Updating a classic Jayhawk

Chief.

Every once in a while, I get a break from being an English major to revisit graphic design. I may turn this into a series of classic logos updated, but I wanted to see what you guys think. You ARE the experts. This is an update of the Kansas University Jayhawks' 1912 logo. He's my favorite. He's just so precious:

Jayhawk1912.png

Very nice update!! I love the current Jayhawk (one of my favorite caps that I own features it), but this one, as you've updated it, would be a great primary too I think! Very nice work! And I'd totally follow a series like this if you took it up. I love updated classic logos, I think they retain great tradition while keeping with the times. Again, great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As a Kansas Jayhawk fan, who grew up in Atchison,KS, I loved this logo.

I have many family members who are KU grads and the all love and have the sticker of all those Ole KU Bird Logos.

This is a tremendous update!

I am hoping you'll be upgrading all the KU birds. This will be a great series!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

As a Kansas Jayhawk fan, who grew up in Atchison,KS, I loved this logo.

I have many family members who are KU grads and the all love and have the sticker of all those Ole KU Bird Logos.

This is a tremendous update!

I am hoping you'll be upgrading all the KU birds. This will be a great series!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Thanks, Scout. I actually grew up in Hays, Kansas, and I'm going to Fort Hays State right now. I'm hoping to go to KU for grad school. I never thought of doing all the KU birds, actually. Not a bad plan. :)

Nice job. Its clean and you stayed true to the original... very crucial. I would love to see that on a baseball hat. Would be sick.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Here are the birds I was talking about - Chief. knows what I am talking about.

jayhawk_evolution.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived