Citrus Blast

Tannerman

Not sure if you guys were aware of the new drink arriving from Pepsi, Citrus Blast. Here's a look at the packaging:

image_citrusblast1.jpg

It's basically their own version of Squirt with a slightly smoother taste. Both Pepsi and Coke lost the distribution rights to Squirt in 2009-10 when they renegotiated agreements with Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

For comparison, here's a look at the Squirt designs, including the recent redesign they did in late 2010

image_squirt_designs1.jpg

As you can see, Citrus Blast borrows heavily from the look/feel of Squirt. Don't even get me started on the generic name! :)

I'm not usually the type to make these claims, but I'd say if this isn't nearing copyright infringement, then it's at the very least an embarrassing rip-off for a company of Pepsi's stature.

Obviously they want to use the established aesthetic so people know what it is, but even using the drops coming from the "i"? That's sad. And yes, the name is awful.

I hope Squirt TMd the drops-over-i thing so they can sue. It's probably not © infringement, but like STL said, it's pretty pathetic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow - I saw Citrus Blast in a store and thought it was Squirt, rebranded. This is pretty blatant.

The exact reason why they have a case and this matters.

Precisely.

I actually bought some Diet Citrus Blast over the weekend. I'd wanted to try Squirt for some time, but I only drink diet/sugar-free soda and Diet Squirt isn't available, at least here.

It's bland. Tastes like soda water mixed with lemon juice. It's not awful, there just isn't much taste there. Think watered-down Fresca.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hm...I thought maybe this was the same thing

Sundrop.png

before coming back here and realizing it was a different product entirely :P

I've never heard of Sun Drop before, but according to wiki, it's being distributed nationwide by Dr Pepper/Schweppes. Seems like their version of Mountain Dew, but made with orange juice. Even more odd, the diet version has more caffeine than the regular version.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've never heard of Sun Drop before, but according to wiki, it's being distributed nationwide by Dr Pepper/Schweppes. Seems like their version of Mountain Dew, but made with orange juice. Even more odd, the diet version has more caffeine than the regular version.

SunDrop historically has been a southern beverage, but just a few months ago Dr Pepper Snapple Group took it national. In many ways, it's better than Mountain Dew.

SunDrop historically has been a southern beverage, but just a few months ago Dr Pepper Snapple Group took it national. In many ways, it's better than Mountain Dew.

:censored: 's ballin'.

:censored: 's ballin'.

QFT

Hm...I thought maybe this was the same thing

Sundrop.png

before coming back here and realizing it was a different product entirely :P

You've just unearthed one of the many untold secrets of "diet" soda.

For those who didn't already know this, it used to be that about the only difference between a normal soda and a "diet" version of the same thing was about seven to eight grams of sugar. (Fun science experiment...get a can of normal soda and a "diet" version of the same, fill a sink or a bucket or something up with water, and stick those cans in there. Watch what happens.)

Okay, so why have I been quote-en-quoting the word "diet"? Well, slapshot just turned y'all on to one of the reasons...the higher amount of caffeine sometimes present. It doesn't stop there...sometimes "diet" soda also contains more sodium than its regular conterpart, along with a bunch of artificial sweeteners, more often than not a result of all the different artificial flavorings added to diet sodas, supposedly to make them more appealing. The other thing is that the carbonation in diet sodas can also lead to increased fluid retention. For those of you who consume diet sodas, ever wondere why you might feel "bloated" sometimes after drinking one? Now you know why.

(And here all this time you thought you were drinking something "healthier", just because it had less sugar and caloties. Pfffttt.... :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mello Yello blows both Mountain Dew and Sun Drop out of the water.

It's nice to see Mello Yello get more national distribution as well. Coke decided to push it out to more markets after they pretty much decided that Vault was a failure. Thus the recent redesign on Yello with more retro packaging.

Mello Yello blows both Mountain Dew and Sun Drop out of the water.

It's nice to see Mello Yello get more national distribution as well. Coke decided to push it out to more markets after they pretty much decided that Vault was a failure. Thus the recent redesign on Yello with more retro packaging.

I LOVED Vault Zero. I know it's still found in some markets. I'd just like to know which ones so I can stock up!

dnL was the best lemon-lime soda/pop I've ever had.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived