that because the name of the show that year was Wrestlemania 13: Heat. Why they used Heat in the name at that time, we will never know. Other than Austin/Hart match it seemed like the rest was thrown together. Usually stuff like that is because there is something related to the name.

WrestleMania 25 is pretty bad. Not only is it entirely way to busy, but it's wrong. WrestleMania XXVI was the 25th Anniversary, not WrestleMania 25.

Don't even get me started on WrestleMania 2000.

Not to mention that they didn't even call it "WrestleMania 2000" during the broadcast (or much of the build-up). It was simply referred to as "WrestleMania." Not sure why they backed away from "2000"...perhaps the WWF/E feared their simpler fans thinking they missed out on the previous 1,999 events.

Not to mention that they didn't even call it "WrestleMania 2000" during the broadcast (or much of the build-up). It was simply referred to as "WrestleMania." Not sure why they backed away from "2000"...perhaps the WWF/E feared their simpler fans thinking they missed out on the previous 1,999 events.

What was so wrong with WrestleMania 16?

WM16.png

The thing that irked me was that WWF/E had never before (or since) used the year to designate 'Manias. They used numbers. The NWA/WCW used the yearly designation for Starrcade.

The thing that irked me was that WWF/E had never before (or since) used the year to designate 'Manias. They used numbers. The NWA/WCW used the yearly designation for Starrcade.

They used Roman numerals to designate SuperBrawl events, IIRC. Not sure why they placed that level of importance upon an event other than Starrcade.

A beautiful but unused Wrestlemania logo...

wm25-logo.jpg

I understand the need for using the 25th Anniversary one, but it meant that this one had to go to waste.

There was no need to use the 25th anniversary because it wasn't the 25th anniversary. It was 24 years after Wresltemania I, making it the 24th anniversary.

I agree that the whole Wrestlemania 2000 was bad, but it is atleast somewhat understandable. X-Seven and X8 are beyond explanation, and whoever pitched those names needs to be punched in the groin.

This is the first time I noticed, but the WWF attitude logo was only used for 4 Wrestlemanias, while the WWE version is on its ninth. Funny considering I though when they debuted the E logo that it looked half assed (which it was) and would quickly be replaced. They really need a new logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That they did, in regards to SuperBrawl. Not sure why they went with yearly designations for Starrcade.

if we want to make this a thread about curious decisions made by the NWA/WCW, we could be here awhile ;)

Point made :D

wm25-logo.jpg

I understand the need for using the 25th Anniversary one, but it meant that this one had to go to waste.

There was no need to use the 25th anniversary because it wasn't the 25th anniversary. It was 24 years after Wresltemania I, making it the 24th anniversary.

Wrestlemania 26: The 25 Anniversary would look and sound terrible. I agree that the WWE is not being valid with the 25th anniversary milestone logo. But what else could they have done?

wm25-logo.jpg

Wrestlemania 26: The 25 Anniversary would look and sound terrible. I agree that the WWE is not being valid with the 25th anniversary milestone logo. But what else could they have done?

killed the roman numerals for 26 (since they were willing to do that in the past) and promoted it as wrestlemania's silver anniversary? that might have worked. or just blown off the anniversary thing (since it's kind of redundant if you're numbering them anyway) and just gone with 25 and 26.

sig2024.png

wm25-logo.jpg

killed the roman numerals for 26 (since they were willing to do that in the past) and promoted it as wrestlemania's silver anniversary? that might have worked. or just blown off the anniversary thing (since it's kind of redundant if you're numbering them anyway) and just gone with 25 and 26.

Yes. Don't celebrate the anniversary if it isn't really the anniversary. There is no reason they had to denote an anniversary to begin with.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

wm25-logo.jpg

Yes. Don't celebrate the anniversary if it isn't really the anniversary. There is no reason they had to denote an anniversary to begin with.

I wonder since they are in a PG direction how they will market Wrestlemania 30. Because if its a PG show then, they are not going to get away with Wrestlemania XXX. I can see them doing a subtle logo like WMXX but with the XXX in some design but with the number 30 somewhere.

I wonder since they are in a PG direction how they will market Wrestlemania 30. Because if its a PG show then, they are not going to get away with Wrestlemania XXX. I can see them doing a subtle logo like WMXX but with the XXX in some design but with the number 30 somewhere.

The Super Bowl "got away with it":

2352.gif

True, WWE may on a bit of a shorter leash due to some of its content, but if they don't play up any kind of sex angle with the logo ? having silhouettes of strippers straddling it or something ? then I don't see why they couldn't go with "XXX" and still maintain a PG image. I would hope that most people are mature enough to realize it is the Roman numeral and not any other kind of reference.

Then again, Vince could go completely in the other direction and totally play up a sex angle. I wouldn't put it past him and the company brass. But either way, they won't tiptoe around it.

And FTR, I hate that they still use the modified Attitude logo. How outdated is that thing??

I hear ya. You would think they would have used the changeover to PG to drop the Attitude logo completely. If only to show the rest of the world that they were really serious about leaving the controversial Attitude Era behind.

I mean, is it just because they can't come up with anything better? I don't even get why it reads "WW". Am I missing something? Why no "E"?? GAHHHH!

Something like this would be simple and ideal:

new_wwe.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Archived