2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was all ready to complain about MLB Network showing a Red Sox game as the first in a doubleheader, when of course they take 4 hours to complete their games so there's no way the second will start airing on time. After having been spared watching that first inning, though, I'm thankful.

I'm watching my fantasy team's live update. Brandon League has a 2-run lead with 2 outs. I promptly think "booyah, another save and quality 0.00 ERA!" and close the tab.

I check it a few minutes later and league gave up a run, a handful of hits and was smashed with a line drive and is now DTD. He posted a 40+ ERA and the mariners lost the game immediately.

:censored:.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tony LaRussa outsmarted himself last night and it cost his team 9 runs. Up 2-1 in top of the 8th, Phils have 2 runners on and 1 out with Ryan Howard coming up, and LaRussa removed a lefty reliever (which is almost a guaranteed strikeout) and put in the righty fireballer to face him instead.

Trever Miller out, Jason Motte in

Howard HBP (1 pitch)

Polanco HBP (2-2)

Motte out, Brian Tallet in

Ibanez K

Francisco RBI single (3-2)

Tallet out, Miguel Batista in

Ruiz BB (4-2)

Martinez BB (5-2)

Rollins 2-run single (7-2)

Batista out, Maikel Cleto in

Victorino BB

Utley 2-run single (9-2)

Howard RBI single (10-2)

45 minutes to finish that half inning

Tony La Russa Outsmarting Himself is one of my favorite things in baseball. I hope I'm watching the game where he puts nine relief pitchers in the field and rotates them all between the mound and their positions so he can play the matchups. "Here's Chase Utley at the plate, and it looks like the Cardinals are going to look to their bullpen and go to their second baseman here."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh come on it was funny because its true.

It may be true, but the "joke" wasn't anything even resembling funny. You can do better.

Not to mention the fact that Kansas City is in Missouri (assuming it was a Wizard of Oz reference)...

Part of Kansas City is in Kansas.

BB52Big.jpg

Is Chipper Jones rocking a mohawk?

He has been for a while now. I noticed it back in April (I think.) I had a Braves game on MLB Extra Innings and there was Chipper with the mohawk. The announcers said something about it having to do with "relating to the young players" or something.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh come on it was funny because its true.

It may be true, but the "joke" wasn't anything even resembling funny. You can do better.

Not to mention the fact that Kansas City is in Missouri (assuming it was a Wizard of Oz reference)...

Part of Kansas City is in Kansas.

Fair enough, I guess I should've said "Not to mention the fact that the Royals play in Missouri" B)

The Nats are at .500!

It's nice to have a half-decent baseball team in the region for a change. The Nats have been fun to follow.

They have been fun to watch. They've certainly got people talking. I knew all we needed was a half decent team to get people into it. Noones gonna pay money to watch a pathetic baseball team but if they hover around the .500 mark people will come out and watch them.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Nats are at .500!

This season I spent 170 bucks on MLB Extra Innings and who do I watch the most? The Pirates, Royals, and Nats. What can I say? I really enjoy following the underdogs. Anyway, it's great to see the Nats and Pirates playing decent baseball.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived