2011 NBA Old Faces, New Places

jhans203

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember that video of Harris getting schooled by that random British guy in street clothes? That was great.

Just a random thought...

90758391980.gif

Glad to have Harris and Favors on the team, I like what they bring! Harris is already stepping up into a leadership role, I love it. It's very sad to see D-Will in another uniform though, it's just mind-boggling :cry: But, it is what it is, and the Jazz will be alright, I'm sure of it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Photoshopped, but this is the number Baron will be wearing. I repeat, he WILL be wearing 85.

I do not know why.

davis_110225_670.jpg

Well he doesn't care about anything, so my guess is he just picked a ridiculous number to be funny. As a Cavs fan I wasn't too happy to lose Mo, a guy who loved Cleveland, for Davis. But that Draft pick might turn out to help us...

I got respect for Mo because he never made excuses, handled himself with dignity and class, and always was proud to be in Cleveland. But from a basketball perspective... I was glad to see him go. It just wasn't working.

As for Davis' number... isn't that what Sehmi Erden wears?

Well FS Ohio had Davis' number as 15 when showing the newly aquired players...but Erden wears 86 I think?

According to the NBA.com Cavs roster Davis is #85 and Erdin is #9.

According to this video, Baron will wear #85. He does say that he loves Ochocinco, but he also states that the house where he had his first basketball court was his grandmothers house on 85th street. He says, "the reason I picked 85 was because, for me, it's a rebirth, to get back to my roots... It's a dedication to my grandparents, grandfather for introducing me to basketball."

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not that this has anything to do with the point of this thread...but I really think it's time for the Suns to cut sling with those uniforms and start over again.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^^ The Trailblazers actually have a no headband rule?

Really? The Trail Blazers??

001045792.jpg

You don't have to go that far back. I think Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace wore headbands in Portland, too. But maybe it had something to do with them trying to start over from the jailblazers era. Like a new image kind of thing. I'm not associated headbands with crime, but maybe it was just a way for them to change their look without redoing their identity.

BTW I hadn't heard of the no-headbands thing either, but if G-Wall isn't wearing one then it leads me to believe that it could be true.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

^^ The Trailblazers actually have a no headband rule?

Really? The Trail Blazers??

001045792.jpg

You don't have to go that far back. I think Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace wore headbands in Portland, too. But maybe it had something to do with them trying to start over from the jailblazers era. Like a new image kind of thing. I'm not associated headbands with crime, but maybe it was just a way for them to change their look without redoing their identity.

BTW I hadn't heard of the no-headbands thing either, but if G-Wall isn't wearing one then it leads me to believe that it could be true.

Its actually Coach McMillian's rule. And he was hired to help change the culture of the team, leave the Jailblazers behind, etc. I'm sure the headband rule has something to do with that.

He's allowed players to wear them in the past if they needed them for some reason. LaMarcus Aldridge wore one while recovering from ear infection and he needed to keep sweat out of his ears.

Archived