Lakers - Celtics Retro...again

63Bulldogs63

The Cornucopia of NBA Uniform/Logo Changes whatever thread has sort of become the de facto thread on this site for discussing any issues related to uniforms/logos and having nothing to do with actual basketball. That's why it's sort of pointless to make a new thread. I don't care that much that this thread was created, but I'm just saying.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This really didn't need it's own topic.

Why?

Because it will be dead in by the end of the night and will be talked about in the NBA season topic.

If that's true, then this topic will die a natural death all on its own, without anybody having to play amature mod.

Ohhh so sorry I wasn't trying to get it deleted I was just saying it didn't need it's own topic that would get 4 replies.

This really didn't need it's own topic.

Why?

Because it will be dead in by the end of the night and will be talked about in the NBA season topic.

If that's true, then this topic will die a natural death all on its own, without anybody having to play amature mod.

Ohhh so sorry I wasn't trying to get it deleted I was just saying it didn't need it's own topic that would get 4 replies.

But, see, it already has 6 replies just discussing whether or not we should be discussing it. :P I say this baby has legs!

Not sure why theyre doing this, and this really didn't need it's own topic.

There's a thread on this forum all 17 weeks of the NFL season, discussing what teams are wearing what, so I don't see any problem with anyone making a thread regarding tonights LAKERS -CELTICS game.

Unless you really look hard, neither teams retro's look are so noticeably different that it immediately catches ones eye. If anything it's more the point that the LAKERS aren't wearing purple since they're the road team.

The ones that look noticeably different and are eye-catching are Boston's green alt jerseys with the black trim that bears 'BOSTON' instead of 'CELTICS' ... or the LAKERS uniforms in the Minneapolis retro style.

It's not like we have qualifications for having the right to initiate a thread on here .... :therock:

There's a thread on this forum all 17 weeks of the NFL season, discussing what teams are wearing what, so I don't see any problem with anyone making a thread regarding tonights LAKERS -CELTICS game.

Unless you really look hard, neither teams retro's look are so noticeably different that it immediately catches ones eye. If anything it's more the point that the LAKERS aren't wearing purple since they're the road team.

The ones that look noticeably different and are eye-catching are Boston's green alt jerseys with the black trim that bears 'BOSTON' instead of 'CELTICS' ... or the LAKERS uniforms in the Minneapolis retro style.

It's not like we have qualifications for having the right to initiate a thread on here .... :therock:

Can you change the font you post with? That one hurts my eyes...

Can you change the font you post with? That one hurts my eyes...

Great, another backseat mod. Check yourself rook. :P

On topic; Shouldn't a Lakers - Celtics "throwback" game have the Lakers wearing purple? Or blue? (If we're going way back) Normally, I'm a big fan of the occasional retro game but this one just looked like a "hey we have throwbacks and so do the Lakers so let's wear them" game. if they're going to do it then do it right. This one was just a matter of both teams happened to have throwbacks. So what if they're both wearing home uniforms right?

BB52Big.jpg

I was thinking the same thing when I turned the game on. You'd think that the lakers would have the matching forum blue road uni's to go along with the retro homes. I myself wouldnt have normally watched that game, but the sub plot of Ray Allen surpassing Reggie Miller's record, which was mentioned so much on all the sports stations this morning, I had to tune in. This makes both Celtics-Lakers games this season Throwback uni games.

On a side note, did anyone else who watched the game think Paul Pierce looked out of place with his all black sneakers?

Archived