Oregon has inspired others

Jahgee

The whole thing about the Oregon court is that at first it just looked like a badly stained court. But at least it was still wood-colored. These courts are just too distracting with all the color, it would be hard to pick up the lines and any other required court markings.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's times like these where I'm thankful Nebraska isn't a Nike school. (Memo to our pro-bono designer-Whoops!)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Floors / fields should be as neutral as possible so that your eye can easily focus on and identify the players who are playing on it. A colored lane on a bball court is fine, but some of the huge center court logos in NCAA, and designs like the old Rockets are very distracting and lessen the viewing experience IMO. Same with the blue and now red turf in football. Green is pretty much the ultimate neutral color - it's easy on the eyes, other colors tend to stand out against it, and it's dark enough to be a good background during the day, but not dark enough to be a problem at night.

The best courts are the ones that look great when shown in concept form or in an empty arena, but then you don't even notice them when the game is going on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the only ones that would ever work are LSU, Arizona and Miami (FL). the rest are either too colourful (Hawaii), too detailed (colorado), too bright (nebraska) or just plain stupid (UNLV, Louisville)

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived