2011 NBA Old Faces, New Places

jhans203

I know there was a thread started last year either around the Trade Deadline or Draft with old faces in new places. Since there was an influx of trades the past couple of days and surely we'll be seeing a lot more movement the next couple of weeks I thought I'd start a new thread that will hopefully last until either the start of the 2011-12 season or 2012 Trade Deadline (praying that both will happen).

carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

Carmelo Anthony, Knicks #7 (Anyone know the reason for the #7 choice?)

9320381-large.jpg

Deron Williams, Nets #8

celtics-nuggets-110224.jpg

Danilo Gallinari, Nuggets #8

alg_billups-drives.jpg

Chauncey Billups, Knicks #4

DevinHarris_final.png

Devin Harris, Jazz #5 (I laughed at this PhotoShop attempt ... if you even want to call it such)

EDIT: What's up with those legs? Is that D-Will's body? Oy!

Anyways ... more to come with a full slate of games set for tomorrow and this weekend.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to assume Melo took 7 because 2+5=7.

I know there was a thread started last year either around the Trade Deadline or Draft with old faces in new places. Since there was an influx of trades the past couple of days and surely we'll be seeing a lot more movement the next couple of weeks I thought I'd start a new thread that will hopefully last until either the start of the 2011-12 season or 2012 Trade Deadline (praying that both will happen).

carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

Carmelo Anthony, Knicks #7 (Anyone know the reason for the #7 choice?)

9320381-large.jpg

Deron Williams, Nets #8

celtics-nuggets-110224.jpg

Danilo Gallinari, Nuggets #8

alg_billups-drives.jpg

Chauncey Billups, Knicks #4

DevinHarris_final.png

Devin Harris, Jazz #5 (I laughed at this PhotoShop attempt ... if you even want to call it such)

EDIT: What's up with those legs? Is that D-Will's body? Oy!

Anyways ... more to come with a full slate of games set for tomorrow and this weekend.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

He was #15 before.

Yeah, I was trying to figure it out too. I was thinking it could possibly be the number between Melo's two other worn numbers of 15 and 22 ... 15-22=7. Who knows, but Melo?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

He was #15 before.

Yeah, I was trying to figure it out too. I was thinking it could possibly be the number between Melo's two other worn numbers of 15 and 22 ... 15-22=7. Who knows, but Melo?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/2889/why-carmelo-chose-to-wear-no-7

He did wear #22 in High School, that's what I thought.

Photoshopped, but this is the number Baron will be wearing. I repeat, he WILL be wearing 85.

I do not know why.

davis_110225_670.jpg

Well he doesn't care about anything, so my guess is he just picked a ridiculous number to be funny. As a Cavs fan I wasn't too happy to lose Mo, a guy who loved Cleveland, for Davis. But that Draft pick might turn out to help us...

Photoshopped, but this is the number Baron will be wearing. I repeat, he WILL be wearing 85.

I do not know why.

davis_110225_670.jpg

Well he doesn't care about anything, so my guess is he just picked a ridiculous number to be funny. As a Cavs fan I wasn't too happy to lose Mo, a guy who loved Cleveland, for Davis. But that Draft pick might turn out to help us...

I got respect for Mo because he never made excuses, handled himself with dignity and class, and always was proud to be in Cleveland. But from a basketball perspective... I was glad to see him go. It just wasn't working.

As for Davis' number... isn't that what Sehmi Erden wears?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

DevinHarris_final.png

Yeah, that PS job is a real mind-f***. The Phillips 66 logo is correct (as is the reflection), but the ball and shoes (and presumably the body) is reversed. Oh, and not to mention the blur effect by the left shoe... Did someone get paid to do this?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I do not know why.

davis_110225_670.jpg

I got respect for Mo because he never made excuses, handled himself with dignity and class, and always was proud to be in Cleveland. But from a basketball perspective... I was glad to see him go. It just wasn't working.

Well FS Ohio had Davis' number as 15 when showing the newly aquired players...but Erden wears 86 I think?

I do not know why.

davis_110225_670.jpg

Well FS Ohio had Davis' number as 15 when showing the newly aquired players...but Erden wears 86 I think?

According to the NBA.com Cavs roster Davis is #85 and Erdin is #9.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived