2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I have a friend who works at WFAN in New York. There are rumors floating that Jorge Posada pulled himself from the lineup when he found out he was batting 9th and is holding a press conference after the game. People speculate retirement.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone watching the BOS-NYY game on FOX? If you are what did Sarah Silverman say (twice) that they censored out? I was half-listening and I am having trouble figuring it out using context.

She said Mass hole

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is anyone watching the BOS-NYY game on FOX? If you are what did Sarah Silverman say (twice) that they censored out? I was half-listening and I am having trouble figuring it out using context.

She said Mass hole

Oh ok, I get it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Dear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, could you shut the hell up for more then two seconds if your not going to talk about the on field action? If your out of things to talk about then don't say anything. I don't need to hear stories about Paul Simon.

I have a friend who works at WFAN in New York. There are rumors floating that Jorge Posada pulled himself from the lineup when he found out he was batting 9th and is holding a press conference after the game. People speculate retirement.

Well this story just got real juicy.

I don't know how many people know how bad it comes off for a player to say he's hurt and can't play, but basically refuses to go into the training room. Guys have released on the spot for pulling that kind of crap and probably the only reason Posada wasn't himself was because of his tenure with the club.

I don't know if what Cashman did by going to the media was right, but I don't blame him one bit. What Posada did is one of the biggest no no's that you can do as a player. I wouldn't be shocked if the Yankees wound up cutting ties with him after a few days. At the very least he is going to be suspended. He's hitting .165 so I don't really think the Yankees are in any kind of desperate need to keep him on the active roster.

Its always nice to have context for a situation, but from what I can tell I would be very surprised if it was a "mental" day off as Girardi put it. Brian Cashman wouldn't have made a statement during the game for a "mental" day off. Again whether or not it was the right move I think is a matter of opinion, and I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to really on that aspect of it, but I have a much easier time justifying his rationale then Posada's who I don't think has a leg to stand on here.

You forgot to mention Jorge's Wife Tweeting he had a stiff back and loved being a Yankee. The Yankees are looking terrible lately and Jorge is looking like a baby who can't see that he is washed up.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

He's batting .165 and thinks he's above having to bat 9th in the order?? That b*tch is lucky he's even in the lineup to begin with!

6uXNWAo.png

Girardi: If I'd known that was what it took, I would have done this a couple of years ago.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think what the Yankees are doing right now is talking to the commissioner's office, their lawyers and perhaps even Posada's agent to see if there is anyway they can get out of this contract for what he did.

I think he's gone. Even if they can't recoup any money, what are you going to do? Are you going to suspend him and make him even more of a malcontent? He's untradeable with his contract, and he probably isn't good enough to even be on the roster. You could try to work this out, but my bet is that working this out will probably mean doing nothing, because I don't think he's going to take a suspension or a fine and you can't just let this slide.

I really don't see any way that Jorge Posada can remain a New York Yankee by the end of the week.

Jose Bautista now either leads or is tied for the lead in home runs, walks, slugging and on base percentage. This guy is amazing.

He also leads for home runs at Target Field, and will continue to do so for some time.

Unfortunately for him and the Jays, Minnesota and Toronto are done with each other for the year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Jorge Posada was just teary-eyed in his interview with Buster Olney on Baseball Tonight.

The media is giving the Posada topic WAY to much attention, the guy is old, and gets benched and immediately all you hear is: "HE'S GONNA RETIRE. THEY WILL TRADE HIM. HE'S GONNA ARGUE WITH GIRARDI. HE'S GONNA GO TO THE REDSOX. THE YANKEES ARE GONNA BLOW UP. WHERE'S MY TURTLE?" Ok, maybe not that last part, but you get the point.

I for one (as a yankee fan), would not mind if he leaves, he contributes almost nothing to the team, and I would like to see what Andruw Jones can do as a DH.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I don't think there is an argument to made that Jose Bautista isn't the best player in the game right now.

I don't know if I would say he's the best, but if the season ended today he's hands down the AL MVP.

With Posada I think he's starting to realize that he screwed up royaly, but it may be too late. The Yankees still have to take some kind of action, and I'm still of the opinion from my earlier post that they are working towards releasing if they can recoup enough of his salary.

Archived