Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Tweak

lich0037

Since Spring Training is here I thought I share my Angels slight re-brand that I?ve been working on. It bothers me when professional sports teams don?t spell out their city on road jerseys.

The Angels are one of those teams. So here is my concept?

Overall I think the Angels use to much red. Thus, I added a little more navy into the primary logo. I also added back in the gold.

AnaheimAngelsConcept_Logos.png

The home uniform I left pretty much the same. The road uniform as Anaheim on the front (since that?s where they play) and ?Los Angeles Angels of?

arched above in smaller lettering. I also switch the cap to navy with a red brim, just to continue the trend from past caps.

AnaheimAngelsConcept_Current.png

For the throwbacks I went with their 1961 uniforms from when they played in LA. I am huge fan of the halo on the hat. I really hope they wear this on the field this year.

I also know they just released this home jersey for their Friday home uniform set. But I think they should wear the road version when they are on the road on Fridays.

Anniversary logos on both uniform sets.

AnaheimAngelsConcept_Throwback.png

That?s all. Let me know what you think! C&C please!

The jersey saying Anaheim would be GREAT without the additional text, but I understand it's not your fault that they have a stupid name. The LA set looks great design-wise, but really, they shouldn't be using the LA name alone. Again, not your fault. :rolleyes:

Nice work! No real complains about your part of the design. Some complaints with the organization though!

87Redskins.png

I wanted to do their throwbacks since it was their 50th Anniversary this year. When I started this concept way back in December they didn't have plans to have throwback uniform for the upcoming season. Thus, inspiring me re-create their 1961 uni's.

You know what I just noticed and it's not your fault, but having a patch on each sleeve is redundant. Why? They are both circle patches and the both state the franches was begun in 1961. I'd ditch the normal patch and keep the 50th. Oh and the star inside the 50th logo, should be gold and not grey/silver. Otherwise excellent idea and execution.

Even in 2011, 6 years after the change, I cannot believe they still have that same ridiculous name. It was a dumb idea since day 1 and it still is.

I like what you have done though. What you have done is very original and creative. I'd like to see that on a real jersey.

I love the blue hats. More than the silly name, the most frustrating thing about the Angels is how their commitment to red will keep them from permanently adopting those hats.

And speaking of the silly name, since the team's running out the clock on "Anaheim," I'd be interested in seeing your concept but with Los Angeles in big letters.

Not to worry - the minute he's legally able to, Moreno will drop "Anaheim" altogether and the Angels can go back to their first, best and only proper name.

California Angels? :P

Not so long as there is another AL club in the Golden State.

Just as I said it - their first name is also their best, and the only proper one.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Here is something for you to chew on...Let's say, in a perfect world, the Angels drop 'Anaheim' from their name and go with just 'Los Angeles'. Which versions below would you like to see worn?

AnaheimAngelsConcept_FutureRoad.png

Archived